Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitching
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,931

Pitching

Jun 6, 2017, 9:18 AM

If everyone is healthy, how about Griffith, Eubanks, Crawford, and Higginbottham as a starting rotation next season?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitching

Jun 6, 2017, 9:24 AM

Would love to see Crawford as a closer. If Mitchell Miller finds control he's got Friday night stuff. Low to mid 90s FB and a power slider from the left hand side could be dangerous. Eubanks on Saturday to change the look. Then back to Higginbotham Sunday with another power lefty arm. Still not 100% sold that we lose Barnes yet. Staying wont hurt him. Only help. More experience and refinement. More tape for scouts

Jun 6, 2017, 10:38 AM

Barnes and Eubanks are both like top 150 prospects and should be drafted fairly high. I feel like it's probably at least like a 60-40 chance they go pro, but I have no clue, I don't know them personally and you just never know with the MLB Draft. We all expected Krall to be drafted higher and go pro after last season and Reed Rohlman wasn't even drafted at all last season. The draft is weird.

Jun 6, 2017, 1:15 PM

Eubanks may be the only starter to return but will most likely try his luck. Barnes and Williams will probably go in the 3-5 rounds. Not sure about Pinder and Rohlmon rounds 5 and on possibly. Have a feeling Byrd may also try his chances if given the opportunity. As a junior you have the bargaining tool. If you come back as a senior you have no power to bargain. They will give you what they want. Very few juniors come back if they are serious and capable about playing professionally. Also, the risk of injury comes in to play if these players come back for senior year. If you notice, very few players come back for their senior year as evidenced by the award that Krall is up for if they have the ability to play on the next level. After watching this weekend, Owen surely seems to have blossomed at the end of season- certainly has the stuff to be a starter. Was glad to see Crawford out on the mound. Mitchell Miller has potential if he can learn to through strikes. The Spiers boy did a great job in relief in several games late in the season- provides a different arm slot from the right side. Next season will have a learning curve like last year as many of these players do not have the experience of being a starter, especially a weekend starter. Hopefully, the boys will get some innings this summer that will be challenging while also allow them to develop.

Jun 6, 2017, 5:33 PM

Believe Barnes is gone but would serve Eubanks well to return. He would still have negotiating power next year as a redshirt junior. Williams' draft stock will be hurt because of shoulder injury,probably a lot more than most think.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,931
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic