Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats to Gardocki and Monahan on their induction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Congrats to Gardocki and Monahan on their induction

Feb 21, 2019, 9:55 PM

to the HOF.

Every Clemson football fan over the age of 35 has probably recounted one of Chris' many exploits. He was one of the very best kickers to ever don the Tiger orange

My story about Monahan: I was living in the Triangle area of NC during Shane's sophomore year when he was tearing up the conference. NCSt was having a fairly good year as well and there was some anticipation as the Tiger's trip to Raleighwood was a scheduled showdown. I had seen Shane play several times on trips to Clemson and knew what a tremendous hitter he was, but I was assured by several NCSt baseball fans that the wuffies had a pitching staff second to none. I agreed to go to Game One of the series with their group because they were assured of good seats---and indeed we sat just behind home plate..... All during the pre-game activities, the 4 of them kidded me about Monahan being overrated, especially facing their #1 pitcher.

Sitting in their midst and that of all those other NCSt fans, I minded my language and applause as we awaited the umpire's instruction to "Play Ball". Shane actually led off the game with the very first at bat.......... All the State fans in the park were slinging shade at him as he went through the batting circle machinations. Hoots and hollars increased as the pitcher threw the first pitch towards home plate to start the game---which Shane promptly hit out of the park....about 30 feet beyond the centerfield fence. It was deafeningly quiet the rest of game in the home stands.

Oh....and I did stand and applaud Shane as he rounded 3rd.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats to Gardocki and Monahan on their induction

Feb 21, 2019, 9:59 PM

Good stuff!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats to Gardocki and Monahan on their induction

Feb 21, 2019, 10:41 PM

I bet that was hilarious as heck seeing those state fans faces and reactions after Shane hit the HR when they the way you described it were so confident beforehand that they would have their way with Shane all night long

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic