Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steele preparing for a two-headed monster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Oct 12, 2010, 7:46 PM

Danny O’Brien guided the Terrapins to wins over Florida International and Duke, but starter Jamarr Robinson is scheduled to return this week versus Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

blah blah blah.... JUST WIN***

Oct 12, 2010, 7:52 PM

Re: blah blah blah.... JUST WIN***

Oct 12, 2010, 7:55 PM

+1

Amen.

Oct 12, 2010, 7:59 PM [ in reply to blah blah blah.... JUST WIN*** ]

Time for the next game and time for a win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh snap, Steele is going to break both his hands!!

Oct 12, 2010, 7:55 PM

nm

How about this Kevin

Oct 12, 2010, 9:24 PM

1) You make the right calls
2) Your guys don't blow coverages
3) Your guys tackle
4) Your guys don't give the opponent 3 first downs late in the 4th quarter on one drive caused by stupid ####### penalties.

Seems simple enough to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Steele has as much trouble delivering

Oct 13, 2010, 7:11 AM

coherent thoughts to his players as he does in interviews with the press, there's no wonder they have so many busts.

Steele preparing? Now THAT's funny.***

Oct 12, 2010, 9:51 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Steele preparing for a two-headed monster

Oct 12, 2010, 9:57 PM

Maryland football is a lot of things BUT two headed monster is not one of them. Sheesh we could make the freemont pee wee cowboys out to be the new york giants. Its freaking Maryland....just win

Aaaggghhh! It's the Two-Headed Montster! Run for your lives!***

Oct 12, 2010, 10:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if the Gamecocks view Maryland as a monster?***

Oct 12, 2010, 11:37 PM

nm

We are a joke! Hahahahahah maryland a monster? H#$%@,%@$@$+

Oct 12, 2010, 11:54 PM

We suck

Re: Steele preparing for a two-headed monster

Oct 13, 2010, 6:42 AM

the coach is setting up for the failure of this team to stop a sorry Maryland team

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he thinks Maryland's offense is a monster I wonder what

Oct 13, 2010, 7:02 AM

Florida St's will be...

Re: If he thinks Maryland's offense is a monster I wonder what

Oct 13, 2010, 10:44 AM

That's part of the problem. Looking past THIS game. Right now the Maryland game is the biggest game of the season because it's the current one. And they SHOULD be the only team we are worried about at the moment. And we darn well better be prepared for anything (even a 2 headed monster). Go Tigers!!

wow you guys are harsh, you all sound like coots to me

Oct 13, 2010, 7:42 AM

why not support the team, let's try to get a win instead of sitting around with thumb up the rear, whining and complaining about every little tigernet news story.

Re: wow you guys are harsh, you all sound like coots to me

Oct 13, 2010, 8:51 AM

Support the team! You are really something! Maybe some fans way of supporting the team , is to vent. Have you ever heard the squeaky wheel gets the oil. By some miracle ad and coaches might hear the squeak and actually FIX IT! I and most "whiners" bleed orange. So get off your @#$%&* high horse Mr. self righteous fan.

I'm on a high horse? You're the one that thinks your opinion

Oct 13, 2010, 11:58 AM

is actually being listened to by the coaching staff!!! Do you think they really give a hoot what you, I and the rest of TNET think??? ha

I guess the more YOU whine, the more CLEMSON wins! Good point!! NOT

Re: wow you guys are harsh, you all sound like coots to me

Oct 13, 2010, 10:49 AM [ in reply to wow you guys are harsh, you all sound like coots to me ]

I'm agreeing with you here!!! Go Tigers!!!

Yeah! Accept Clemson's crappy coaching like a TRUE fan.

Oct 13, 2010, 12:08 PM [ in reply to wow you guys are harsh, you all sound like coots to me ]

Bend over and take it like a man!

Do NOT call for better coaching so that Clemson can be more successful in football. Only a coot would want Clemson to be better. Wait...

so what's your solution, fire everyone and start over?***

Oct 13, 2010, 12:12 PM

What's your solution? Support another decade of mediocrity?

Oct 13, 2010, 12:49 PM

I believe in accontability. If everybody shuts up and accepts mediocrity, like you, then we will get continued mediocrity. That's why Clemson was able to get away with hiring position coaches as HC and OC. Can you imagine the fan base of any self-respecting FBS football school letting the administration get away with that? Can you name another school that did that? Fans at other schools would have been up in arms and lynched the administration. But too many Clemson fans like you just shut up and put up with mediocrity. So that's what we get; mediocrity.

Did you support Tommy Bowden's decade of mediocrity too?

I wanted to see Clemson hire a top tier proven coach when they fired Bowden, like Peterson or Patterson. Last season, the poor coaching that Dabo and his weak staff did cost Clemson several games (GT, TCU, UMD, ACCCG) an ACC crown, and a Top 15 ranking, So I wanted Clemson to hire a top tier coach at the end of last season. Once again, this year, Dabo and his weak staff have already cost us games against Auburn, Miami, and UNC. (Running Ellington and Harper equally. Starting Ashe & Dye over Hopkins & McNeal. Poor game planning and play calling again.) So I still want Clemson to hire a proven, top tier head coach. Clemson is not a place for on-the-job tranining.

ha, yeah, you're right it's my fault that clemson is losing

Oct 13, 2010, 12:59 PM

###### I knew I shouldn't have accepted that mediocrity the other day. I didn't realize that it is all my fault that Clemson Football is 2 and 3. Thanks for helping me see the light! So how do I get rid of this "mediocrity" that I have "accepted?"

Bottom line, if it makes you feel better to whine, then do it, I don't really give a crap, but don't trick yourself into thinking that you have any say so whatsoever in Clemson coaching. Don't think for one minute that by whining on a message board that Clemson is going to win more games. Because it ain't gonna happen my friend. Just being honest. I personally think the players need to step it up and start making the plays to win the games.

You are fickle, just like a gamecock fan. At Auburn they wanted to lynch Spurlid for pulling Garcia in the fourth quarter, and now he is somehow a better coach than Saban because he won a game. You win, everyones happy, you lose everyone whines. I myself just choose to support the team and hope our players can go out there and win the game THIS week.

and by the way, what's with the Gary Patterson lovefest??

Oct 13, 2010, 1:01 PM

I never understood it...

Patterson out-coached & beat Dabo in Death Valley. TCU is #4

Oct 13, 2010, 1:51 PM

Patterson is well respected and successful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Patterson

Whose resume is stronger as a head coach, Dabo or Patterson?

Patterson out-lucked & beat Dabo in Death Valley.

Oct 13, 2010, 2:08 PM

2 of the flukiest TDs I have ever seen. GP certainly has a great career going for him but no coach coaches a 40 yard tip and a ball pinned between 2 players for touchdowns...

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Yeah, game after game after game. It's all luck. No skill.***

Oct 13, 2010, 3:09 PM

Well if you don't care then don't call people who do "coots"

Oct 13, 2010, 1:43 PM [ in reply to ha, yeah, you're right it's my fault that clemson is losing ]

Apparently, you didn't read what I wrote. I didn't blame you personally for Clemson's mediocrity. But if most Clemson fans act like you and support the crappy coaching while name-calling the fans who want better coaching, then the administration will surely feel less pressure to hire good coaches.

If every Clemson fan complained on the boards, wrote letters to Clemson, and threatened to withdraw financial support, the administration would have to make a change. But if every Clemson fan shuts up and accepts mediocrity, then the administration will surely do nothing.

I haven't changed my position on Dabo from the start. So it's ridiculous to call me fickle.

Again, what's your plan to make things better? Name calling people who opine that they want better? You say that you don't care if people complain, but you called people "coots" for complaining. Talk about fickle. Make up your mind.

Re: Well if you don't care then don't call people who do "coots"

Oct 13, 2010, 4:40 PM

Actually usuk did it when they hired Brad S.How ever that did not turn out to well for them either.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's your solution? Support another decade of mediocrity?

Oct 14, 2010, 1:01 PM [ in reply to What's your solution? Support another decade of mediocrity? ]

These are the same fans that told my sons to sit down at the beginning of the game and all the way through, If you want to sit and not stand @ Clemson then stay home ,stadiums were built for cheering your teams and showing your support, and yes Virginia ,NOT being happy with the situation at Clemson is anyones right, just like it is all of you pathetic self promoting , let's go to the game "pukes" that are drinking tea worried about offending Coaches who are paid well to do their jobs,which @ Clemson they are not acountable anymore, I stopped funding IPTAY just because of you people who just sit back and criticize those of us who want a better program on the field,IPTAY does not have the power they once had @ Clemson, but I would also invite you to tell me to sit down, I will be listening to game from Clemson jail!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw a 2-headed monster once!!!

Oct 13, 2010, 8:49 AM

About 3AM at a bar I left with a goodlooking female, and #### at 8:30 AM when I opened my eyes there was this less than stellar looking troll beside me!!! I thought I had died and went to hades!!! Fortunately she was a very sweet person although aesthetically(beauty) challenged!

It sounds like you're deeply shallow. :-)***

Oct 13, 2010, 11:58 AM

Try not to be to Shallow, but try not to reach the bottom...

Oct 13, 2010, 12:20 PM

of the barrell either. It seemed to be a OK night from what I remember, but I did learn a lesson. I found a wife real quick and never had to worry about who I was going home with ever again!!! But then again after 32 years, I might want.....................................
aw never mind, cheaper to keep her!!!!:)!!!

I had a few of those nights in college. Sigh. Fond memories!***

Oct 13, 2010, 12:26 PM

Clemson's defense rankings before and after Steele.

Oct 13, 2010, 12:13 PM

Steele.... 2010: Total D: #62. Scoring D: #47.
Steele.... 2009: Total D: #20. Scoring D: #25.
Koenning 2008: Total D: #18. Scoring D: #13.
Koenning 2007: Total D: #9.. Scoring D: #10.
Koenning 2006: Total D: #13. Scoring D: #16.
Koenning 2005: Total D: #20. Scoring D: #11.

Oh... and just to give you an idea of how Koenning is doing at Illinois...
Koenning 2010: Total D: #20. Scoring D: #21.
Koenning is already doing better at doormat Illinois-- having played Missouri, Ohio State, Penn State, & NIU!

Links to the NCAA stats are below.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2010&rpt=IA_teamscordef&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&div=IA&site=org

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&div=IA&site=org

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=IA&site=org

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2006&div=IA&site=org

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2005&div=IA&site=org

Hard to argue with that***

Oct 13, 2010, 1:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson's defense rankings before and after Steele.

Oct 13, 2010, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Clemson's defense rankings before and after Steele. ]

Steele has had a huge advantage of talent at Alabama and Clemson. Obviously Bama has talent and this is the most talented D we have had in a long time, and he still is doing a poor job coaching them!

Confirms my belief that he is not getting the job done***

Oct 13, 2010, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Clemson's defense rankings before and after Steele. ]

Alabama's defensive rankings before and after Steele:

Oct 13, 2010, 12:19 PM

Steele at Bama 2007: Total D: #31. Scorng D: #27.
Smart at Bama 2008: Total D: #3. Scoring D: #7.

how about following these two rules:

Oct 13, 2010, 8:12 PM

1) don't run trick plays
2) don't break rule #1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic