Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: List of CFB players leaving early for NFL Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,360

TNET: List of CFB players leaving early for NFL Draft

Jan 21, 2018, 10:33 AM

List of CFB players leaving early for NFL Draft

The NFL released the list of college football players that declared early for the NFL draft since the deadline to apply for early draft eligibility was January Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most interesting to me on that list is FSU.

Jan 21, 2018, 10:43 AM

They lose 6 juniors (but not their QB). I'm feeling real good about returning to the ACC-CG next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the best defense ever, we will kick tails until we

Jan 21, 2018, 4:41 PM

Take home another National Championship AKA Natty!!

I can’t wait to see our offense grow, can’t wait to see our QB situation work out and watch our WR’s show out.
Tee Higgins an Amari Rogers are going to be so special an I believe our Offensive line will be the best We have ever had with ETN and Beast mode running down hill!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: TNET: List of CFB players leaving early for NFL Draft

Jan 21, 2018, 7:21 PM

I don't think that we will have a 1st rounder in the 2018 draft, and this will be the first time
without a 1st rounder in a while of the draft. But I would much rather see our junior 1st rounders playing at Clemson next season that I would seeing them play in the NFL!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2018, 7:38 PM

Several schools had at least 6 underclassmen in addition to Srs. That is going to be some disappointed young men in that group. One article I read today said it could be less than 30% of underclassmen are taken. Those are not very good odds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 21, 2018, 8:23 PM

Jean, just a few days ago I was reading the statistics of what percentage of College FB players that entered the NFL draft, and from all of them that declared for the NFL, ONLY 10% of them get drafted to play in the NFL, and only 8% of that 10% went on to have an NFL career. These kids need to understand that the risk is very high, and the best chance to improve that risk, is to stay in college and play for as long as they can to get every ounce of experience as they can get, and to never leave school without their degree regardless of what they are being told bc that degree is free to them as long as they are in school. I guess it's bc I see things as an adult bc, I don't understand these kids taking a risk that big with the rest of their lives. They should have to talk to parents that are paying that bill for their kids in college, and hear what a strain it puts in their lives to pay the cost of a college education, especially the cost of a Clemson education!!! That NFL risk will still be there after they have graduated. They do have a choice of taking out a very large insurance policy if they are injured before they take that huge risk of 10% of making it to the NFL....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2018, 8:26 PM

Agree 100% and I think the school pays the premium for that ins policy. I know they did for Deshaun so I would assume they will for these guys too. Especially anyone with possible 1st or 2nd round draft grades

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 21, 2018, 8:44 PM

But even then the key word being "possible" 1st or 2nd round. Something may come up 30 seconds before they are picked. In this day and time a jealous family member of another recruit could blow the knee caps off the guy that is about to be drafted as the first pick of the 1st round!!! It's all a risk until the contract has been signed....

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,360
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic