Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate PSU and Harbaugh led Michigan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,949

Hate PSU and Harbaugh led Michigan

Oct 21, 2017, 10:57 AM

Is there a way both can lose tonight?

Even though Harbaugh and his antics have gotten well beyond lame and irritating I think I may still have to pull for Michigan tonight. Any university that attempts to coverup what Penn St did doesnt deserve to win another game IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than the past and those kids, PSU doesn't...

Oct 21, 2017, 11:00 AM

seem like an unlikable team now.

Re: Other than the past and those kids, PSU doesn't...

Oct 21, 2017, 11:03 AM

Yeah, I don't disagree with that. BUT that past is REALLY hard to look past. Well, that and Franklin seems dirty. Don't know why I get that vibe about him but something doesn't seem right about him.

Yeah I haven't got a feel if Franklin is shady or not.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:14 AM

As far as the past, it seems those monsters who were responsible are paying their dues, although I haven't followed that closely or I forget. I do agree with you in a way though. I realize that Penn State has cleaned house, but it would be odd watching them celebrate if they won it all again. It wouldn't be a feel good story.

Re: Yeah I haven't got a feel if Franklin is shady or not.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:38 AM

What happened at Penn State, years ago was atrocious. Everyone involved in that scandal is either dead or no longer coaching. By far their fans are better than any other team. At the Citrus bowl we beat them soundly and their fans was great. Many of their fans joined Clemson at the Boola Bowl Party, with much alcohol consumed, they did not say anything ugly. They participated at the post game party and when we had cheers going back and forth they joined in.?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

There fans definitely suffered.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:46 AM

That is true. As much as they love football, those fans paid a heavy price fora few bad dudes. I am kind surprised that their program has turned around as much as they have. I kind of thought they might never bounce back. Did the school ever pit that statue of Paterno back on campus? I certainly hope not.

Re: There fans definitely suffered.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:51 AM

Franklin seems to be a good coach and great recruiter. It doesn't surprise me they turned it around quickly with him there.

I was thinking they would have trouble recruiting.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:55 AM

He has done a great job though.

I agree

Oct 21, 2017, 11:58 AM

But that's part of why I wonder if he's shady lol.

I don't want to single out PSU fans and act like that's

Oct 21, 2017, 12:01 PM [ in reply to There fans definitely suffered. ]

the only place something like could happen because there are numerous other fan bases around CFB capable of the same thing, BUT it was the PSU fan worship of the football program and, Joe Paterno specifically, that enabled those atrocities to occur at Penn State. Though indirect, some of the blame for what happened at Penn State absolutely falls on the fan base.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Other than the past and those kids, PSU doesn't... ]

James Franklin seems like a prick. Personally I'm hoping Michigan wins so both of them have one loss.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:21 AM

Yeah I just can't put my finger on it. He doesn't seem genuine. Maybe I'm totally off base. I don't really know a ton about the guy.

Re: Hate PSU and Harbaugh led Michigan

Oct 21, 2017, 11:20 AM

Exactly how long are you going to hate the AD, professors, students and Professors who had zero culpability. Anyone involved with the pedophile crap is Long game

I agree.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:25 AM

We would all be reminded of the tragedy of the past if they did win it all, but I agree with your assessment.

The school and it's employees might all be clean now but

Oct 21, 2017, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate PSU and Harbaugh led Michigan ]

it will take decades for those filthy fans that supported those disgusting men to die off. They don't deserve success.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate PSU and Harbaugh led Michigan ]

I will hate them as long as they undefeated and we have one loss.

Only reason to cheer for Michigan tonight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2017, 11:25 AM

I don’t think I understand the hatred fully for Penn State. The student athletes former and present as well as the student body and alumni didn’t do anything wrong and were/are being punished for actions of a few at the top of the food chain. Unspeakable actions of those few involved and they are paying for their actions. Barkley and the players on the team work just as hard as anyone and deserve everything to earn, they do not deserve to be kept under the same shade as Sandusky and the like.

Oct 21, 2017, 11:47 AM

I totally agree. Sounds just like other crap that is going on today. These kids and coaches are working their ### offf, just like every college coach

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,949
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic