Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Dabo take a $4,600,000 pay cut due to no football or lower revenues?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Will Dabo take a $4,600,000 pay cut due to no football or lower revenues?

Jul 8, 2020, 9:43 AM

Saying, it’s been said that all college Head football coaches may or will be forced to “self-lower” their contract payouts to help sustain their programs.

A 50% reduction would be the figure shown above..probably more than I’ve made in 60 years of working & self-employment.

Oh, I’m not saying Coach D should cut his salary, just speculating the possibilities..plus, i realize he & wife donate a ton to various charities and will continue to do so.

OK, fire away and/or TD me! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Dabo take a $4,600,000 pay cut due to no football or lower revenues?

Jul 8, 2020, 9:45 AM

I think that would be a noble think to do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 10:04 AM

Don't know about 50% but it wouldn't be a bad idea for Dabo to give up some salary to help keep others in the athletic program employed. He shouldn't give up one penny to keep a bunch of football hating professors and/or administrators gainfully employed in their America hating positions.

Lol I needed a good laugh this morning

Jul 8, 2020, 10:21 AM

You do you, you low-pulse nut job. You do you.

Every professor I had either loved the football team or was quietly indifferent about it, and some of the latter still moved assignments around and rescheduled exams for things like Thursday and Friday night games. I ran into several at the games, including on the road. I'm curious which professors you had when you were a student at Clemson that hated football?

And as for hating America, they seem to be very bad at doing that, as they prepared my classmates and I quite well to become tax-paying professionals in this country between their anarchist diatribes and flag-burning sessions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once gov't bureaucrats, elected officials, and college

Jul 8, 2020, 10:08 AM

...professors do so 1st he might be willing to consider it.

They need to lead by example and then MAYBE we'll have a discussion about football coaches.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 10:10 AM

I don't know what the percentage would be, but I'd see Dabo volunteering to give up part of his salary if it means helping others. This is the same guy who took pay cuts early in his career to go to his assistants, and that was when he was making much less than he is now.

Jul 8, 2020, 11:26 AM

That was a good gesture on Dabo's part, but he knew he couldn't afford to lose any of his assistant coaches that he had in place, that he believed would help him turn the FB program around at a critacal time in his first ever Head Coaching job. Dabo giving up those bonuses at the time he done that, that bought the loyalty Dabo needed to keep his assistants in place, and from leaving for a job at a bigger winning program.

I'm glad that he done that when he did bc, it did help with giving Dabo enough of on the job training and becoming one of the best Head Coaches in college FB. That good gesture has helped Dabo to win Six ACC championships, play in Five college FB playoff games, and winning two national championships. I say giving up those bonuses was a very small price to pay for everything Dabo has accomplished as a first time ever HC at any college level, and Dabo knew exactly what he was doing when he gave those bonuses to his assistant coaches, and loyalty is a hard thing to beat when becoming a first time ever HC at a power 5 FB program!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 10:12 AM

If there is no FB season, I don't think that Dabo would have a big problem with renegotiating his contract for a season without FB. And if he did fight to not renegotiate his contract for a season to help save other sports programs at Clemson, then we, Tiger nation should rethink how we feel about Dabo and his commitment to Clemson and our FB program. This covid-19 pandemic was totally unseen coming, and people all over the world has lost/losing bc of it, and if our FB HC was to stand steadfast that he wasn't willing to take a loss when everybody around him has had to do, IMO, Dabo isn't the person, the man, that we have all believed that he is/was!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 10:21 AM

Yeah, I'd be shocked if that were the case. For starters, I think he would do so simply because that's the type of person he is. Even if that weren't the case, he didn't get to where he is by being stupid. He'd know it would be a PR nightmare to refuse to do so if other coaches around the country were doing it. Losing a few million is never ideal for anyone, but I think he's made plenty, and will make plenty more in the future to where he'd be ok.

I will add that I've seen some out there(not on here) questioning why the coaches would make any salary at all if there is no season. Besides the fact that we shouldn't expect the coaches to go an entire year without being paid(remember some assistants are new to the business and aren't making millions) you also have to keep in mind that they're still recruiting, planning, and making themselves available to players.

you are questioning the man that walked around the athletic

Jul 8, 2020, 10:32 AM

department and wrote personal checks to each employee when they were furloughed a few years ago?

I have a friend who still has his check framed in his den.

I dont think we have to wonder what Dabo will do.

Re: you are questioning the man that walked around the athletic

Jul 8, 2020, 10:39 AM

He could apply to coach O's football camp! I'm sure they would be happy to help him out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 1:05 PM

If Dabo were going to donate a portion of his pay, he would have done it by now. So many coaches that make so much less have already taken a pay cut. No way!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic