Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ross is a great player
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,326

Ross is a great player

Jun 6, 2020, 7:24 AM

But the football writers don’t have a lot to write about right now. He is one of the top WRs in College Football. I can’t think of a top ten team that has higher rated recruits at the WR position that Joe N, Ladson, Amari, Powell and EJ. Ross will be missed, it it is not like we have not recruited the position at an elite level for years now. Throw in some TE and Rb passes and I think we will do all right. # 9 seemed to have the best receiving game in the Fiesta Bowl if I remember correctly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ross is a great player

Jun 6, 2020, 9:39 AM

Pundits have always put the loss of experience at a high premium , and they're not wrong for doing that .
In some positions and in most situations the loss of a highly skilled player hurts the team it's happened to .
You're right , we have a lot of highly skilled dudes returning who are capable of stepping up and filling the void , but aside from Amari ( returning starter ) they have all played sparingly or are just getting their feet wet .
We will see . I think Ngata and Ladson are plug-n-play stars in the making ...Powell is a guy that has shown flashes .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 6, 2020, 10:16 AM

Clemson is in the position that only a few college teams ever reach.

They don't rebuild, they reload.

It won't last forever. Enjoy it while it does. FSU had the longest run of this than any team in the history of the NCAA. 13 seasons in a row with 10 wins. 13 seasons in a row finishing in top 4. Note: Finished 2000 ranked 3rd. Lost to Oklahoma. AP dropped us to 5th. Winning 10 games during that period was much tougher. 11 game season and a bowl game. But, far more difficult was finishing in the top 4.

Bama has won 10 games 12 years in a row. But 4 of those, including last year, they finished out of the top 4.

Ohio State has an 8 year streak of 10 wins. But, only 5 of those are top 4.

Clemson has a 9 year streak of 10 wins. And more important than that, the last 5 have been top 4 years. (Ohio State is currently on a 2 year streak. No other team is more than 1.)

Don't take what you have now for granted. (It was common talk among many Nole fans in the mid nineties that if we didn't win the national championship it was a bad season.)

Clemson fans are richly blessed. Enjoy it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2020, 10:50 AM

If a big game were coming next week and Ross was suddenly out, the line might change ONE POINT.

The oddsmakers would recognize that the loss of Ross would just mean that others from a very talented roster would step up.

Ross wasn't the only arrow in the loaded quiver.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,326
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic