Topic: From a Coach's point of view . .
Replies: 7   Last Post: Mar 7, 2021, 1:37 PM by: OhWiseOne®
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

From a Coach's point of view . .

[2]
Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 6:16 PM

A needed win. I was happy to see much better ball movement, I'm sure that was a priority. I was happy to see more effort on both ends of rebounding . . I'm sure that was a priority. I was not happy to see so many quick 3 pointers in the first half, even though they were falling. We know how that goes :( I am not sure that was a priority, but I hope it was not. I was very pleased to see us address some problems that were beginning to occur at the end of the first half. We made halftime adjustments that were carried out . .BRAVO !!! Bravo to the Coaches and the players. Now . . onto the Tourney!!

link

In 2021, “open” 3s even in transition are considered by many

[1]
Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 6:35 PM

coaches to be good shots if the player has the capability to knock it down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Re: In 2021, “open” 3s even in transition are considered by many

Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 8:08 PM

Sure, transition can be considered a good shot. I had a couple players that I allowed that. Not what I was referencing from the game.

link

Re: From a Coach's point of view . .

Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 8:01 PM

From a fan's point of view, to someone I @$$ume is not a coach, you sure seem to have a lot of priorities.

link

so there is where you are wrong . .

[1]
Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 8:09 PM

I DID coach Boys BB for 11 years. So choose your words wisely Son.

link

Re: so there is where you are wrong . .

[1]
Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 9:11 PM

I was a professional Y Basketballer for 17 years, if our team is knocking down 50% from the 3pt line we kept raining ?? them, of course we had some that rained them at 10%......lol

2021 white level member link

“Let’s make the others want to be like us” Dabo Swinney!!

The best is yet to come!! I’m so grateful for Clemson Football going into the 2020’s

Re: so there is where you are wrong . .

Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 1:07 AM

So I guess the reason for a shot makes no difference?? If you have the right person, at the right spot, you take it. That could be on a transition or during offensive movements. But how many "right" people does our team have? Sure that can change game to game, but you don't give up the game plan because one person is hot that normally isn't. So . . right person, right spot, . for sure. Otherwise, you have a game plan . You formulated that game plan by scouting and by knowing your team. So I do not believe Brad said lets just throw it up whenever you're open within 30 feet. We hit a bunch early and that can be the worst thing for a team sometimes. You do remember it became a 2 point game at the half right? Any teams game, coming out of the locker room. So, did out "strategy" change in the second half?

link

I think the Prime Directive is always, first ...

Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 1:37 PM

Take it to the hoop ! When we seem to Take It to the hoop ! With extreme prejudice, we always seem to win. The hot potato around the key, I cringe.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 season tickets in Top Deck on Clemson side. $2360 total. Contact me for full details.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
2037 people have read this post