Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So how’s the basketball turnout this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 827

So how’s the basketball turnout this year?

Feb 20, 2019, 4:00 PM

I’ve picked up signals it’s down this year. Is it season tickets holders? Student attendance? All of the above?

Are rivals from North Carolina attending Clemson games for easy tickets?

After graduating in 1984, I’ve attended one or two games a year until the past few years - some with my now 19 yr old son. ACC basketball was something special before one and done policy - and many of us have great memories of games and superstar players at Littlejohn.

I’ll always remember Cliff Ellis’ last game. Attendance was about 4000-5000, and Clemson fans pulled for Ellis and the team with class. I recall Ellis was give a coffee table that looked like a basketball court or something like that. Than he waved to the crowd and was gone.

Clemson fans, alums and boosters have a penchant for passion (and winning). Ford had a quiet menacing passion in his younger days. Swinney is the human embodiment of competitive passion. Barnes had toughness and passion. Clemson fans responded. If and when Brownell has his going away game at Littlejohn, I suggest Mr. Rad factor passion as a primary factor in selecting his new hire. Clemson fans will respond in kind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Larry Shyatt had passion too.

Feb 20, 2019, 10:29 PM

That didn't work out too well.

I get your point though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 1
| visibility 827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic