Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

WLOS response for cutting the game

[4]
Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 2:18 PM

Date: November 29, 2020 at 1:58:59 PM
Subject: RE: [EXT] Clemson game

?Steve,

I can assure you that decision was NOT made by anyone in our newsroom. I completely understand why everyone is upset; frankly, I would be too. However, I and all my colleagues that receive the brunt of the anger had no part in that move. Initially, we thought it was a network decision. I have since heard from numerous people around the country that their local affiliates had the entire game. That is troubling to me, and I have passed it along to my boss.

I realize a lot of people think we're bozos and idiots and what have you...but, I am at least smart enough to understand the value of having the #3 team, which happens to be in our market, on our air.

I wish that I had the perfect answer, but my supervisor has assured me he will find out what happened and it will addressed if it was indeed a mistake made in this building.

I'm incredibly sorry this happened.

Chris Womack

-----Original Message--
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2020 8:35 PM
To: #Asheville-WLOS-Sports
Subject: [EXT] Clemson

Who the idiot that angered the Clemson fan base by not watching the end of the game..tiger net is blowing up about WLOS as an Amateur station.

Sent from my iPhone

Since Stan Pamfilis retired WLOS has gone to pot***

Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 3:09 PM

2021 orange level member

Re: Since Stan Pamfilis retired WLOS has gone to pot***

Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 5:17 PM

WLOS can't even get a decent signal over the air to the Greenville area without a paid provider. Greenville and the upstate needs their own ABC affiliate.

Re: Since Stan Pamfilis retired WLOS has gone to pot***

Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 10:53 PM

It's a Sinclair station, no surprise it's gone so far downhill. They'd rather air propaganda.

Re: WLOS response for cutting the game

emoji_events [7]
Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 3:14 PM

Kudos to Chris Womack for a professional reply to an email from a viewer.

The email he is responding to, however, certainly reinforces two of the basic rules (I was once given) regarding email. First, proof read what you write for clarity, grammar, etc. Second, if it is negative, condemning or derogatory, you may want to sleep on it - or at the least - wait an entire work day before you send it.

2021 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 4:01 PM

or be more specific there are probably a boat load of idiots there. narrowing it down would help the responder greatly

nullbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg

It would be more understandable if they cut and went straight to the local news

Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 5:02 PM

But they cut it for 5 minutes of commercials.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: It would be more understandable if they cut and went straight to the local news

[1]
Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 5:18 PM

It was more like 10 minutes of commercials plus a news preview of the 11pm news.

Re: It would be more understandable if they cut and went straight to the local news

Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 9:56 PM

I also contacted them on one of their social media platforms. Other Tiger fans commented and passed it around, so they are hearing it from others as well. They need to hear it loud and clear so it doesn't happen again.

2021 orange level member

Still a shorter time than the official’s reviews in our

Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 10:06 PM

game yesterday.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 10:44 PM

Not sure what happened with that here. We were in Memphis this weekend and watched the game with no interruptions.

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2021 Season Tickets for sale. The location is as followed: TD TDH R 17 TD TDH R 19 TD TDH R 21 The c...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
2953 people have read this post