Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sounds like Dabo is going to play multiple QB's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Sounds like Dabo is going to play multiple QB's

Apr 19, 2018, 8:41 PM

From the Prowl & Growl in Charleston:

"I can't really see any situation right now where we only run one guy out there," Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said. "There's just too much talent. 

"It's like having Sammy Watkins, Nuk Hopkins and Mike Williams. You're just going to play one?"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good!***

Apr 19, 2018, 8:50 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

When KB2 comes in defenses will know it’s a long bomb coming***

Apr 20, 2018, 1:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, waaayyy loooonnng. Overthrown, 2nd down

Apr 20, 2018, 7:41 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Info like this is what

Apr 19, 2018, 8:52 PM

we need more of. I don't give a d@mn who "JohnBoy" thinks oughta play QB and why!!! Nor helmet colors! Too many questions on who should play. If you're asking me who should play, ME!! HA!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Could work

Apr 19, 2018, 9:01 PM

Could blow up in our faces! Forgive me for not being optomistic about a multi qb game plan week in and week out.

Consider, if you will, QB1 gets hot. Then is taken out for QB2 just as the rhythm is flowing. Drive stalls. Put QB1 back in, but the moment has grown cold. Now the offense is deflated.

Honestly sounds to me like Dabo knows full well that his QB1 ain't up to par with QB2-QB4 and wants to ease everyone into a new transition. Which isn't bad, but I think it'd be better to just rip the band aid off instead of slow pull.

Just my take. Carry on!

I think this strategy is largely to keep competition level up

Apr 19, 2018, 9:06 PM

Throughout the summer and into fall camp.

Though I do think KB certainly will have some packages if he ends up not starting.

My take is TL is a stone-cold mercenary and team player

Apr 19, 2018, 9:25 PM

who has thrown many times more balls at all-star camps and practice fields than the three years older KB has has thrown on his journey. TL does not play on emotion; he does not get overly excited or down; he plays with precision like a machine or calibrated instrument; he plays with instincts grounded in tens of thousands of practice reps. It's tough to beat out a machine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever..2018 is gonna be a Wild Ride!

Apr 19, 2018, 9:45 PM

Waiting in anticipation!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like Dabo is going to play multiple QB's

Apr 19, 2018, 9:50 PM

Well , he's played like 7 total since becoming the interim head coach. I suspect this is not a difficult decision for a guy like Dabo who has as many options as he currently does .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yep, he'll start KB in the Furman game...

Apr 19, 2018, 10:00 PM

then give everybody a shot at going out and being competitive. I don't see him running up the score on Furman but there's nothing he can do to keep the players from doing that.

He'll also start KB at AnM and probably do the same thing again. I could see this going on until he gets a good feel for how they do against FBS teams.

As far as having a dual quarterback situation you can forget that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 4:51 AM

This is a dumb idea when you have TL. Dabo can't make a decision. Not fair to the rest of the team.

Just start TL and be done with it.

Anyone who doesn't agree is a Coot.

Yeah Dabo doesn’t know how to coach(sarcasm). Here coot take your medicine.

Apr 20, 2018, 5:11 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it.

Apr 20, 2018, 7:12 AM

As the season settlee in we will realize who is the man.

That's what he did with running backs. Guarantees the best

Apr 20, 2018, 7:31 AM

gets to play.

Also guarantees the worst gets to play.

Re: That's what he did with running backs. Guarantees the best

Apr 20, 2018, 1:12 PM

I have all the confidence that Dabo will get it right. No need to stir the pot and get fans questioning his decision earlier than he has to. Let’s see who prepares more during the summer and proves to the coach that he can take us all the way. And I personally have never liked a dual qb package.

Apr 20, 2018, 1:24 PM

You can have 5 wideouts on the field at a time but only 1 QB...

Wut?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic