Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Roy Cohn and Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 330

Roy Cohn and Trump

Oct 19, 2020, 7:30 PM

For author Sam Roberts, the essence of Cohn’s influence on Trump was the triad: “Roy was a master of situational immorality . . . . He worked with a three-dimensional strategy, which was: 1. Never settle, never surrender. 2. Counter-attack, counter-sue immediately. 3. No matter what happens, no matter how deeply into the muck you get, claim victory and never admit defeat.” As columnist Liz Smith once observed, “Donald lost his moral compass when he made an alliance with Roy Cohn.”

This is a cut and paste from a Vanity Fair article from years ago. For those of you who don’t know, Roy Cohn was the lawyer that defended McCarthy in the 50s. He was trumps lawyer for many years. He’s considered one of the most evil lawyers ever. Brilliant, but the most immoral guy ever that was convicted for many crimes, but somehow got out of them. He stated his goal in life was to die owing the IRS millions. He succeeded

In my opinion, trumps biggest flaw is he has to attack anyone who attacks him. So stupid to attack Fauci at this point. He saw him on 60 minutes last night, and he just can’t help himself from firing back whenever he is insulted. Especially making fun of a 79-year-old man not throwing a good pitch. That is just juvenile. I think many of his opponents have figured this out, and realize all they have to do is attack him and he will make a fool of himself by counterpunching. I’m not suggesting that Fauci was thinking this far ahead, but maybe 60 Minutes was.

Trump certainly seems maybe 20 years younger than Biden. But even though he seems energetic, sometimes I wonder if he’s not losing his mind. From a political standpoint, at this point how does it make sense to attack Fauci? He is so driven by revenge, that he can’t think strategically. Just my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wrong

Oct 19, 2020, 7:42 PM

“Donald lost his moral compass when he made an alliance with Roy Cohn.”

Donald never had a moral compass.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoy these***

Oct 19, 2020, 9:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought America needed a corrupt, mobbed-up President?***

Oct 20, 2020, 11:24 AM

Re: Roy Cohn and Trump

Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 AM

Donald has always been a malignant narcissist. He may have just been better at hiding it once. (Roy Cohn was also the same personality type by all accounts.)

The "attack anyone who attacks you" thing was just a trait he and Roy Cohn shared. If you look at the personality traits included in the bundle that is a malignant narcissist, it includes extreme narcissism (obviously), but also anti-social personality disorder (a sociopath), paranoia, and idiosyncratic aggression.

That latter trait is what you're dealing with, because it's a fancy way of saying: "a guy who can't get over stuff and absolutely has to lash back at anyone he perceives has ever wronged him." Because of the other traits in that bundle, that list is incredibly long in Donald's case...and usually ends up including the majority of people he comes in prolonged contact with.

In a malignant narcissist, along with the extreme narcissism, complete lack of moral compass of a sociopath, and paranoia, that trait is pathological - meaning, it's embedded in the subject's operating system so deeply it's pretty much a default setting.

He really just can't help himself. He thinks he's been done wrong, he has to settle up. No matter how stupid and counter-productive and untimely it is.

Oct 20, 2020, 7:22 PM

Yes I agree that Trump‘s personality was evident before he met Cohn. I just think it’s interesting how those two seemed to connect.

The crazy thing is I like trumps policies better than Biden’s for the most part. And it does bother me that Biden is so old and lacks energy. But at this point I don’t care if my taxes go up some. It’s just a very uneasy feeling having a nut job like Trump as the leader of the free world.

Yep...***

Oct 20, 2020, 7:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 7:54 PM

No facts, no quotes or citations of tangible items...just opinions. Worthless.

Replies: 7
| visibility 330
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic