Topic: Question
Replies: 5   Last Post: Aug 9, 2020 1:10 AM by: leftie
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Question

[1]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 8:53 PM

Do you all think the Power 5 made a mistake in going conference only? I think with hindsight it was a mistake. I think most of FCS leagues/ MAC would not have postponed if they were getting their pay checks. I think with alL the politics of this etc there is strength in numbers .... even if it includes FCS teams. I think the whole we don’t want to play them was just P5 trying to get out of paycheck games since with no fans not worth having those games

Thoughts ?

It definitely made a lot of those teams' season worth less.***

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 9:03 PM

Re: for sure

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 9:08 PM

My son plays for Furman and knowing a lot about that program ..... losing the 500,000 paycheck from Tennessee game hurts bad.

Re: for sure

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 9:08 PM

My son plays for Furman and knowing a lot about that program ..... losing the 500,000 paycheck from Tennessee game hurts bad.

Re: Question

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 10:14 PM

Money talks.

Re: Question

Posted: Aug 9, 2020 1:10 AM

It's hard to know what to think.
However,one solution might be a 10 game season with 1 game being OOC.
Currently the ACC is doing 10-1,so why not drop 1 Conference game and have all of the Power-5
Conferences schedule 1 ooc opponent.
Each school therefore loses only the amount of money promised to that 1 ooc school.and not two or 3.

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Virginia
FOR SALE: Two lower level tickets in South stands Section J, Row L and a reserved parking space in Lot 6. Seat...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
574 people have read this post