»
Topic: Help Sharone!
Replies: 7   Last Post: Feb 19, 2020 3:22 PM by: Tobias27772
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Help Sharone!

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 6:10 PM

Clemson Nation: Clemson great Sharone Wright needs our help - Clemson Basketball News | TigerNet | TigerNet
https://www.tigernet.com/story/Clemson-Nation-Clemson-great-Sharone-Wright-needs-our-help-18595

I copy & pasted my post from another thread

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 6:36 PM

but i just wanted to make sure everyone saw my request for help. Sharon could use it.

Sharone Wright is a great guy. He and I were freshmen together and we had a couple of classes together. We even formed a study group with Ashley Shepherd (LB) and a couple of other FB players to get through a rigorous Economics class. He was a stud and a regular guy. He took his classes pretty seriously, too.

Man, he was beautiful to watch on the court. Huge soft hands - could catch any pass thrown into him and go immediately into his move. He could shoot the mid-range jumper or back you up to the basket and go right around you - silky smooth and deceptively strong. He averaged a double double for his three years here.

Those were great teams when Cliff Ellis was bringing excellent big men in and then sending them on to the NBA - Horace Grant, Eldon Campbell, Dale Davis, and finally Sharone. That was a fun time to watch Clemson basketball.

He had the biggest, softest hands I ever saw. A couple of years after he graduated, my brother and I were in the upper level for a Clemson Basketball game. I looked over and saw Sharone just sitting there in the cheap seats like a regular fan - with his legs jacked up to his eyes. I went over to say hello and if was like the years had been days. We talked for a while and he asked me who I came to the game with. I sort of waved over at my brother. He got up and walked over and I introduced him to my brother. When my brother shook his hand it disappeared halfway up his forearm. We chatted for a few more minutes and then he went back to watching the game. My brother held out his arm with his mouth open and just stared at me.

Sharone was a great Clemson athlete and an even better guy. He's had to deal with a lot and I'm sure he doesn't make much money coaching prep school ball. I hope some of y'all will find it in your hearts to help him out. I feel sure he deserves it.

Re: I copy & pasted my post from another thread

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 8:35 PM

Done.

Re: Help Sharone!

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 7:13 PM

Time for TNetters to step up and help one of our own.

2020 white level member

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 7:47 PM

done

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 8:23 PM

Will do. One of the Tiger greats.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 8:38 PM

People have donated over 6k dollars since 5pm .
Great showing by the Tiger family !

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23

Yeah !! And keep it up !!***

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 3:22 PM

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 6 LOWER LEVEL North Season Tickets. Sec S, row K. Near the start of Sec R. $985ea. Located in Greenv...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1024 people have read this post