Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any tree guys out there?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,042

Any tree guys out there?

Aug 15, 2018, 7:27 AM

I have a pine that hangs over my house and it seems to have gotten a little worse in the last year or so. I got a quote from a guy last week but it took a week for him to finally come out and I really don’t wanna wait too long to get it taken care of. The way it hangs it looks like it’s gonna take somebody with a bucket truck to get or piece by piece. And I live in Simpsonville. Thanks for any help.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any tree guys out there?

Aug 15, 2018, 7:43 AM

I also live in Simpsonville. I have had great luck with Econo Tree Man. The owner's last name is Biggers I believe. Does a fantastic job!! Phone number is 864-963-8888.
Lot of treees down in Simpsonville last Thursday evening so I would imagine all of these guys are pretty busy. We had 16 trees down at Fox Run Country Club last week!!!
Good Luck.

Aug 15, 2018, 7:56 AM

Trim All Tree Service.
Owner is Guadalupe Juarez.
They have done several trees in my yard and always good work. I am soon to have him take out two major oaks in my front yard. Cleans up everything very well. Yes, its a crew of latin guys.
He expects the customer to kibitz about the price. He will give you a price, you low ball, you meet in the middle where the cost really is. And the price is always very reasonable.
He has bucket truck, big chipper, and big truck to take stuff off.
Business phone (a lady answers who speaks perfect English... call there first and he will call back): 864-862-5127
Direct line to his cell: 864-230-3647
Good luck
Tell him the old guy from downtown Greenville recommended him.

Aug 15, 2018, 8:21 AM

One of the most important things to check about a tree removal company is that it is well insured. I had a neighbor once who used an uninsured company, and they dropped a huge tree on his house.

Aug 15, 2018, 8:29 AM

This times a thousand!!! And don't just take their word for it they are insured, get the policy number and call the company to find out the scope of coverage, ask when the policy was started (if it was the week you asked for the policy information run away, far away!) and then call the day of the job to make sure it is still an active policy (More than once has someone gotten a policy because a homeowner asked for one and then cancelled it the same day after getting a coverage declaration printed out) You can never be too careful!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have them send you a certificate of insurance...

Aug 15, 2018, 2:51 PM

It will show the policy type(s), limits, and effective dates. His/her agent should be able to provide this to you in a matter of minutes by email.

Do not allow anyone to start work until you have this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Aug 15, 2018, 10:02 AM

Yes, Rollins.

I also live in Simpsonville

Aug 15, 2018, 11:14 AM

And have a big Oak that needs trimmed up. May
call the Econo Tree Guy that GStiger talked about
above. My neighbor also has a big oak that she had
trimmed up by Schneider Tree Care (Jay Engledow -
864-567-5387) and they appeared to do a good job and
have a truck with the bucket that extends. Sounds
like we both need to make a move and get the trees
taken care of. Where's FORESTTIGER when you need him? ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I also live in Simpsonville

Aug 15, 2018, 2:27 PM

Seriously. We could do a bundle deal and save a dollar or two. Lol. Thanks everybody for the help and info.

Re: I also live in Simpsonville

Aug 15, 2018, 3:33 PM

Don't leave me out I've got a big sycamore need to cut down in mauldin.

cut a notch in it and it will

Aug 15, 2018, 3:17 PM

fall the right way. You can also back up your pickup to gain some height and put a tall extension ladder in the back of the truck up the tree. You can then get on top of the ladder and top the tree with your chain saw. Definitely let someone hold your beer while you do this, you will need both hands for safety.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: cut a notch in it and it will

Aug 15, 2018, 3:24 PM

Best idea yet. It would only cost a few cents in mix gas. Well and a roof but I’d be saving money from the DIY part. I’ll update y’all when I get off work on how it goes.

Message was edited by: MC92

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,042
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic