Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many positions do we have an advantage Saturday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

How many positions do we have an advantage Saturday?

Nov 21, 2017, 10:15 PM

Haven't seen much of Scar but would it be safe to say 22/24 (include K and P) positions we have an advantage? Would anyone start for us?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Skai Moore is a player....

Nov 21, 2017, 10:17 PM

Not sure he would start at Clemson with DO, TL & KJ, but he'd play a lot probably.

Re: Skai Moore is a player....

Nov 21, 2017, 10:20 PM

He’d be a starter on Clemson D at SS. Too small for LB in Venables D or NFL for that matter. Heckuva ball hawk though.

Re: Skai Moore is a player....

Nov 21, 2017, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Skai Moore is a player.... ]

Yea he is. I like using this metric to handicap games. Anything over 20/24 should be a 10 point spread at least

I agree, but rather than position by position, I like to

Nov 21, 2017, 10:27 PM

look at units. And looking at those, I think it's pretty straight forward that Clemson wins every grouping (OL, QB, RB, WR, DL, LB, DB) except maybe TE.

Re: I agree, but rather than position by position, I like to

Nov 21, 2017, 11:05 PM

Agreed. By position groupings I think Clemson’s better all over the field even at the two-deep. Most of the 2nd team on Clemson’s roster are better than SCar starters

Hurst would play TE for us

Nov 21, 2017, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Skai Moore is a player.... ]

probably our weakest offensive skill position, but he'll be playing on Sunday. O. Smith or B. Edwards may be in our rotation at WR, but I see them more used how Trevion is used, which is situational

Clemson

Re: How many positions do we have an advantage Saturday?

Nov 21, 2017, 10:22 PM

Brian Edwards , Hayden Hurst and Skai Moore are all really good players and will most likely all be drafted .
Moore will probably have to transition to safety , but Hurst and Edwards are good recievers .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

All but actress.

Nov 21, 2017, 10:25 PM

They excel at that.

Nov 21, 2017, 10:27 PM

TE, WR, LB, and S are the only ones even close IMo. We are more deep at all of the. SC has experienced starters at safety. Brunson and Moore are dang good LBs. Hurst is a solid TE. Edwards and the two Smiths are really good WRs. I would say we have the edge in all though. I will take Smith and Wallace over their safetys. Our WRs are more experienced and we go way deeper. We have 2 of the best LBs in the country. Hurst is good but we go 3 solid deep at TE and Richard is really good imo.

on the football field ? ... or in the parking lot ??***

Nov 21, 2017, 10:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: on the football field ? ... or in the parking lot ??***

Nov 21, 2017, 10:34 PM

Was waiting for the missionary response. +1 for you

Nov 21, 2017, 10:39 PM

Wonnum is a very good player, but really plays very differently than Ferrell or Bryant at DE. He is much more like a linebacker and is very fast and agile. I would not take him over either of our guys, but he is one of their best on defense. They use Hurst differently than we use our TEs, so it is a little hard to compare. I'm just not in love with his skill. We just don't need to go to our TEs like they do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 11:13 PM

Yeah they got a pretty good defense. Zach on the ol would start for us. I’d rate their kicker a little better than ours because of more tries. Decent punter too. Done pretty good playing field position this year.

I’d rate the qbs as a draw. Different styles but about same skill level. Don’t be surprised at all they don’t pull out Connor Shaw’s last year gameplan... and run Bentley a lot. He’s sneaky fast.

Probably play cover 2 and try to keep everything in front and stiffen up in redzone. Said probably the same defense as bc and NC State.

Look for a lot of screens and quick slants to hurst. That new rb in backfield looks pretty darn good too. Nod I think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2017, 5:56 AM

You're giving them way too much credit. Our DL will control the line of scrimmage and pressure Bent boy to no end. There are 11 games worth of film for the staff and players to watch, and they are good at developing game plans. The coots don't rank in the bottom of the offense categories because they've been holding back waiting for this game. Clemson's defense is going to get after it. I believe the offense benefited from the Citadel game last week, lots of targets out there, KB's job is to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers, then let them do their thing. He doesn't have to try and do it all by himself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2017, 6:35 AM [ in reply to Re: How many positions do we have an advantage Saturday? ]

B/C’s D is better. That DE for B/C (Jackson?) will be a 1st round draft pick. A tough group to run against.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2017, 6:49 AM

Landry.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic