»
Topic: Recruit Update: Gurley wins award at Shrine Bowl
Replies: 8   Last Post: Dec 19, 2011 10:46 PM by: Smplman®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

Recruit Update: Gurley wins award at Shrine Bowl

[1]
Posted: Dec 18, 2011 9:23 AM

Gurley wins award at Shrine Bowl

Read Update »

2020 editor level member

Hope we can land this kid!***

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 11:25 AM

Re: Hope we can land this kid!***

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 11:36 AM

I would rather have Gurley over Davis. His size is a plus!!!

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Gurley > Marshall and Davis

[1]
Posted: Dec 18, 2011 11:42 AM

It's really not even close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Recruit Update: Gurley wins award at Shrine Bowl

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 12:09 PM

what I saw yesterday was impressive. If that was typical of him he is a stud. Hope we get him

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

how do we stand with him? what's our odds & who is the

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 12:49 PM

competition?

I can see now why some of

[1]
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 9:37 PM

the recruiting groups have him as 3 stars but espn has him as a high 4. I watched the film on him and he is huge. Small shifty RB's look more impressive on film to those who only focus on quick moves but this kid is elusive and runs N-S with allot of speed. Say what you want but I want this kid. Yes, CJ made his living breaking guys' legs and I loved having him but this is the kind of guy who will carrry the ball for 6 or 7 a shot with a break-away for a TD now and again but the real value is that at the end of the average game you look at his stats and he has a buck 50 and you didn't even notice. Plus, he just doesn't go down easy. Imagine having to scheme Morris' offense with this guy threatening to chew up a couple of hundred yards in a game while using tons of clock! If I had my choice of any RB in the country, I'll take Gurley.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: I can see now why some of

[1]
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 10:12 PM

Completely agree. It would be a great to get a back that can wear down the opponent's D and burn some clock in the second half. I also feel he'd be a great complement to Ellington.

True. It is an underated

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 10:46 PM

effect on a defense when simply subbing a RB causes a complete gameplan change. AE is a good back and has great vision with good speed but if you know what you are doing defensively, you can't defend us with EA in the backfield the same as you do with a guy like Gurley in due to his pure speed. You simply cannot let him get behind your safeties or it's over. If you allow AE to run off tackle for 5 yards at a time, it will be a long day so you must be edge sound while pushing in. Ineveitably, if you stop 23, you WILL be short in defending middle passes to TE and/or slants. Having this kid would be a nightmare for opponents due to basically having two gameplans.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Virginia
FOR SALE: Sec C - with parking pass - 2 tickets

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2128 people have read this post