Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last night in a key swing state....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 646

Last night in a key swing state....

Oct 27, 2020, 8:55 AM

The black lives matter movement and Biden voters are now looting, burning and destroying the area where a man was shot by police after he charged them with a knife

12 police officers were injured. Yikes.

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/1320953991170125826?s=21

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last night in a key swing state....

Oct 27, 2020, 9:02 AM

strange that clemson would support that group in any way

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 1:04 PM

They will be some who are going to say no CU does not support it, but all you have to do is see the messages on the video boards at the games and there is the one that starts with the girl speaking and mentioning George Floyds murder, then it shows clips from the march back in June showing the BLM banner with players standing under it, the signs with I can't breathe, What's her name, etc... being shown in the messages.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

30 injured officers now.***

Oct 27, 2020, 9:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many social workers were injured?

Oct 27, 2020, 9:22 AM

In all seriousness, what a joke. 30 cops injured because a guy charged cops with a knife and was shot. There is absolutely no justification or rationalizing this. None.

null

Oct 27, 2020, 10:14 AM

I was talking to my buddy who is NYPD, and is also familiar with my fities police dept as this is where he grew up.

He said that he would guess that 90% of NYPD was going to vote for trump. The only cops he has heard that aren’t voting Trump are just not voting at all.

Must suck to be on the other side of the political spectrum as cops!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 1:35 PM

Well, the cops at the very least have a massive public-perception problem...and by and large collectively refuse to own any part of it or admit in any way there is a need for change, and are digging in their heels.

So yes, it's not surprising they're voting heavily for Trump, who also has a massive public-perception problem and refuses to own any part of it.

It's not going to change the reality that cops ultimately serve the public and can be fired by it if the public doesn't trust them anymore. That starts with transparency and accountability...which nobody likes when it's forced on them, but it's also a requirement if this gaping public-trust issue is going to get fixed.

And we really need for it to get fixed. We can't have the cops and public at loggerheads like this for much longer. But circling the wagons and refusing to change or accept that accountability isn't going to serve the cops, not in the long run.

Oct 27, 2020, 9:26 PM

Prob dumbest post you’ve had in a while.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 10:47 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 646
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic