Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson football series with Texas Longhorns
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 101

Clemson football series with Texas Longhorns

Aug 21, 2018, 11:33 AM

According to reports by Chip Brown of Horns247, Texas is in the process of working out a home-and-home series with the Georgia Bulldogs within the next decade.

Right now he is stating that it would most likely be in 2028 and 2029 due to the Longhorns having marquee matchups already set through 2027.

It is also being reported that Texas has been in contact with Clemson and Penn State as well about potential home-and-home series in 2030-31.

Word is that the Longhorns may be closer to deal with the Nittany Lions but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

Clemson and Texas have never played each other in football

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

Again? We're already playing them this year.***

Aug 21, 2018, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Clemson football series with Texas Longhorns

Aug 21, 2018, 11:47 AM

Over the last 40 years, Clemson has more wins, a better winning percentage and twice as many Natty's as the Longhorns. We are leagues ahead of Texas in the last ten years.

I'd love to play Texas home and home. The longhorns will be lucky if we can work them into our regular season schedule. They might need to try to meet us in the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 12:42 PM

Why won't clemson schedule Georgia?

Georgia director of football operations, Josh Lee, has been trying to schedule Clemson. The Tigers say they want to play Georgia publicly, but behind the scenes they seem reluctant. Neither program wants to play two SEC or ACC opponents on the road....so what about a kickoff classic in Mercedes Benz Stadium, a neutral site with both teams getting the same amount of tickets? You Tigers need to make some noise on your end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 12:45 PM

F neutral site games.

Aug 21, 2018, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson football series with Texas Longhorns ]

Nice try. You're the guys who killed the series years ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not want to add Georgia to our regular schedule.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:38 PM

In my history of attending Clemson games regularly, we have had home and home series with Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Kentucky, Texas A&M and Missouri. I would guess Clemson has played more games against SEC teams in the past 50 years than any non-SEC team except GT, a former member of the SEC. Additionally we've played LSU, Tennessee, Miss State in bowls. Of all the major power conferences, we've played the SEC more than any other. We're adding LSU to our schedule.

I'd much rather add Texas, Oklahoma, Southern Cal, Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, or Nebraska to our home and home schedules than any additional games with any SEC teams.

We are becoming a national brand. Let's not adopt the SEC habit of NOT taking home and home games very often with national brand name teams from other parts of the country.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson football series with Texas Longhorns ]

Home & Home. Dabo has stated many times that he’s not interested in sacrificing a home game and all the benefits it brings to the local economy, and exporting all of those benefits to a neutral site. Home games are rewards and thank you’s to the local fans and businesses. I would not sacrifice a home game to play anybody, anywhere, ever. Not now. If you’re building a program, I could see a case where you MIGHT make that sacrifice in order to get exposure, but that’s not where we are. Any strong established program that doesn’t want to play us home & home, looks like cowardice to me.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:57 PM

Texas is accustomed to dealing with other Universities in a dictatorial fashion (OU too). Which is why TAMU, Arkansas, Nebraska, Colorado are no longer in the Big12. Straight up greed and arrogance. UT has the exact same aura of entitlement as UNCheat, I’ve been to both many, many times.....can’t stand’em.

Aug 21, 2018, 3:03 PM

FUUUUUUUCK TEXASS

Aug 21, 2018, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson football series with Texas Longhorns ]

As long as it’s Georgia giving up a home game

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I would love to play Texas! That would be awesome!***

Aug 21, 2018, 3:39 PM

Aug 21, 2018, 3:55 PM

How long will Dabo keep coaching and who will be tabbed to take over? I was thinking when DRad (currently 60) retires that maybe Dabo slides in to that role to cap his career. We would still have his influence with the overall culture but I think in 10 years his ability to recruit the 18 year olds may slip a little. Coach V and Dabo are nearly the same age so I’m not sure he would take over. Elliott and Scott are both 10 years younger so that’s a possibility. Maybe it could be a Dabo former player by then.

Replies: 12
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic