»
Topic: Since everyone wants change....
Replies: 14   Last Post: Jun 4, 2020 10:38 PM by: KeoweeIndians®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 14  

Since everyone wants change....

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 4:15 PM

"Slavery existed under the Confederate flag for four years. However, slavery existed under the current United States flag for 89 years".

So... lets change the current flag. May as well. Nevermind all the men and women who died under it fighting for freedom. Some people must be offended so lets change it. Leave no stone unturned! Come to think of it... how many city names can we change and university names can we change by association!

Hold up!!!! What about peoples last names passed down which may have been associated?? We need to change those too.

This poast is a Master Class in the sarcasm.

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 4:31 PM

!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: This poast is a Master Class in the sarcasm.

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 4:33 PM

Im 100000000% against any sort of racism but my point is we cant go around wiping out history. Its silly and would never end.

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 4:42 PM

sarcasm nothing. there is one whole side of our government (d-word) that is fitting tooth and nails to achieve just those things, and MORE. watch out, the day will come when EVERTHING ever accomplished by (w-word) people in history will be considered racist and will have to changed.

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 4:48 PM

I just wish to see a day when folks love and accept each other just the way they are, no matter what our differences. Color really is irrelevant. Its all about whats in the persons heart to me.

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 5:27 PM

Was MLK perfect? Since he was a human probably not. One thing he said that will probably stand out in my mind for as long as I live, and one thing I've tried to teach my own children; don't judge a person because of the color of his skin but what he carries in his heart. I think that was in his I have a dream speech. He also preached peace and not violence. Seems like that idea has been lost by people on both sides of the line, regardless of what they say. Something he also said that stuck, If we don't learn to live together in peace, we will die apart as fools. I hope this thread is in the politics forum.

military_donation.jpg

I think this MLK quote is a bit more timely........

[5]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 5:45 PM

“The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth."

2020 purple level member

If pigs are so smart, why do 66% of them use weak and inferior materials during construction?

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 6:12 PM

As I'm sure you know, that will never happen. Just as there will always be war.

2020 white level member

Re: Since everyone wants change....

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 5:09 PM

We still have slavery? The current United States 50 star flag has only been around since 1960.

military_donation.jpg

Can we burn down UVa and everything associated with TJ?***

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 5:49 PM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Yes, because erasing history fixes the future.***

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 6:13 PM

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 6:24 PM

The American flag is the flag of choice for the kkk too. Most people relate the confederate battle flag with them, but they mostly have used the American flag over the years.

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 8:22 PM

Does this mean that we're changing the MLK street in every city in AMERICA back to its original name? That would be much less confusing if you're a stranger in town looking for 8th street. You just passed 7th street and now you're on 9th street, so where is 8th street? Oh, it's that MLK street.

Re: Upgrades Wouldn't Hurt.. Thats All ---

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 8:51 PM

I remember a guy telling me when he and another older gentleman fought wars for this country and the flag .....but when the wars were over they was STILL not allowed in certain restaurants or able sit in certain seats.

Real comforting.

Re: Upgrades Wouldn't Hurt.. Thats All ---

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 10:38 PM

I fought wars for this country and flag and there are restaurants right now that I cannot get in.

military_donation.jpg

Replies: 14  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have CFP jackets and vests. fully authentic. text me 864-372-6518

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1245 people have read this post