Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Future ACC scheduling appears out of whack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Future ACC scheduling appears out of whack

Jun 12, 2013, 9:37 AM

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/virginiatech/vtfootball/2000261-12/future-acc-scheduling-appears-out-of-whack.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Future ACC scheduling appears out of whack

Jun 12, 2013, 9:45 AM

I like it. The only teams I am interested in playing on a yearly basis are FSU, GT, and NCST(only because of the textile bowl). Rotate the other 10 teams and lets match-up a true championship game. I know this was also a rumored solution for playing the championship game at a home stadium but I would guess with the true top 2 teams playing every year you would get much better fan support.

null

If VT wants to play Clemson regularly...

Jun 12, 2013, 10:20 AM

Make it to the ACCCG....we're there to stay ;)

Re: Future ACC scheduling appears out of whack

Jun 12, 2013, 10:20 AM

For me, this is the key idea:

"It makes you ask yourself: what’s the point of being in the same conference with a team you’ll face twice in 12 years?"

The answer: None. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see growing instability among the new super-conferences. With increasing distances between schools, less unity among conference members (due to not interacting with schools in the other division very often), and ever-changing market conditions, it might take less than you think to convince schools to jump. Remember the 16-team WAC super-conference? How well did that work out?

Personally, I'd love to see 8 major conferences with between 8-10 members, a round-robin schedule, and an 8 (or even 16) team playoff. That probably won't happen anytime soon, but I could easily imagine a shake-up where we end up with 6 12-team conferences, and I do believe the playoffs will expand to 8 teams within a decade.

I think the 8 game playoff will come much sooner.***

Jun 12, 2013, 10:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure hope so, but I'm being conservative******

Jun 12, 2013, 10:34 AM

The more likely outcome is 4 twenty team conferences with

Jun 12, 2013, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Future ACC scheduling appears out of whack ]

4 five team pods in each conf. You play a home and home with each of the other 3 pods so that everyone plays each team twice every six years. And of course that means a 9 game conference schedule. The conference winners would then be the playoff seeds.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic