Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Performance at Carnegie Hall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Performance at Carnegie Hall

May 24, 2020, 2:44 PM

A friend sent me an email the other day about Buddy Green's performance at Carnegie Hall. I didn't even know who Buddy Green was but it turns out he is one heck of a harmonica player. He brought down the house with his rendition of the William Tell Overture, better known as the theme song of the Lone Ranger Show. If you are interested, just Google Buddy Breen and listen to that guy play. Anyway, that reminded me of other performances at Carnegie Hall. I'm sure I have posted this story on this site in another version at sometime in the past.

*************************************************************************************************
The 3125th Signal Service Company had arrived at Camp Shanks, NY, on our way to the European Theater of Operations (ETO) during WW2. We were given an all day pass to New York City to see the sights. Lee Munnich, Bob Neish, Steve Kozak and I were together for the day and had seen most of the sights. Lee, from Minneapolis, was about 10 years older than the rest of us, was married and had one child. Later in the day, Lee informed us he was looking for a store that might have the item he was seeking. He would not tell us what he was seeking so we were in the dark. As we were walking along (we had been walking all day) he spied a store and said they may have the item he wanted.

We entered the store and Lee kept looking. Finally he saw what he was seeking, a collection of harmonicas. This was a surprise to us because we were aware Lee was not musically inclined and could not carry a tune if his life depended on it. The harmonica he purchased was probably the cheapest he could find. We left the store and he asked us to follow him. We had no idea where we were going. After a short walk, we arrived at Carnegie Hall, The doors were closed but Lee said he had always wanted to tell people he had performed at Carnegie Hall. Lee handed his camera to one of us and asked to take a picture as he performed at the entrance to Carnegie Hall. The noise he was making with that harmonica was horrible and the crowd of people in the area were enjoying a good laugh. The other three of us decided we would like to say we had performed at Carnegie Hall. Ws asked a gentleman if he would take a picture of us performing so we handed him the camera. By this time we had a rather large audience to watch our performance. All four of us stood near the entrance. Someone suggested we should actually be doing something so we decided to sing a song. We had to select a song everyone knew so we selected "Jingle Bells". Our singing was just about as bad as Lee's harmonica playing, After our performance we did get a big hand from our audience.

*********************************************************************************************

Lee's son, Lee, Jr., came to see me several years ago. I told him this story and asked him to search his Dad's old photos to see if he could find photos of our Carnegie Hall performances. We had never seen the photos and at my last comtact with Lee, Jr.. he had not found the photos.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s an old saying but fits this post

May 24, 2020, 4:32 PM

How do you get to Carnegie hall. Practice man practice

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic