Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Galloway says Clemson offense needs to get back to basics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,901

TNET: Galloway says Clemson offense needs to get back to basics

Nov 20, 2020, 8:01 AM

Galloway says Clemson offense needs to get back to basics

The off week provided some much needed rest, rehabilitation and self-scouting for Clemson’s football team, especially Braden Galloway. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Galloway says Clemson offense needs to get back to basics

Nov 20, 2020, 9:38 AM

I would like to see us throw to him some. He hasnt been targeted so much lately

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All Starts Up Front! Whatever Basics You Want.

Nov 20, 2020, 11:31 AM

Personally, I hope we get back to running the football. DJ and Trevor do an excellent job as the numbers indicate of exploiting the loaded box. But, as it has been stated before, sometimes you have to be able to run the ball when they know you want to run the ball. It's not a size/strength thing. Navy can usually gash even a P5 defense for some yards(usually not enough). It has to be a technique/heart thing! Cut block if you have to - but we are leaving a bunch of Travis Etienne runs on the field! Everything is on the QB's arm - yeah loaded box but you have to be able to run still. I know Travis came back to work on pass catching and hopefully to compete for a National Championship - but I am sure he didn't imagine his career yards per carry would take such a hit.
Getting back to basics starts with making a crease for your all world RB and rb group. I have confidence we will do that.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All Starts Up Front! Whatever Basics You Want.

Nov 20, 2020, 11:41 AM

We won't win a national championship if we can't run the ball when we need to. May not need to average anything gaudy but this one or two yards per carry stuff has to get figured out.

In other words: "Hey Elliott---throw us TE's some passes"

Nov 20, 2020, 11:24 AM

Wasting a nice offensive weapon with our outside guys not living up to what we've been used to. The middle of the field is wide open & it might keep the LB's from keying on the ETN right, ETN left plays.

Re: In other words: "Hey Elliott---throw us TE's some passes"

Nov 20, 2020, 7:53 PM

Seemed like ND used their TEs in the middle quite a bit with crossing routes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Off-tackle, end around, outside runs

Nov 20, 2020, 7:16 PM

Where are they? All ETN and Clemson runs, no matter field position, seem to be called right up the middle ... are there any outside runs in the playbook where ETN can run in space where he’s most productive?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Galloway says Clemson offense needs to get back to basics

Nov 20, 2020, 8:58 PM

Really need to be less predictable and throw more on 1st down. O-line hasn’t played great this year. Hopefully the week off got them focused and ready to start dominating.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,901
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic