Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After we win the Natty do you think we will be in the top
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,284

After we win the Natty do you think we will be in the top

Dec 14, 2017, 3:19 PM

ten starting next year. I mean Bama will be good again, Auburn will be good. Just think what Jimbo will do in Aggieland. LSU, always worth a pre-season top ten pick. The Chad will make Arkansas contenders by, well next year, since they are in the SEC. Georgia will be good. Tennessee with that staff they just picked up, dark horse for the playoffs don't you think? Mullen at UF, instant contenders. You know Mark Stoops and UK are almost there. Then you have the coots with those huge strides Muscrat is making.

That's ten teams, then Ohio State has to have their perennial number two ranking. Meechigan and Captain Khaki pants have an SEC transfer QB and we all know that means, they are basically in. You might have heard that UCLA hired Chip Kelly, top five easy.

Boomer Sooner, I know they lose Baker Mayfield, but as good as they are and with that top flight Big 12 defense.

I see us lucky to crack the top 15.

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our streak of finishing ranked higher than pre-season will continue. ***

Dec 14, 2017, 3:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Hopefully, someone at ESECPN has learned their lesson

Dec 14, 2017, 3:21 PM

and slaps the person that says "Clemson will take a step back after losing _____ and _____ in the draft".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Michigan has a new QB ... they have already secured #1 spot

Dec 14, 2017, 3:23 PM

per ESPN.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After we win the Natty do you think we will be in the top

Dec 14, 2017, 3:23 PM

Write this down, if we win the Natty, we will be #1 from start to finish next year, threepeat

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Don't want to lose the disrespect card.***

Dec 14, 2017, 3:24 PM

Re: After we win the Natty do you think we will be in the top

Dec 14, 2017, 3:25 PM

You should work for ESPN!

No, we're gonna lose a player or two so we'll be probably

Dec 14, 2017, 3:27 PM

drop out of the top 25.

I looked into this last year when we started ~5th or

Dec 14, 2017, 3:30 PM

whatever in the preseason polls, and the formula for this seems pretty simple. If the defending champions return their starting QB they are typically ranked #1 again the following year. If they do not return their starting QB they usually start somewhere in the 3-6 range. This held true across most of the BCS-CFP era. The only major outliers i recall is that Bama always starts #1 the following year regardless of QB situation (probably because it never really matters who they have back there), and Auburn started way down at like ~23 the year after Cam left.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic