Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 things make me laugh when reading TNETs on Sundays...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,059

2 things make me laugh when reading TNETs on Sundays...

Oct 6, 2019, 11:34 AM

1. The concern about the two fake polls that have absolutely ZERO influence or bearing on the Playoffs, or college football in general...

2. The idea that a 13-0, defending national champion, on a 28 game win streak, could somehow miss the playoff. It's laughable. We could win every game by 1 pt. and we'd be safely in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen Brother!

Oct 6, 2019, 11:37 AM

Keeping on preaching the truth!

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: 2 things make me laugh when reading TNETs on Sundays...

Oct 6, 2019, 11:51 AM

28?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes***

Oct 6, 2019, 11:56 AM

Re: 2 things make me laugh when reading TNETs on Sundays...

Oct 6, 2019, 11:59 AM

3. Some pundit or reporter didn't hype us up and so that pundit is therefore an idiot and is out to get us.

I do this too

Oct 6, 2019, 12:00 PM

Post things to reaffirm my sincere hopes.

While I agree with both points, the CFB world is working as hard as they can to discredit us on our schedule. The AP poll obviously listening. Feel like the CFP won’t listen, but they are human. Let’s just dominate our games. It’s more fun anyway.

the AP poll has nothing to do with anything...

Oct 6, 2019, 12:03 PM

at all

it carries as much weight as what Finebaum thinks

Already agreed with this

Oct 6, 2019, 12:06 PM

Point is if one group of people is buying maybe another will. And maybe they won’t. Just think we ought to control what we can as well as we can.

Finebaum THINKS???

Oct 6, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to the AP poll has nothing to do with anything... ]

Who knew?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

18 AP voters still had us at #1 after our "loss" to UNC***

Oct 6, 2019, 12:03 PM [ in reply to I do this too ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I learned on Tigernet that we are 7th right now

Oct 6, 2019, 12:01 PM

that's what winning a close conference game on the road does, it knocks you down 6 spots not 1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree for the most part, but don't totally discount the

Oct 6, 2019, 12:15 PM

fact that the CFP committee is made up of human beings who are, in spite of efforts to mitigate it, suceptible to the non-stop narrative created by ESPN and other sports media. The fake polls are not supposed to be considered at all when the committee votes, but it's impossible that the message the polls represent isn't in the heads of the committe members. How objective they can be and the degree to which they can block out the noise is very much in question, in my mind at least. I think you're right (I hope) that if we win out, we're in.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

For the most part, the committee is made up of people that

Oct 6, 2019, 12:32 PM

understand sports, and in particular, football. When you have AD's and former coaches sitting on the committee... an undefeated, reigning national champ is not going to get left out.

If the committee were the same guys that vote for the Heisman.... then yes, we should be worried.

Like I said, I think we're in if we win out.

Oct 6, 2019, 3:04 PM

And we already had a coaches poll, so I'm not sure "understanding football" exempts one from the effects of media influence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,059
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic