Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of us have become spoiled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Some of us have become spoiled

Sep 15, 2018, 3:08 PM

We have 595 yds offense today and a 31 pt lead. Enjoy this ride while it last. Ask Texas and USC fans....I bet they would trade a bad day with their 2006 teams instead of a good day with their 2018 squads. It took a long time to get where we are, but it can disappear quickly. Enjoy it! Let the coaches do their jobs. They see the issues too and have earned the right for us to believe that they will get it fixed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got to stay hungry.

Sep 15, 2018, 3:12 PM

Stuff to improve but lots of opportunity out there. Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of us have become spoiled

Sep 15, 2018, 3:22 PM

Some?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2018, 3:27 PM

This team is loaded and should be a well oiled machine.
UGA, Bama ,Ohio st would have this game in hand by mid way through the 2nd quarter.
Nobody is worried about losing these games or really any in the ACC.
Having a team like this with the D especially is an opportunity that can’t be wasted.
No way we could beat any of those 3 teams today.
This team is starting to look like last years and this is all on the Coaches.

Sep 15, 2018, 3:45 PM

Who made you the guru of football? Go pull for the ##### and leave us alone. You probably never got a grass stain on your butt or got a bell ringer. Go away and jump back on the wagon in December.

Guess you forgot about beating Troy 30-24

Sep 15, 2018, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Some of us have become spoiled ]

Losing to Pitt, or needing State to miss a FG the year we win it all. You are entirely myopic in your view of an entire season

Re: Guess you forgot about beating Troy 30-24

Sep 15, 2018, 3:54 PM

LMAO....

Just understand, there are two sides to the "spoiled"...and no, I wasn't on here complaining during the entire game. Just making a point here.

The other spoiled side? The ones like you who keep forgetting we do not at this point play a single top 25 team, nor have one on record. Now, could BC become one? Possible. Could Texas A&M? Possible, but a tall order seeing they play Bama, LSU, AU, and MS St. But thinking this year Clemson can take a loss and "still get in" with not having a strong SOS is also spoiled. We lose one, we are likely out. That's why people want to see improvements...are complaining about the play calling, player mistakes, etc. Those are things that against a team like BC, could lose the game...and possibly the ACC Atlantic the way BC is looking...that game could be what decides the Atlantic. And if Clemson's mistakes cost them in that game, we'll see who the spoiled ones really were...when some on here figure out we aren't going to the playoffs for the first time in 4 years after losing one.

"The one's like you"

Sep 15, 2018, 4:23 PM

You mean the one's who see a 41-7 win with almost 600 yards total offense in spite of three turnovers where basically everyone played. Sure, plenty to be upset about there.

The people complaining like you are now are watching the game half drunk in their recliner munching on a bag of pork rinds. So you'll excuse me if I take your opinion with a grade of slaw

Re: "The one's like you"

Sep 15, 2018, 4:43 PM

We'll see if you take it lightly if we lose one like we have the last 2 years. Maybe then you'll begin to realize the way we stayed up there to be in it was that we had the best SOS of all 4 teams all those years (plus KB injured in the one loss last year). That's exactly what the committee said every single time they did their new polls...won't have that SOS this year the way most the ACC is looking. So take it with a grade of slaw if you wish. What you should be doing is hoping they improve their play calling and mistakes before we get to the harder teams of the season....GSU and that 500 yards isn't one of those.

The key word you used is "if".

Sep 15, 2018, 4:49 PM

We are 3-0 and have not lost a game this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The key word you used is "if".

Sep 15, 2018, 4:53 PM

Got close last weekend, for what it's worth.

BTW, it's always an "if" until it happens...it was an "if" prior to last year's Syracuse game...then it became a reality. Thank the Lord for those 3-4 top 20 wins, and Kelly for getting injured, huh? You realize if Kelly hadn't been injured in the Syracuse game, we could have been left out then? See that same scenario this year, based on what you can see right now? Plain and simple....yes, we are 3-0...great. That doesn't mean everything was 100% perfection and things don't need fixing. We may be 3-0, but come tomorrow, we likely aren't #2.

Sep 15, 2018, 5:17 PM

Are you ever happy ??

Sep 15, 2018, 6:31 PM

Are you ever honest with yourself?

I'm happy for the win...doesn't mean being only a 14 point lead in the 3rd quarter with only 21 on the board vs a Sun Belt team is what a #2 team's offense should look like...or what will beat BC weeks down the line.

According to you, apparently none of them

Sep 15, 2018, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: "The one's like you" ]

will be hard. Forgive me if I don't get upset about a blow out win in which we completely dominated. Sorry, not going to agonize over every snap when no one, not a single person, knows how things will look in November.

Re: According to you, apparently none of them

Sep 15, 2018, 4:58 PM

? huh? You drunk?

Did I not say above that the way BC is looking, they could be a very hard game? I personally think they will be the hardest game of the season....and I've been saying that since pre-season.

Well if they're that good they'll be ranked. Good chance

Sep 15, 2018, 5:39 PM

Syracuse and State are as well. Duke maybe to. So why get your panties in a wad over it on September 15

Sep 15, 2018, 5:02 PM [ in reply to "The one's like you" ]

You said what I wanted to say, but was to scared. Here, here. I hate when we hate on each other, but #### man, he’s probably got pork rind crumbles in his hairy belly button and you are spot on.

Sep 15, 2018, 5:05 PM

Find where I've complained about this game once yet...you won't, nor will he. I'm speaking abut those that are saying we need improvements. Check my post history...please.

Re:

Sep 15, 2018, 5:23 PM

There’s no need to beg for more pork rinds.
Justo kidding. Don’t get mad.
Look, you said it yourself, you’ve been Negative Nancy since the beginning on our chances. Check this post history where you allude to the fact of your predictions- ‘and I've been saying that since pre-season.’ - All we are saying is nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom I’m nom....

Sorry, I was eating a pork rind.

Re:

Sep 15, 2018, 6:09 PM

No, I've clearly voiced concerns on Kelly's game play. And rightfully so, unless you can prove to me in the first two games, he hasn't had accuracy issues starting the game... Or that he started even this one phenomenally. Sorry if some of you hate I'm discussing the truth about his performance details, but I will continue to. Maybe you should just check yourself out of my posts... Until you can prove me wrong.

I've never been negative Nancy on our chances... I'm just being a realist on the reason why one loss was not a deal breaker the previous years, but would be this year. We would have to hope we get some ACC teams in the top 25.... Otherwise, we have to go undefeated and show we are one of the best teams. They are not playing like "one of the best teams" right now... Even Dabo says that.

Re: A:

Sep 15, 2018, 6:20 PM

Kelly took us to a tough win last week with poise from experience.

B: Lawrence did great today against a much less recruitment dominate team.

C: Next week: all the factors will again be rearranged.

D: you are not the expert. All the factors next week will tell a different outcome and story. You’re not the expert. If you would post accordingly, we might like you.

Re: Actually

Sep 15, 2018, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: ]

Dabo said we played a great game, but just didn’t finish.

I’m thinking you get that a lot.
Oopsy.

Sep 15, 2018, 6:27 PM

Guess you need to learn to read better:

"I was a little frustrated it took four plays to get in the end zone. I just wasn't really happy. So I put the other guys in,” Swinney said. “And they responded. Sometimes you gotta get people's attention and make sure they're hungry. When you're hungry, you don't leave chicken on bone, and we left too much chicken on the bone today."

I believe it says he thought it was good, not great. He also said we left too much chicken on the bone, i.e. there are things that could be improved.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-The-win-was-good-but-Tigers-left-too-much-chicken-on-the-bone-17223#ixzz5RDBzk7RA

Re: I bet you get that a lot too...

Sep 15, 2018, 6:36 PM

"I was a little frustrated it took four plays to get in the end zone. I just wasn't really happy. So I put the other guys in,”

Sep 15, 2018, 6:41 PM

Right, so guess he's saying things could be better... What a concept. Sounds like what we are saying. That doesn't read "it was a great win...rah rah rah... We are undefeated"... It reads "When you're hungry, you don't leave chicken on bone, and we left too much chicken on the bone today."

Far from calling it great. Maybe you should take it up with him that he isn't pumping things up, since you feel the need to guide others on not saying what he is.

Sep 15, 2018, 6:58 PM

*eyeroll*

Ok.

All I can say is I’m glad you didn’t seek a career in being a sports broadcaster. Especially for our Tigers. I can leave being glad you decided to be a Nancy instead.

Go Tigers. I appreciate the win you gave us today, and I hope KB and all the opponents have a speedy recovery. Lots of injuries for young men today. Only 1 week to mend and get back in.

Sep 15, 2018, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually ]

Nm, double post

Sep 15, 2018, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: "The one's like you" ]

And I'm telling you "sunshine" pumpers, just wait. We aren't looking invincible...that's fact. Can they get it there, yes...but not according to you. You think they don't need to improve...remember.

Sep 15, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to "The one's like you" ]

Correct me if I’m wrong, but “take it with a grade of slaw” is a TNet original is it not? I still giggle a bit when it’s used!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's far too simple to say that we lose once and we

Sep 15, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Guess you forgot about beating Troy 30-24 ]

are out. Way too many things are going to happen between now and then.

Re: Guess you forgot about beating Troy 30-24

Sep 15, 2018, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Guess you forgot about beating Troy 30-24 ]

And got a hugh break against Troy. We fumbled and the ref blew it dead

tiger fans who persevered thru both tommys

Sep 15, 2018, 3:36 PM

are likely not leading the outrage..just a guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: tiger fans who persevered thru both tommys

Sep 15, 2018, 3:41 PM

Got that right! Coaches are getting everyone experience, keeping them fresh & no injuries! We will be peaking in late season like in 2016!

Re: tiger fans who persevered thru both tommys

Sep 15, 2018, 4:28 PM [ in reply to tiger fans who persevered thru both tommys ]

I did and I’m certainly not. We are light years ahead of where we were under the Tommy’s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly jackorange! Good point! We have

Sep 15, 2018, 4:55 PM [ in reply to tiger fans who persevered thru both tommys ]

come a long way. We aren't perfect but we are winning and have a lot of talent. Offensively we will improve. Defensively we just need to work on pass defense. We might get better as the season continues!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic