Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor and DJ should, perhaps, be taken off social media.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Trevor and DJ should, perhaps, be taken off social media.

Aug 2, 2020, 8:39 PM

Regardless of their personal feelings, they risk alienating a large swath of current and future fans the way they are going.

They should address any concerns they have directly and personally to Coach Swinney, decide if they are going to honor their own scholarships or not, and then shut it! If Coach Swinney decides to fight that fight of the PAC12 players, let him. He is the Head Coach, and their comments risk undermining his position.

99.9% of people under 75yo will survive this virus if they get it. It isnt polio. It isn't ebola. Calm down, fellas. Dont let the fears of hypochondriacs, the Marxism of the millenials and the unhinged hatred of Democrat totalitarians for all that stands in the way of their march to cancel all things American and Trump cloud your minds of clarity and perspective. Relax.

Trevor and DJ have HUGE futures ahead of them. Recognize and rise above politics fellas, or you risk not being able to meet your full potential, and just becoming another couple of has beens. And that would be really sad for you fellas to experience, and for all of the Clemson world to see.

Rise above, and be above. All of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor and DJ should, perhaps, be taken off social media.

Aug 2, 2020, 8:48 PM

everybody has to comment on everything it seems.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2020, 8:57 PM

for some who comment, its just another post on TigerNet. For others, its the shine off a careers reputation.

For their sake...they need to shut it, and rise above it!

Perhaps reading what they did and did not agree with

Aug 3, 2020, 7:46 AM

...will help.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Perhaps reading what they did and did not agree with

Aug 3, 2020, 1:40 PM

Wow, whomever wrote that should become president...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. The problem is from the people that don’t get it

Aug 2, 2020, 8:49 PM

Trevor and DJ will succeed in life with or wo Clemson. Universities are making a ton of money off of college football.

Times were different 30 years ago before schools made much less from football.

The question is whether they achieve their full Brady and Jordanesque

Aug 2, 2020, 8:55 PM

potential. You dont do that by alienating fans!
You keep your mouth shut about anything not sports and led your reputation ride on your playing ability not be lowered in the eyes of 1/3 to 1/2 of tye country by your mouth.

They need to learn that now on the college stage before they get to the bigger stage of the NFL...assuming the Nazi SJWs dont tank that sport before they make it there!

Re: The question is whether they achieve their full Brady and Jordanesque

Aug 2, 2020, 9:16 PM

How in the heck are they alienating fans??

Somebody buckle the chin strap on my tin foil helmet

Aug 3, 2020, 6:06 AM

This is why I rarely poast here anymore

Aug 3, 2020, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: The question is whether they achieve their full Brady and Jordanesque ]

Nice slave owner mentality you have there. "You can only succeed if we let you succeed"

Aug 3, 2020, 3:16 AM [ in reply to The question is whether they achieve their full Brady and Jordanesque ]

If somebody is telling you to keep your mouth shut and mind your place then it is definitely time to speak up and take action.

Aug 3, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to The question is whether they achieve their full Brady and Jordanesque ]

They both should continue to speak exactly how they feel. I'm sure they're not worried about what fan is butthurt, these two will be very successful in life, I applaud both of them!

Aug 3, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to The question is whether they achieve their full Brady and Jordanesque ]

They aren't really alienating fans though. At least not in any large enough percentage for them to care. Besides, they should be able to say what they want and those that don't like it or don't want to support them because of their beliefs have every right to not do so.

I support the players because they play for Clemson, them sharing my exact beliefs isn’t a requirement or prerequisite. At the end of the day, I can disagree with them all day long and still support them.

Except your wrong of course

Aug 2, 2020, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Nope. The problem is from the people that don’t get it ]

If anyone goes to college with the expectation of becoming wealthier while obtaining said degree, then their ignorant on the purpose of college.

There is some kind of huge disconnect on the finances of 95% of most universities as opposed to the other 5% . Sure the Clemson's and Alabama's are turning a profit, however the majority have to fund the nonprofit sports with football money. If the Trevor Lawrence's are proposing eliminating the other nonprofit sports so they can make a profit in college, then just say that. However that wont go over well with the equality crowd

Re: Except your wrong of course

Aug 2, 2020, 9:03 PM

If anyone goes to college with the expectation of becoming wealthier while obtaining said degree, then their ignorant on the purpose of college.

That's true for the 1-3 star athletes. Someone coming in as the top rated QB in the nation does and should have different expectations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2020, 9:11 PM

Then make it to where u can get drafted out of high school. You cant have a team where the 4 and 5 stars are getting rich and the 1-3 stars aren't. Anyone whose ever been on a team knows that.

Unless, like I said above, your willing to absolve all non profit sports. Because they will fight for the womens swim team to make the same as Trevor Lawrence. And basically all universities will go broke trying to make that happen

Aug 2, 2020, 11:41 PM

Sheesh that was tough to read. People who can’t bother to learn our language should GTFO.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree..get off the telephone & think football!

Aug 2, 2020, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Except your wrong of course ]

Geez, takes only a slip of the finger & you are dead meat socially.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree..get off the telephone & think football!

Aug 2, 2020, 9:07 PM

Probably not a bad idea in normal times, but it won't work now with the number one ranked team in the nation THIS YEAR.

Failure to comprehend TS's point of discourse...

Aug 2, 2020, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Nope. The problem is from the people that don’t get it ]

or have any grasp of the thread starter's perspective reveals you as, a misinformed embecile; who most likely sports a Biden campaign sticker on your motor vehicle-

Get up, stand up, stand up for ya rights!***

Aug 2, 2020, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Nope. The problem is from the people that don’t get it ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get up, stand up, stand up for ya rights!***

Aug 3, 2020, 1:14 AM

In 144 characters or fewer

Aug 2, 2020, 9:09 PM

Where you been 93, needed you during the riots and decay of society to help combat the support for it all in here.

Work, family, work, family, work, family, work, family...

Aug 2, 2020, 9:15 PM

Been really busy. I have been on the mange some, mainly for the games, but have stayed away from kicking the Leftists in the Lunge.

Its good to see you here though. Glad to hear the truth of a conservative voice is still yelling out on TigerNet! :)

Aug 2, 2020, 9:15 PM

They are allowed to post on social media dude get over yourself. I would be playing ball and not worrying about the virus because I do not believe it is threatening to me but that is just how I feel. They can say how they feel. Stop being a snow flake bro. You dont have to agree with everything a person believes in to be a fan or pull for them.

If you actually think Trevor and DJ are helping themselves

Aug 2, 2020, 9:19 PM

By voicing their opinions on social media, then a. You are an idiot, b. You have zero knowledge of marketing and public appeal, and c. You dont truly give a dayum about either of those kids futures.

Re: If you actually think Trevor and DJ are helping themselves

Aug 2, 2020, 9:30 PM

It seems I care more about their future than you do. They didn't say anything that is degrading or hurtful. Get over yourself man. Grow up a little bit. People can have a voice and just because you dont agree with it doesn't mean their voice is wrong or that it is wrong for them to use it. I dont agree with them at all but I'm not going to trash them as you are.

Aug 2, 2020, 9:18 PM

Rise above it? Perhaps you should do the same.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. My career, reputation and money is not impacted

Aug 2, 2020, 9:24 PM

a bit by any of my posts on this site or any social media accounts I may or may not have.

Re: No. My career, reputation and money is not impacted

Aug 2, 2020, 9:31 PM

You realize they are still going to have fans and people that love and support them whether you do or not right?

Aug 2, 2020, 9:38 PM

That's so true. There are a lot of people who will always support a Trevor Lawrence. And that's whether he comes out as a born again lefty who hates America, or a Captain America that donates all earnings to Wonded Warriors.

A large portion of American sports fans just look at whether you wear the color of their favorite team and help them put W's in the win column.

Aug 2, 2020, 9:55 PM

Yes they certainly do. I do not believe that should be the case always but I also do not believe you should like it dislike a person because they are Democrats or Republicans, or because they believe in different things or have different point of views on things.

Aug 2, 2020, 9:52 PM

The mods should take you off of this board, you are alienating 1/3 of the members with your pearls of wisdom.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2020, 10:26 PM

This is the year that life as we know it changed forever and you cannot bury your head in the sand and think things will go back to the way they were before. The Me Too movement started the change last year or whenever it hit, then COVID, the ignorant killing of George Floyd that resulted in Black Lives Matter, destruction of statues, a total failure of a President and on and on. Just because a college student has a scholarship does not mean he or she does not have a mind and an opinion and the sooner people accept that the sooner we can start the new way of life that is here.

Oct 30, 2019, 12:52 PM

Valley Boy said:

This is the year that life as we know it changed forever and you cannot bury your head in the sand and think things will go back to the way they were before. The Me Too movement started the change last year or whenever it hit, then COVID, the ignorant killing of George Floyd that resulted in Black Lives Matter, destruction of statues, a total failure of a President and on and on. Just because a college student has a scholarship does not mean he or she does not have a mind and an opinion and the sooner people accept that the sooner we can start the new way of life that is here.

Black Lives Matter Organization didn’t start because of George Floyd. The Marxist Organization started in 2015 as a cover for the Great Lie “Hands Up Don’t Shoot”. Your Hero Barry Sotoero helped to perpetuate that and many other Lies!

Anyone who's alienated by Trevor & DJ's comments, has a

Aug 2, 2020, 11:21 PM

reading comprehension problem. They were agreeing with another guy, who was disagreeing with the boycotters! They were NOT agreeing with the boycotters! Read, people!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for looking out for Trevor and DJ. I’m sure they appreciate you!***

Aug 3, 2020, 12:05 AM

Yeah, they're grown men. Maybe

Aug 3, 2020, 8:40 AM

take your own advice and "shut it".

Advocating censorship is just what fascists do, I guess.

You should probably take a break from posting, you seem

Aug 3, 2020, 9:28 AM

tired. I get it, life is tough!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only alienated fans are the ones like you

Aug 3, 2020, 11:47 AM

who completely missed the point of what they were saying. You know, the kind of folks that can't be bothered to look beyond the surface.

Aug 3, 2020, 12:25 PM

Who cares about the fans, their teammates are behind them. Trevor, and now DJ have been phenomenal with all the social issues.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic