Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This dude must think the presidency is a dictatorship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 750

This dude must think the presidency is a dictatorship

Nov 16, 2020, 5:35 AM

Can't wait until the crybaby gets out of office. Any republican voter that is proud of this man and his actions should be ashamed of how their parents raised them.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328200072987893762

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bigger they are the harder they fall

Nov 16, 2020, 6:32 AM

Trump apparently was YUGE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This dude must think the presidency is a dictatorship

Nov 16, 2020, 6:57 AM

Can’t wait til you stop crying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any tears coming from me are caused by maniacal laughter

Nov 16, 2020, 7:14 AM

but nice try

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 7:05 AM

Trump's America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oANkJnxAEpk

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't like how he's behaving, OTOH, our system is broken

Nov 16, 2020, 7:14 AM

and that is the only reason he was elected to begin with. Let's not forget that. Trump did not happen in a vacuum. Biden will not be the one to fix our system. Only the people can.

I don't like the violence in the streets. But as MLK said, riots are the language of the unheard - whether they are White Trump supporters or BLMers or Antifa snowflakes.

I don't like Trump's refusal to concede. But to those who feel he is the giant middle finger to the system that has screwed them, I understand where they are coming from.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree whole heartedly. The system has been broken for

Nov 16, 2020, 7:21 AM

quite awhile. The electoral college initially favored the north, then the 3/5 slave vote turned it to favor the south. When the 3/5 law was repealed, there should’ve been something done about the electoral college. That’s where I have the biggest issue. We vote for voters. Not a fan of the middle man, but getting rid of it will do nothing but cause a monopoly with the Democrats. Having said that, both parties could do a lot better at compromising for the greater good, which has been lacking for a long time.

Right. Our system is designed to be inefficient. BUT people

Nov 16, 2020, 7:28 AM

being people, the politicians and monied interests figured out how to make it benefit elected individuals. Biden is living proof of it. He is The Establishment. Decent guy, mind you, but The Establishment.

Yes, the EC is somewhat problematic. But the only way I see fixing the quality of the candidates is to 1) allow ranked choice voting - we will see how this goes now that some places are trying it; and, 2) genuine political finance reform (unlikely).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right. Our system is designed to be inefficient. BUT people

Nov 16, 2020, 7:32 AM

That will be interesting. I had to look it up.

https://www.fairvote.org/rcv#where_is_ranked_choice_voting_used

Re: Right. Our system is designed to be inefficient. BUT people

Nov 16, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Right. Our system is designed to be inefficient. BUT people ]

ATL,

I do not understand how rank choice voting solves the problem. Money will still control the politics and only candidates that will toe the oligarchy line will get enough money to mount a winning campaign.

What oligarchy? Don't they still make guillotines...?***

Nov 17, 2020, 9:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree whole heartedly. The system has been broken for

Nov 17, 2020, 10:04 PM [ in reply to I agree whole heartedly. The system has been broken for ]

Simple. Let’s remove all parties from any conversation. No longer are we classified as Democrats, libertarian or republican, but we are simply Americans voting for Americana’s that have the same love and passion for this great country! Someone who will look after all individuals best interest instead of lining his own pockets and protecting his friends pockets. Let’s do away with social classes and declare every man deserves the same rights as the next regardless of his bank account ( that is including middle class), and last but not least vote people into office who has earned the position based on merits and not how much he has spent campaigning,

FFS, I’d rather have a monarchy right now than what we had in place. At least then you couldn’t argue who shouldn’t be there because of bloodline!

Re: I don't like how he's behaving, OTOH, our system is broken

Nov 16, 2020, 7:25 AM [ in reply to I don't like how he's behaving, OTOH, our system is broken ]

I agree with most of your post. Well said. Anyway, how were the people screwed? They think Trump won and the election was rigged. Trump is helping to fuel that nonsense. How long until one of these people go on a rampage once Trump is out of office? The person who goes on a rampage will think he is being a patriot.

I mean the Middle Class/Working Class was screwed before

Nov 16, 2020, 7:31 AM

Trump. Trump just gave them a voice. Like Bernie did on the Left.

NAFTA, etc. is how those who are most disgruntled were screwed. Rising income disparity, college costs beyond what most can afford, being a healthcare crisis away from bankruptcy, etc. These issues have affected all people on the lower rungs of the income ladder.

Re: I mean the Middle Class/Working Class was screwed before

Nov 16, 2020, 10:03 AM

ATL,

I agree that both extremes are frustrated and that Trump capitalized on that frustration. But it seems to me that that zealously support a "billionaire" who never had any intention of ameliorating any of the problems that you listed, while the Dems at least recognized and want to try to address those issues.

Re: I mean the Middle Class/Working Class was screwed before

Nov 17, 2020, 9:53 PM

"while the Dems at least recognized and want to try to address those issues."

HAHAHAHAHA

by importing millions of $6/hr replacement workers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our election system isn't broken.***

Nov 16, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to I don't like how he's behaving, OTOH, our system is broken ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You are right, Cata...system is not broken

Nov 16, 2020, 11:06 AM

The means for campaign money is broken. I don’t know the answer, but there is too much influence by a handful of wealthy people/organizations.

Trump wasnt the problem, either. He started with good ideas/policies but due to his character and behavior, could not effectively govern....

Re: You are right, Cata...system is not broken

Nov 17, 2020, 9:53 PM

Yes, I agree. We live in a plutocracy. Citizens United was a devastating ruling.

Trump had a handful of good polices. Most were garbage or he had no intention of ever pursuing them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 17, 2020, 10:57 PM

trump never even got to the level of being a "bad president", he hasn't really even governed, he is a reality TV star that won an election by conning some very vulnerable sheep.

Replies: 19
| visibility 750
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic