Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP Charlie Rose
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,641

RIP Charlie Rose

Nov 20, 2017, 6:33 PM

Deaded by the harrassment disease

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lutz i thought they wanted me

Nov 20, 2017, 6:36 PM

“In my 45 years in journalism, I have prided myself on being an advocate for the careers of the women with whom I have worked,” Rose said in a statement to The Washington Post.

“Nevertheless, in the past few days, claims have been made about my behavior toward some former female colleagues. It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize for my inappropriate behavior. I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken.”

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone keeping a list? I've totally lost count.

Nov 20, 2017, 6:44 PM

I probably got a good 6 that I know of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even bill clinton got 4 new ones today***

Nov 20, 2017, 6:44 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rhetorical question......

Nov 20, 2017, 7:17 PM

What book has been perhaps the most popular among women in America in the past 5-10 years?

Without giving the answer, then ask yourself this....WHY?

Now there's a deep topic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rhetorical question......

Nov 20, 2017, 8:42 PM

Where are you going with this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could go a looong way.

Nov 21, 2017, 8:48 AM

Always follow the money for the truth.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Books-Womens-Literature-Fiction/zgbs/books/542654/ref=zg_bsnr_tab_t_bs

Pay special attention to the stark contrasts in what's popular.

Re: Could go a looong way.

Nov 21, 2017, 12:12 PM

So you're saying that because women like reading stories about sex that they deserve sexual harassment, assault, and rape?

If not, please clarify. How weak do you have to be to not be scared to articulate your beliefs?

I am woman......

Nov 20, 2017, 6:37 PM

Hear me extort!

There's a good career in extortion.

Nov 21, 2017, 9:13 AM

I knew a girl who bounced from job to job doing it in an attempt to retire before 40.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good riddance, he is a nasty curmudgeon liberal

Nov 20, 2017, 6:39 PM

Used to be a decent media guy, but grew in arrogance and pomposity over the years...

Lulz @ the Left eating their own.***

Nov 20, 2017, 7:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a telling comment.

Nov 21, 2017, 9:01 AM

In order for the left to "eat their own," they need to put facts and values above political affiliation.

We don't care that Weinstein is a liberal. He's an a-hole. He's out.

We don't care that Charlie Rose is a liberal.* He's an a-hole. He's out.

This is what the left, and the right, SHOULD BE DOING. Put facts and values above politics!

* I'm assuming Charlie Rose is a liberal only because ATL PAW MAN's post implied that he was.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I think it's very telling when people's reaction to

Nov 21, 2017, 9:07 AM

allegations of assault are to talk about political parties/ideologies.

Agreed. That was my first thought.

Nov 21, 2017, 9:08 AM

My second thought was, hang on, even if we do make the conversation about politics, it's no insult to accuse political allies of "eating their own."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

but but but Bill Clinton***

Nov 21, 2017, 9:14 AM [ in reply to This is a telling comment. ]

Many of his supporters are hypocrites.***

Nov 21, 2017, 11:29 AM

- Jonathan Swift

Re: RIP Charlie Rose

Nov 20, 2017, 8:48 PM

Oh God , none of us are safe .

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,641
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic