Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on NC State @ FSU ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Thoughts on NC State @ FSU ?

Sep 19, 2017, 9:58 PM

This is a very intriguing game to me. FSU returning to the field for the first time since before Labor Day and with a QB that's never played a down in college football. A suspect offensive line and running game that's a liability doesnt help.

And then there's NC State, who dominated South Carolina on the stat sheet, yet still somehow lost. Imo, they'll be heading down to Tally fully aware of their shortcomings, ready to cut it loose with nothing to lose. And that's where State is at their most dangerous.

What say ye?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

This is State's only chance for season redemption after

Sep 19, 2017, 10:18 PM

upchucking to SCar. Maybe it will be enough. But maybe Dave will screw the pooch with poor preparation and playcalling. I'm hoping FSU gets one in the W column.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope***

Sep 19, 2017, 10:30 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on NC State @ FSU ?

Sep 19, 2017, 10:32 PM

Noles by 10 . They aren't losing two in a row , especially to Doer Daven and the Wolfpack...who cannot defeat Sackerlina ?
No question FSU in this one .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 19, 2017, 10:56 PM

Street and Chubb were supposed to be some of the conferences' best DE's. A really poor showing of that against Scar and bentley. Nothing on the level of Clemson, but they can get after a young QB with a questionable OL. With a young starting QB, FSU may depend on a young RB core to score the points.

They have a stable of good backs****

Sep 19, 2017, 10:42 PM

But do they really? Talented, yes. But not Dalvin Cook

Sep 20, 2017, 12:50 AM

Young and running behind a bad OL. They need to prove FSU can lean on them for production

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

The DL was supposed to be a strength for NCSU...

Sep 19, 2017, 10:55 PM

but they couldn't generate any kind of pass rush against $CU and its weak offensive line which exposed an even weaker NC State secondary.

As problematic as the FSU OL is, they're still significantly better than $CU and so is their defensive backfield.

FSU wins by at least two TD's even with an undersized rookie QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Hope so. I would

Sep 20, 2017, 12:15 AM

like the Noles to win all of their remaining games before coming into the Valley.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope FSU puts together a good season and then

Sep 19, 2017, 11:46 PM

gets crushed by us. They still have a roster loaded with talent everywhere. A LOT of eyes will be watching this game to see how the QB does.

I wish nc st had beat the coots - but now I don't give a #### if they lay eggs. They are a team that has upset FSU before

null

FSU's D looked nasty in the one game it played, I imagine it

Sep 20, 2017, 2:27 AM

will do enough at home to get the job done

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 3:48 AM

FSU has to much talent especially on defense to lose this game, that being said NC State is gonna put pressure on the new qb and we'll find out real quick what they have behind center.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 4:49 AM

FSU still has a stout defense, and you can bet Fisher is going to have them pumped and ready to play. The O will lean on the D big time in this game. State still has no running game. State will dink and dunk only so long before FSU stops it. FSU misses Cook a lot more than they let on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 8:03 AM

How do you conclude this after one game against a top 3 team. The truth of the matter is nobody knows what the 2017 Noles look like. They don't even know what they look like. The next 2 weeks should give us more insight.

Its obvious they miss Cook, even after 1 game. The OL is bad

Sep 20, 2017, 9:24 AM

and they are leaning on less talented and less experienced RBs than Dalvin Cook. I understand it was Bama, but it's also Florida State. Only scoring 7 points and gaining 40 rushing yards is terrible

Best Is The Standard

Nah not really***

Sep 20, 2017, 6:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that's FSU's not undefeated,

Sep 20, 2017, 7:21 AM

I'll root for them to lose a handful of ACC games by the time they get to us. So I'll be rooting for NC State to pull an upset. I don't think they'll be able to, but I'll be hoping for it. It will help us in the division race.

Re: Now that's FSU's not undefeated,

Sep 20, 2017, 8:06 AM

Don't forget that NC State hasn't lost a conference game either. If they get by FSU, we could be playing in Raleigh for the division title. Personally I'd rather face FSU at home for the Atlantic ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is a good point***

Sep 20, 2017, 9:13 AM

Best Is The Standard

Honestly i don't see many positives for State at all

Sep 20, 2017, 8:15 AM

Their hyped DL struggled against USC, their secondary didn't look good at all, and the game is in Tally, not Raleigh where State typically plays out of their minds against Clemson and FSU.

On the other side, FSU's defense looked nasty against Bama, their running game will be good enough with Cam Akers, and Jimbo is a really good QB coach. He will have Blackman ready enough to make some plays against a bad Wolfpack secondary.

I think the Noles win by 2 or 3 scores.

Re: Honestly i don't see many positives for State at all

Sep 20, 2017, 9:46 AM

NC State is an over rated ESPN hyped team this year. When ESPN and their talking heads started talking up NC State people jumped on the band wagon. They could not beat the poop ice, flopping Lamecocks. FSU is lacking in the QB department loosing their starting QB but there is too much talent elsewhere on the team for NC State to compete.
FSU-21
NC State-17

it'll be an ugly game

Sep 20, 2017, 9:12 AM

24-21 FSU

Re: it'll be an ugly game

Sep 20, 2017, 9:26 AM

Personally the storm benefited the sem-i-holes (A little of Leonard's Losers lingo). It has given them time to regroup after loosing their starting qb. They probably have been able tailor their game plan more in line with the new bean pole qb skill set. Don't ever sell FS short. They have tremendous athletes it could be a game decided by who controls the line of scrimmage. I think FS comes out on top 27-17.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU will mop the floor with NCS blood.

Sep 20, 2017, 9:32 AM

FSU has talent rivaling Clemson, Bama or anyone else. Where's the film on FSU's QB? How does NCS prepare?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noles will destroy the wolfies

Sep 20, 2017, 12:24 PM

I'm thinking 2-3 TD spread.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

looks like some of us were right. Takeaways from States W?

Sep 23, 2017, 9:33 PM

Such a big game for State. And makes their game with Louisville in 2 weeks on Thurs night a big one

Best Is The Standard

FSU looked pretty bad. Their defense wasn't anywhere near as good as

Sep 23, 2017, 9:43 PM

it was against Bama. Offense moved the ball OK but really struggled finishing drives. They had 7 scoring opportunities and finished with 1 TD, 4 FGs, 1 missed FG, and 1 fumble. Woof!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic