Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Concerns about OL recruiting...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Concerns about OL recruiting...

Jan 12, 2019, 9:43 PM

I don't get to keep up with all the recruiting inside info, but I'm worried about our lack of quality in the ol department in recruiting this year's so far. Are we in the hunt for any good recruits for this class? Are we looking to be doing better next year? I'm concerned

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Concerns about OL recruiting...

Jan 12, 2019, 9:45 PM

smfh. we targeted 3 guys and got 2 of them plus another guy we got in on late.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 9:47 PM

You are being funny, aren't you? If not, start paying attention.

Jan 12, 2019, 10:01 PM

Nope I'm serious and it's because I have been paying attention.

We just won the NC 2 out of the last 3 years. The only way I’d be worried is if I

Jan 12, 2019, 9:48 PM

Were a coot or a bama fan. Which one are you?

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your mama was a coot lover

Jan 12, 2019, 9:54 PM

Don’t call someone who has a different opinion than you a coot it shows your ignorance

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Your mama was a coot lover”

Jan 12, 2019, 10:06 PM

Way to inject class

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Your mama was a coot lover”

Jan 12, 2019, 10:07 PM

Thank you!

Re: Your mama was a coot lover

Jan 13, 2019, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Your mama was a coot lover ]

Coot!!! Don’t make stupid uneducated remarks right after Clemson has been declared (rightfully so) and no one will call you a clot!

Re: Your mama was a coot lover

Jan 13, 2019, 8:44 AM

No coot here the question was forward looking as have many others been since the natty so back off boy.

Re: Your mama was a coot lover***

Jan 13, 2019, 8:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Your mama was a coot lover******

Jan 13, 2019, 8:56 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm...

Jan 13, 2019, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Your mama was a coot lover ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-agree-with-you-these-other-ignorant-young-closet-coots-24649104

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: We just won the NC 2 out of the last 3 years. The only way I’d be worried is if I***

Jan 12, 2019, 10:19 PM [ in reply to We just won the NC 2 out of the last 3 years. The only way I’d be worried is if I ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We just won the NC 2 out of the last 3 years. The only way I’d be worried is if I

Jan 12, 2019, 10:20 PM [ in reply to We just won the NC 2 out of the last 3 years. The only way I’d be worried is if I ]

He's drunk and has a case of the "cutes".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 9:51 PM

How many times did Trevor get sacked by Bama?

Jan 12, 2019, 10:00 PM

None and I want to keep it that way!

I guess this is your attempt at sarcasm??***

Jan 12, 2019, 9:55 PM

Re: I guess this is your attempt at sarcasm??***

Jan 12, 2019, 9:57 PM

Serious answers only please. I am honestly looking for info and insight into OL recruiting. Not alcohol aided forum nonsense

Please call Robbie Caldwell directly. He would love to

Jan 12, 2019, 9:56 PM

Discuss this with you.

Re: Please call Robbie Caldwell directly. He would love to

Jan 12, 2019, 9:59 PM

Unfortunately I do not have his direct line. I was hoping you did...

Your insight is so valuable please just go to

Jan 12, 2019, 11:07 PM

Football complex. No appointment necessary. You are too valuable for the Clemson coaches to wait any longer. We will never win another national championship nwithout your input. Go now. Stop flipping smothered and covered at Waffle House right now to spread your knowledge to Dabo, Robbie, Jeff and Tony. God bless you!

Re: Your insight is so valuable please just go to

Jan 13, 2019, 8:54 AM

If you would read more carefully, you would see that my post was asking a question, not sharing any "expert" advice. I am seeking input lol

I'm concerned about Alabama's recruiting

Jan 12, 2019, 9:56 PM

Seems being #1 in recruiting 6 of the last 7 years gets you a 44-16 whoopin by Clemson. Maybe they need more 5 stars. Is there a 6 star? Might need a few of those too.

Re: I'm concerned about Alabama's recruiting

Jan 12, 2019, 10:01 PM

Haha!

Jan 12, 2019, 10:13 PM

Orangeblood69,
Quit worrying about OL recruiting. Our staff is on it. I would strongly suggest you pull up the last classes, as well as those forthcoming and you will see plenty of OL recruits.

Enjoy the moment as our staff is fully aware of our immediate and long term needs.

Go Tigers ??!!

Jan 12, 2019, 10:30 PM

Yeah I'm glad they are our guys. I think we have a great staff. I have been wanting to annihilate Alabama ever since they beat us so bad in Bowdens last year. 44-16 felt sooo good!

Jan 12, 2019, 10:16 PM

We are losing to guys and bringing in 3. One of them is top 5 at their position.

Jan 12, 2019, 10:28 PM

Thanks! Is that this Putnum guy by chance?

Jan 12, 2019, 10:49 PM

Yep and the coaches really like the other 2. Both have good size. We should be fine at OL. We have plenty of starters back. The only worry this coming year is LT and it could be our best position seeing that Carman was a 4/5 star out of high school and is getting in shape.

Jan 12, 2019, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the info, man!

Jan 12, 2019, 10:16 PM

We are losing two guys and bringing in 3. One of them is top 5 at their position.

Jan 12, 2019, 11:23 PM

The problem isn’t next year. We have a solid Oline next year. However, we lose Cervenka, Simpson, Pollard, and Anchrum. Reality is who have we recruited to replace them in 2-3 years. Dehond may not play. I hear McFadden is legit but haven’t seen it. Carmen obviously ready. The problem is we missed on several big names past 2 years and we are thin. The starters will be great but depth thin... we 2020 to be great and for sure we are off to a great start.

2020 depth chart

Jan 13, 2019, 6:42 AM

Carmen Brockhorst Reeves Vinson and Stewart all got a lot of snaps this year. Carmen will be a starter next year and the other 4 will again get snaps. Brockhorst will push for starting time.

That will be 3-5 solid starters with a good bit of playing time under their belt.

DeHond had surgery on his neck and should be back as well.

McFadden, Rayburn, Putnam and Boeting - At least a couple will be sophs with time under their belt by 2020 0-2 starters starters out of this group

9 or 10 solid returning OL by 2020

We will take a large group next year 4-5 players. We could easily get another Carmen, Hyatt, Pollard out of the group. A chance to come and play early on a national championship team and be a 4 years starter.

Faci, Cervenka and Anchrum were all three star starters on the OL that gave up zero sacks to alafrickingbama with the greatest DL in history.

Anybody that has concerns also had concerns with how we were going to compete with 10th ranked recruiting classes when bama and uga and oh st are top 5 every year. Stars don't mean squat on the OL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2020 depth chart

Jan 13, 2019, 8:08 AM

Thank you!!

Jan 13, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Concerns about OL recruiting... ]

Thanks for the insight!

Jan 12, 2019, 10:21 PM

“I don’t get to keep up with...” what are you, in a Tunisian prison cave? You are the worst of troll. Stupid. I have a margin of respect for a troll that has a brain. You, are a freaking sh$& show. Please, no more salt on my fries....

Jan 12, 2019, 10:27 PM

I don't get to because I happen to be a very busy guy, and don't get to regularly check the recruiting sites as I used to....there is no harm in my honest question, so if it saltes your fries, then by all means be smart on your on forum post.

Jan 13, 2019, 8:53 AM

I don't get to because I happen to be a very busy guy, and don't get to regularly check the recruiting sites as I used to....there is no harm in my honest question, so if it saltes your fries, then by all means be smart on your on forum post.

that was a brutal response. I concede everything I said about you. Your being such a busy guy IS the root cause for your post and honest concern. You will go far in life cabin boy, you stay busy and they’ll let you out one day so you won’t have to be so busy.

Jan 13, 2019, 9:17 AM

Actually one day I won't. I'm currently doing three remodel projects for the man I work for plus other stuff. So if remodeling gives me the title cabin boy, I guess that would be an interesting play on words.

Jan 13, 2019, 10:19 AM

“These pipes, are clean!!!”

Jan 12, 2019, 10:40 PM

TD,NM

Jan 13, 2019, 12:19 AM

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=concern%20troll

Jan 13, 2019, 12:28 AM

I’m concerned about you too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 1:24 AM

Yeah, you'd have been better off without your initial post. Being "concerned" about the OL recruiting wasn't really what you were after, huh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 9:14 AM

Yes it actually was, and some classy guys have given me some serious insight on the subject. If you have some info on the OL recruiting, I'd like to hear it too.

Jan 13, 2019, 7:18 AM

Think everyone is forgetting just how good our offensive line has been!!!
Just remember it’s always n the clay you get and how you mold it. Evidently our coaches know what type of clay to get 2..3..4...or 5 star doesn’t matter if they are developed the way we do!!!
Go Offensive Line!! You devistated BAMA! NOTRE DAME!! and everybody n your path!
GO TIGERS

Jan 13, 2019, 9:18 AM

great post!

Jan 13, 2019, 8:18 AM

I like what we are doing.

Your gonna have bigg concerns about OL recruiting next year

Jan 13, 2019, 8:38 AM

when we're curb stomping UofSCat in their own coop next fall for the sixth time in a row.

Re: Your gonna have bigg concerns about OL recruiting next year

Jan 13, 2019, 9:20 AM

I'm looking forward to that! I hope Dabo let's us put 70 on them just to rub it in extra good

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic