Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we have an O line problem? Push up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Do we have an O line problem? Push up

Oct 24, 2020, 5:00 PM

Front,?

Also, why we doing the Rob Spence stuff again? Can we not smash down field?

Happy for the win but real questions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do we have an O line problem? Push up

Oct 24, 2020, 5:05 PM

True dat

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 5:07 PM

I agree. Surely we have more plays than WR screen every other play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 5:16 PM

I like tony but I think he over thinks it. there are times you impose your will be we seldom do that. there seems to be some wish on his part to make all the wr happy by throwing so many to each of them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the play calling was very poor most of the day. ****

Oct 24, 2020, 5:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:I thought the play calling was very poor most of the day

Oct 24, 2020, 5:28 PM

we seem to have about 2 possessions a game that are incredibly good and efficient. we also have about 2 a game that are just awful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 5:20 PM

Yes. We have a big o line problem.

Cade Steward at center is absolutely terrible. Not only is he a liability snapping the ball, he gets trucked all the time. He gets no push at all.

Jackson Carmen is having a terrible year. He’s gotten at least 5 holding penalties because he keeps getting beat. I don’t know what’s going on with him, but he hasn’t been near the player he was last year.

Bockhurst and Putnam are decent pass protectors, but get no push run blocking.

We are averaging 4.6 ypc this year, with only one game over 5 ypc.

The last two years, we averaged 6.4 and 6.6 ypc.

That’s two ypc difference. That is a massive drop. When we play a real team, we are in trouble. They will do what Syracuse did today, except much much better. They will stop the run, take away the big plays and force us to drive the field with short passes, which we’ve shown we simply cannot do. If the o line doesn’t drastically improve, I don’t see any way we win it all this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 5:25 PM

We struggle to run block against defenses with big fronts, usually. What worries me is that now we're struggling against teams like GT and Syaracuse. I wouldn't be heart broken if we moved on from Caldwell.

Play callings seems fine, but

Oct 24, 2020, 5:25 PM

WR's are getting enough consistent separation on pass plays and Oline isn't making any holes up the middle for the running game. Not sure if the other teams defense is the culprit of both or just our own inadequacy. But 6-0 is still great and I'll take a W any and every day by any means or points.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic