Topic: Dabo's comments
Replies: 14   Last Post: Jun 4, 2020 11:25 AM by: flyslyw
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 14  

Dabo's comments

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 12:46 AM

I just reread Dabo's comments on the death of George Floyd. I can not understand why people are having an issue with it. I watched a video on YouTube about Tajh Boyds reaction to the speach and although Tajh mostly supported Dabo, the viewer comments were loaded with people calling Dabo a racist. Dabo clearly is not a racist, and I read nothing that would even make me think he was.

Re: Dabo's comments

[7]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 1:03 AM

Other than groveling adherence to the new religion, you will never be right to the SJW Church.

2020 white level member

Excellent way of saying that...

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 6:46 AM

I may borrow your phrasing sometime. Well said

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 8:54 AM

What is SJW Church?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 9:00 AM

Social Justice Warrior(s)

2020 white level member

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 10:02 AM

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/12/why-third-wave-anti-racism-dead-end/578764

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

[6]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 1:03 AM

Clemson players, their families, and fans know well who Dabo is. Most of the negative stuff is coming from people with an agenda, people trying to generate clicks, don't know him, and/or are trying to push recruits away. Comes with the territory of being at the top. This is about all I'm gonna worry about it.

2020 orange level member

[1]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 4:09 AM

Exactly. Well said.

2020 white level member

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 4:09 AM

Exactly. Well said.

2020 white level member

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 9:32 AM

Wow Carlsbad...you are very adamant about that!

2020 white level member

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 4:10 AM

Exactly. Well said.

2020 white level member

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 4:10 AM

Exactly. Well said.

2020 white level member

[3]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 1:08 AM

Comments on social media are not at all representative of public opinion. Also, Clemson is now considered an elite in the college football world. No matter what Dabo says, haters on social media will be there to flame away.

I recently vowed never again to read comments on Youtube or Twitter. Give it a try... It's a liberating feeling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

They don't want Dabo's comments, they simply want him

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 9:26 AM

to parrot their cult doctrine. All who don't adhere to their cult dogma are castigated and shunned.

He didn't do or say anything wrong

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 11:25 AM

but the social media mobs are out for Dabo's blood no matter what he says or does. His winning has propelled him to the top tier of college sports, making him a larger target. The way he injects his faith into what he says is often used by his haters and the media to belittle his viewpoints.

Currently, some hit piece was put out on Twitter from a site, twisting a lot of the context from Dabo's comments about Kaepernick's protest in 2016. I didn't click the article but the title was something along the lines of "Trump supporter Dabo Swinney says blacks should love the cops that murder them." South Carolina fans as well as Ohio State fans have been spreading it far and wide with the hopes of hurting our recruiting.

The article apparently gained a lot of steam and the general consensus on Twitter is that Dabo is now a huge racist and hates black people. It's insane and couldn't be farther from the truth.

Replies: 14  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have CFP jackets and vests. fully authentic. text me 864-372-6518

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
2216 people have read this post