Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is your favorite thing about Clemson in the summer?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

What is your favorite thing about Clemson in the summer?

Jun 19, 2018, 1:17 PM

Without the students in town between May and August, the area takes on a different kind of vibe. Traffic is lighter, restaurants are slower, and the campus is much quieter. Obviously without the students Clemson would be nothing like it is, but as a graduate who has stayed in the area I always enjoy late May, June and July (sans the heat!).

What is everyone’s favorite thing about Clemson during the summer? I enjoy grabbing a few drinks downtown and taking a walk around campus at dusk when it is deserted, great to reminisce!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The quietness and emptiness is indeed nice for a couple

Jun 19, 2018, 1:21 PM

of months

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

45 Minutes to Highlands and

Jun 19, 2018, 1:23 PM

temps that are 20 degrees cooler.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is your favorite thing about Clemson in the summer?

Jun 19, 2018, 1:34 PM

the anticipation of the upcoming football season,not just this year,but every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 19, 2018, 1:37 PM

This is true, once baseball season ends its a nice break and then a build back up to that first kick in August

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss Keith st pub

Jun 19, 2018, 1:39 PM

My name was immortalized on the wall there. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 2:11 PM

$4 car bombs at TTTs, $0.50 wings and $0.25 PBR drafts at Tony's pizza.

Or at least that was my favorite when I was a student and staying over the summer in walking distance to downtown

Jun 19, 2018, 3:15 PM

Car bombs are $5 now, still not a bad deal though.

Used to go to great off campus parties where I met tons

Jun 19, 2018, 2:18 PM

of people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I liked that it was so small that pretty much everyone there

Jun 19, 2018, 2:19 PM

went out and hung out with each other. Didn't matter what fraternity, sorority or other group you were in. There weren't enough people to only hang within your normal group. I got to meet and know a lot of good people I likely would not have met otherwise during the regular school year.

As a Newspring offering collector, its nice to have a break

Jun 19, 2018, 2:23 PM

from counting all the cash donations.

Sometimes we need a wheelbarrow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't been on campus during the summer in over a decade

Jun 19, 2018, 3:26 PM

Which is an egregious wrong that I must correct soon, but anyway.

My favorite thing to do is just to walk around and notice how quiet it is. It gives the university this feeling of...hibernation, almost. Like it's anticipating something great. I really do love it there in the summer.

Road Construction.***

Jun 19, 2018, 3:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

i was gonna say #######***

Jun 19, 2018, 4:02 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Hour on Hartwell!

Jun 19, 2018, 4:06 PM

It has been a few decades, but I grew up in Clemson and graduated from Clemson. One of the best things about the summer was taking the boat out on Lake Hartwell after the summer job during the week. Hardly any other boats around. If not stormy, it was like skiing on a sheet of glass. The cooler with some beverages (and ice from the Esso Club) helped a little.

Helped that the parents had a boat at the Seneca Marina. I did pay for gas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 5:23 PM

Best thing in summer is all the beautiful shade trees on campus. Hope they don't cut them down what with all the building improvements.

the apartment complex pools

Jun 19, 2018, 5:29 PM

For all the "sightseeing" and the drink specials downtown

Jun 19, 2018, 5:38 PM

The Clemson Forest.

40 or 50 years ago, it was

Jun 19, 2018, 7:08 PM

the Y Beach, co-eds, bikinis

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 40 or 50 years ago, it was

Jun 20, 2018, 12:32 AM

Ybeach and .... my time, seems like "not long ago".

Jun 19, 2018, 7:19 PM

A lot less traffic and cold beers on the lake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Post!! As I now am in the Brown State of Cali

Jun 19, 2018, 7:25 PM

I miss the lush green beauty of campus, Issaqueena Forest, etc.. Fireflies in August, thunderstorms, and the sense of a calm stillness. I miss that place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes, But

Jun 19, 2018, 7:29 PM

think of all the new homeless friends that you're meeting now in California.

That I'm Fortunate Enough to Reside In Clemson

Jun 19, 2018, 7:26 PM

Same applies to the other seasons of the year. I particularly enjoy walking downtown during Christmas break knowing that basketball season is in full swing and that Clemson is going to the CFB playoffs.

In the spring the women take off their winter clothes.

Jun 19, 2018, 8:54 PM

In the summer they wear even less.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 9:43 PM

I spent many summers there as an under grad and grad. Totally different vibe in the summer. Think lake, beer, heat, beer, short school sessions, beer, fewer people in the bars, beer. It really is nice. Very casual, as we used to say in the late 80s.

Jun 19, 2018, 9:43 PM

I spent many summers there as an under grad and grad. Totally different vibe in the summer. Think lake, beer, heat, beer, short school sessions, beer, fewer people in the bars, beer. It really is nice. Very casual, as we used to say in the late 80s.

Jun 19, 2018, 11:34 PM

Always enjoyed summers as a grad student. My young daughter and I would hit golf balls on the cg Field (anyone remember that?). Good meals at Capri’s. Picking up burgers and watching Tiger Band practice for football season. Good memories !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jun 20, 2018, 12:12 AM

Point ..... for posing an interesting question . .....

The relative quietness , living with the love of my life in the romantic prefabs , spending time on the lake , anticipation of a new football football season, and the birth of my first little Tiger . (1975 )

Jun 20, 2018, 7:46 AM

I've only heard of the romantic prefabs, never got to see them, they were over next to the Jervey offices / baseball field area right? Or were they up next to 93 north of where Calhoun Courts is now? I've heard both...

Jun 20, 2018, 8:11 AM

The prefabs were in a couple of locations. Hubby and I had the very first prefab on jersey lane right across from the P&A building in 1966. (I think the Brooks Center in that area now) They were building the new library in front of us. Yes, very romantic and so much fun. All the free football tickets and no need to find a parking space, we just strolled to the games from our tiny home.

less need of a leash for the pup

Jul 29, 2023, 10:39 AM

cuz less concern of traffic. Always worried about that squirrel/bird/chipmunk/pine cone across the road

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

reduced traffic is nice

Jun 20, 2018, 4:05 PM

but all the construction...dampens it a bit...

the one-lane/one-way Highway 93 is a pain in the ####

reduced crowd in Fike gym is also very pleasant

Jun 20, 2018, 4:10 PM

Nicks
Y Beach
Issaqueena

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic