Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many years before the coots stand a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

How many years before the coots stand a

Jul 9, 2016, 5:28 PM

chance against us in football ?

I say NEVER

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2016, 5:50 PM

hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many years before the coots stand a

Jul 9, 2016, 7:09 PM

If Dabo sticks around i see kicking their chicken azzes for 7 straight easily.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll never say 'never'...they use to say that

Jul 9, 2016, 7:18 PM

during their streak. "We'll never lose to
Clemson again," they would say. I thought they were arrogant ### hats who had no clue.

I'm sure at some point they'll get better and Clemson will take a few steps backward. I don't think that'll be soon though. I don't expect them to do much with their staff and Bust at the helm.

Re: I'll never say 'never'...they use to say that

Jul 9, 2016, 9:02 PM

There isn't that many Steve Spurriers out there willing to risk everything they have earned in their coaching career and ruin it in a few years with the coots!!!! Spurrier took that risk and lost!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2016, 7:28 PM

They act like they've evened the scales but I don't remember a time that the two programs were as far apart as they are now....

We'll at least get to 5 in a row and they'll most likely be starting over with a new coach by then so I don't think 7 or 8 is out of the question....maybe even more.

Jul 9, 2016, 8:02 PM

For those of you that remember it, I would like to get to pre-Hatfield Virginia like numbers against them. I'm not sure I recall correcrly, but wasn't it 29-0, then that darn tie, with them winning next? To roll the cooties for Twenty some games would do nicely.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2016, 9:02 PM

They think next year after Watson leaves. For some reason, they must think we quit recruiting QB's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2016, 10:52 PM

The worst QB we have, is most likely better than the best they have. And I'm assuming that with knowing the name of a single QB they may have. And I also say this bc I can't imagine a high profile QB committing to a 5 alarm dumpster fire that program become. IMHO, I can't say that the small amount of success that Spurrier had there, was worth the shape that he left it in. Loose nuts/bolts left the coots program in much better shape than Stevie Spurrier the Legend, left them in!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coots true standing showed this year...

Jul 9, 2016, 9:16 PM

as they continue to brag about only losing to us by 5

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2016, 9:31 PM

We will beat them for 4 more years in a row for sure.

Jul 9, 2016, 9:44 PM

I'm pretty sure that USUC will fire Muschump, possibly mid-season, and hire Art Briles. They have already sold their souls for Stevie Quitter, so I'm not sure what they have to trade for success again.

Jul 9, 2016, 10:00 PM

If "Boom" goes bust with a two or three win season he likely gets one more to improve or he is gone as Tanner tries to save his own job! Either way Muscrap likely loses back to back to back contests to us. I do not see a chicken win for at least four more seasons unless we have significant injuries or other unexpected issues.

Based upon recruits, coaching and history the series seems to be back in our favor for the next three plus seasons at least. Dabo should get our five in a row and maybe tie the all-time seven win streak which Clemson holds.

Go Tigers!'

They think 2017 after Watson leaves for the NFL...

Jul 9, 2016, 10:00 PM

Poor ignorant bastages have their heads stuck too far up their a$$es to realize that Dabo has recruited really well as the QB position too so there isn't likely to be a significant drop-off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yup, that is the Magic Elixir the coots are hanging their...

Jul 10, 2016, 8:30 PM

...tiny little hats on. That or PBR, or both.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jul 10, 2016, 7:20 PM

Given how things can quickly change in CFB it's hard to say. Assuming we keep our coaching staff intact (especially Venables) I say we could realistically win at least 3-4 more in a row. 2017 is a concern given Watson's likely departure, but we've got at least 2 good prospects coming in and I think our recruiting depth at all positions will make us less reliant on a superstar QB to win games. If Muschamp doesn't go at least 6-6 this year and bring some positive energy into the coot program I don't see major recruits signing with them in February and the talent gap will continue to widen.

Jul 10, 2016, 7:31 PM

I think that we look very good at least until 2021. The gamecock fans need to live on the 2009-13 victories for some solace.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic