Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well there are 2 testaments in that....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Well there are 2 testaments in that....

Oct 15, 2019, 2:47 PM

I must say that the number of folks beating on Dabo for how he handled a player that was not "performing up to the players ability", is a bit surprising to me.

I am thinking maybe you guys need to 'not forget", while Dabo is a pretty good role model compared to many of the coaches in power 5 football, he sure isn't perfect.

As a person that has played for several different types of coaches in my less than stellar non-career as an athlete, I know that a coach usually has a reason for doing what he is doing. This is true especially when the action he is taking is a bit out of character.

I would bet that there is more to this story than what we witnessed on Saturday. Dabo, isn't known to have a short fuse, but he certainly has a high temperature once lit. I doubt we will ever know the details behind just why he handed out some "old testament" coaching rather than the "new testament" lovey-dovey.

At any rate , i give him a pass on this one. Danny would have met him about halfway off the field at dragged to the bench by his face mask.

I like knowing that there is a fire that can get lit when it needs to be. I remember often thinking that was what was missing from Tommy Bowden.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This wan't the first time Dabo chewed-out a player...

Oct 15, 2019, 2:49 PM

during a game and it won't be the last.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not fair ... TB coined the phrase "We're done with kicking"***

Oct 15, 2019, 2:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not fair ... TB coined the phrase "We're done with kicking"***

Oct 15, 2019, 2:55 PM

clemchem® said:

My dad, who played for Howard, used to tell some stories. Maybe some of those another day. I remember him often during the Tommy Bowden era, muttering, "Everybody needs a preacher, and everybody needs a football coach...but they shouldn't be the same person". Dad lived long enough to get to see Dabo take the team to the first attempt a national championship.

I remember him telling me, that he was wrong when he said that the preacher and the coach couldn't be the same man, if that man was Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well there are 2 testaments in that....

Oct 15, 2019, 3:18 PM

In one of the first games Dabo coached, the kicker jogged off the field. Dabo sent him back out the midfield to RUN off.

If you're not going to give 110%...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic