Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What kind of time limit should we give someone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,943

What kind of time limit should we give someone

Jun 4, 2020, 10:41 AM

that was young and immature before we forgive the act or the sin??

Here is an article that I had to attach in 3 parts because I could not copy and paste it. Referring to the article IMO it’s total BS that this kid was dismissed from the team for an incident that happened 3 years ago. How far back do we need to go in our past before we have to put triple locks on the closet door with the skeleton’s we want to keep in the closet and because we realized with maturity they were wrong.

IMO if we keep digging into everyone’s past we are only keeping the cream from rising to the top. It’s tragic that a mistake made in your past could undo all the good things you have accomplished. It’s a good thing God has mercy and compassion and forgives and forgets our stupidity.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you listen to the audio?

Jun 4, 2020, 10:56 AM

It's really bad... "satire" or not.

He will have plenty of opportunities to do good things in his life, he just won't be doing them on the Oregon State football team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you listen to the audio?

Jun 4, 2020, 11:42 AM

Yes and it is quite graphic. As a Christian I could continue to take offense to the fact he used the words GD which are highly offensive to me. But there comes a point in time where we have to forgive and forget.

What is this kid like now? Has he changed for the better or does he still use the same language is he still the same person?? Is he truly a racist or was it a point in his life where he did a some really stupid things.

I think the most important point I am trying to make is racism exist throughout society by every race. It always will. But there comes a time when we have to stop trying to destroy people with their past and accept them for who they are now. There are millions of people who have used offensive words at one time or another. Do we continue to persecute these people, continue to hold grudges and demand apologies over and over or do we learn to forgive and love one another??

This is the kind of stuff far right and far left people use to keep our society divided. Why did this tape recording pop up now.?? Why did the Coach P incident come back up now after 4 years. I honestly believe there are hate groups who thrive off of these incidents. And we give them a platform by keeping incidents on the front page for weeks and weeks at a time. It’s on every cable channel with a talk show.

My question is how long do we hold someone accountable for past sins?? 1 year 3 years, 5 years or for a lifetime. Where does it end?? We have enough Current problems Without digging up the past. It’s just like the NBA announcer being suspended for saying All Lives Matter. Is that a true or false statement. Why is this the focus on one race.?? It really should be about (ALL People).

That one incident could prevent this kid from playing college football. How is it going to affect his overall future. How many on this board could have their lives destroyed because of their past??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Did you listen to the audio? ]

After 67 years of living in this very controversial life that changes as fast, and different from one season to next, and every year the seasons aren't the same as they were the year before. Humans do the same, what was unfavorable to us last season or last year, we usually have a different opinion the next year. People change, and most of the time those changes make us better than they were before bc life experiences as we get older makes it easier for us to see things clearer with a more open mind, and we realize how stupid our thoughts were when we were younger refusing to slow down and looking at our life with an open mind, and that is the reason that young people get better as the years pass us by. As humans, some get it a lot sooner than others, but that is no reason to throw away or band the ones that couldn't or didn't learn the best ways a little slower.

When we look back on our own lives, there has been many times that we question what in the world was we thinking back then that made us do things that we are ashamed of doing way back then. Anybody that is over the age of 35, and says that they don't have anything in their past that was shameful or regretful, then you are special, or you're still walking around with a closed mind and you probably won't ever get it, or never allow yourself to change when we all have to change something in different stages in our lives. When we are truly honest with ourselves, we see that we haven't always been perfect. For me personally knowing that I was never perfect, and knowing that I have regrets from a younger wilder me, I find it hard to hold something against others that happen in a distant pass bc, I changed a lot with age, and I believe that if I could change, so can anybody else!!! I believe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 1:42 PM

allinallorangeallthetime52 I thought it was well thought out and made many great points.

nothing in the media on this but crickets?***

Jun 4, 2020, 11:38 AM

Re: nothing in the media on this but crickets?***

Jun 4, 2020, 11:48 AM

It was reported by ESPN’s news on the internet.

I don't think i need to run for POTUS or Governor of S.C.

Jun 4, 2020, 11:56 AM

Well, I have never smoked Marijuana, taken any drugs, sexually abused anyone young lady, etc. The only thing I can come up with is possible someone will remember I TU'ed a post on T-Net that will offend someone or be construed as insensitive to a gender or race.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think i need to run for POTUS or Governor of S.C.

Jun 4, 2020, 11:57 AM

I TU’d your post so we’re in this together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha Ha

Jun 4, 2020, 12:04 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ha Ha

Jun 4, 2020, 12:22 PM

In this day and age of disgustful political correctness, almost no one is given a second chance. If you happen to be white, you will get crucified first and then maybe, maybe you will get another chance. The thinking all over is that only white people are racist. That is so far from the truth. Here in my hometown, the black political posters in the black yards are nothing but blacks. They do not support a single white person either though they are in the same party. Call it what you want but racism occurs in all forms in all, all races. I once had a black boss that was racist. Whites had to walk a different line than the black employees. Racism needs to end in all forms in all races.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree. I hate to say this but a black friends

Jun 4, 2020, 12:39 PM

father passed. I went to the funeral and the eulogy was on nothing other than racism. I was one of two whites attending and I wanted to get the heck out of there. My friend apologized to me for the comments. We are still great friends today.

Jun 4, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to I don't think i need to run for POTUS or Governor of S.C. ]

I will be your campaign manager. Let’s start small. Run for Governor of Tigernet, then we will go for SC governor then POTUS! You’re a shoe in! ?? “ MyfavOrange for Tigernet Govenor”

Jun 4, 2020, 12:40 PM

I would be lucky to garner ten votes.

Jun 4, 2020, 1:15 PM

11. You probably aren’t considering Ora!

Jun 4, 2020, 1:27 PM

that all depends if I get Spud's vote. Then twelve.

Jun 4, 2020, 1:36 PM

I hate being vote 13, but you have my vote!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think i need to run for POTUS or Governor of S.C. ]

Pffft!!

Jun 4, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think i need to run for POTUS or Governor of S.C. ]

Coot Leftie would be a better choice for the Governor of S.C. than Henry McMaster IMO, so you're right, Myfav would be shoe in by a landslide IMO!!! :)

McCarthyism***

Jun 5, 2020, 5:36 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,943
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic