Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 756

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 9, 2019, 7:59 AM

Friday, Sharkgirl work Christmas party. Way too much booze.

Saturday, up early to get ready for the fish fry. I ended up with about 4 times the fish and why more bread than I needed. Good times by all, too much drinking at the hands of my Dad's girlfriend.

Sunday, recovery.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

laxtastic

Dec 9, 2019, 8:05 AM

Daughter had another lax tourney in Alpharetta. Games all day Sat....was gonna go to local Clemson club bar to watch game sat but she was exhausted so watched from hotel room.

Went 3-0 sat so more games on Sunday....ended up going 5-1 and lost in final. Not bad for a team of 8th and 9th graders against full high school age teams. Stopped at the Varsity Town Center on way home, got home about 4:30 and crashed.

9/10 weekend with daughter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 9, 2019, 8:07 AM

Good. Posted in Greenr's thread. 10/10

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whale.....

Dec 9, 2019, 8:08 AM

Repost since this is the OFFICIAL WEEKEND REPORT THREAD!!! (Greenr can sukathicdink)

Friday night spent driving back from Charleston because work took me there with no option but to head home at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon in the rain in Charleston. Rest is obvious.

Back in Colatown I bought my first spicy chicken sammich from Popeyes. Hype is real. Service is slow, but sammich didn't disappoint. Saturday got up, got wife and kids out of house to church for play practice, then off to Lowes and patched a drywall hole caused by wife's car. Then fixed the surround sound in the media room because the hamster formerly housed there ate the speaker wires. Wifey returns with kids. Then I put up the Christmas wreaths outside on the windows. Wife made a Sam's run. Come 4pm I settled down to watch football with some dark likker and beer. Was thoroughly sloshed by the end of the Clemson game.

Sunday woke up and went to church for the play practiced the pervious day. Ate lunch, came home, corrected a report for work, changed kids into cub scout uniforms and off to the Lexington parade. 10yo walked, and 5yo rode in the vintage 1968 deuce and a half. I had to ride in the truck to keep kids from falling out. All survived unscathed. Left parade with all three tiglets while wife escaped to her momma's house to watch White Christmas with her mom and sister. Took kids to see dad in the nursing home, since I promised him I would see him this weekend. Mom was there too. Kids managed not to electrocute themselves or make a huge mess. Off to Wendy's for supper, brought home supper, ate and off to baths and bed. 15 minutes after 2yo gets to sleep wife comes home from her White Christmas movie marathon. I go to bed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 8:08 AM

I thought we already did this today.

Friday...drank

Saturday...hungover and then watched football.

Sunday...ate..cleaned house...football...tnet...short trip to gym.

Fun

Dec 9, 2019, 8:13 AM

Fri, fished 2 lakes, caught lots o fish, went to work Christmas Party, did not have sushi/disappoint

Sat - Fished in the morning, not so good this time, drove up to Charlotte with frands, ate at King's Kitchen, enjoyed game

Sun - Drove to Clemson to pickup kids from in-laws, spent the rest of the day at home.

Whaaaaat is going on?

Dec 9, 2019, 8:23 AM

Friday: Wife sprung some kind of living Christmas tree at the last minute on me. Kids hated it. She loved it. Was meh. Except for one little Whitney Houston on stage who did a great job. MauldinT

Saturday: Running errands. Christmas parade. Christmas festival in the next town over. Then groceries. Was tired.

Sunday: Lazy day.

Not bad.gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Most excellent

Dec 9, 2019, 8:28 AM

Friday gathered with friends at Holiday Brewing, some of whom I hadn’t seen in over a year. Beer was good, pizza was good, company was better.

Saturday got my SCBA apron, ran into a buddy from Clemson days I hadn’t seen since graduation, cruised the Coon Dog Show. Went home and cleaned out the gutters (I like being outside so even that was fun). Watched our Tigers feast on white meat.

Sunday slept late, pittled around, did some miscellaneous yard work, stared off into space while sitting on the deck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Which coon dog show?***

Dec 9, 2019, 8:36 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Union County***

Dec 9, 2019, 8:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I recall going to the Grand American in Orangeburg

Dec 9, 2019, 8:43 AM

and something in Salisbury, N.C. with my dad. Of course he had his own club that had small events.

Apparently this thing went on for days

Dec 9, 2019, 8:54 AM

With coon hunts, fox hunts, a squirrel hunt, car show, training workshops, bluegrass festival, etc.

And the last chance at SCBA tea of the year.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

What day was the Kid Rock concert?***

Dec 9, 2019, 9:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We used to go to the coon dog festival in Saluda, NC.

Dec 9, 2019, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Union County*** ]

Haven't been in years, was always a fun time.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very busy!

Dec 9, 2019, 8:29 AM

Friday, two gkids programs, chicken marsala dinner, booze
Saturday, Gkid Bball and Fball games, 6 yr old had 4 baskets and 2 TD's, fast rascal! Rode to Clemson to check on house build and shop at various stores, got back to Gvegas to watch Uga get it in the rear by a buncha dirty cajuns, Picked up an Australian friend at GSP and went DT to watch Tigers feast on the hoos, had Hazy Lil Things and too much gin...
Sunday, family reunion where the cousin's son(coot) apologized for his last Sunday rant about Tiger fans. Apology cam within minutes after he walked in door.
Sun nite at The Commons, having Comm Tap beers
9.1/10! Thanks!

Welp, the Tigers won, the Panthers lost but I didn't die.

Dec 9, 2019, 8:33 AM

Spent the weekend looking at houses on Sugar and Beech Mountains. Think we may have found one but still looking.

Wish Dabo had gone for 2 after the last TD to make it 63 - 17.

9/10. Will dew again...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

It's the Aero vs Greenr interwebs cage mstch....

Dec 9, 2019, 8:38 AM

Friday took wife to doctors appointment. Ate lunch. Locked keys in truck. Cost $53. Ate Marie Calenders for supper. Bed.

Watched westerns. Cut up leaves in backyard with John Deere. Ate hot dogs and chili. Watched Tigers glorious victory.

Watched westerns. Watched EPL soccer. Had two youngest granddaughters come over for a visit. Wish I had their energy. Wow. Watched NFL. Made asparagus and shrimp fettuccine alfredo for me and grannie.

Pretty good weekend. Would do again. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rough - spent 3 days moving

Dec 9, 2019, 8:40 AM

Fri - got everything unloaded and officially moved into the new spot. feels weird being on the other side of town. built a fire in the fire pit on the back patio, got pretty tore up celebrating

Sat - kept unpacking until UGAg game. loved that beat down. #### the dawgs. parlayed those celebratory whiskeys into our title game. i was asleep before the end of the game lollers. went total 7spots w/ just me and the wife in the new crib

Sun - kept unpacking and trying to get ready for the week. set up the Christmas tree and other decorations.

8/10 for getting the move knocked out. now we have a good 4 months of unpacking and straightening up to do.

protip: In 4 months if you have boxes that are still

Dec 9, 2019, 9:20 AM

unpacked, just throw them out.

for the 2nd weekend in a row, my fantasy football team

Dec 9, 2019, 8:57 AM

didn't get the "championship phase" memo i sent out.

Started out shaky, but got MUCH better.

Dec 9, 2019, 8:57 AM

Thursday night, drank beers and officially started the Christmas season like a any sane person would do...by watching Charlie Brown Christmas.

Friday, slept great the night before, wake up just before 8 and Pulp Fiction is coming on, so it looks like this is going to be a fantastic day! Watched most of it, but the pup was begging to go out so walked her down the road where she proceeds to find another mutt's poop and promptly rolls in it and completely covers her right front quarter panel from the neck (and collare & leash) down. Drag her home, give her a bath in the tub because it's too cold outside, then clean the bathroom from top to bottom, then get a shower of my own. Ran errands, got home in time to meet Joonyer and keep his pup since they were off to Durham for Marcus King, got both out to pee and poop, and my pup proceeds to throw up what looked to be a kiddie pool size puddle of partially digested food. Now I have top restrain two dogs from walking through or eating the vomit while I try and clean that mess up. Mrs. gets home around 6:30, I collapse into the Big Chair, drink beers, and watch football just glad to be done with the day.

Saturday, Mrs. tells me when I get up that she managed to lead the pup to same pile of poop, dog rolls in it and she gets to bathe the dog and cleanm the bathroom. AFTER I TOLD HER EXACTLY WHERE IT WAS DOWN THE STREET. Mrs. then went out early to go Christmas shopping, I stay home and wrangle canines until Joonyer gets there around noon. Sit down and watch some football, get some chores done, then Mrs. comes home for a break before dragging me off to Walmart to help her get stuff for a Christmas party she's doing at school for the Spanish club. Get home about 6:30, get pup out, and crack first beer before the game starts. Clemson did not disappoint, and I was really impressed with Perkins from UVA. That kid completely carried an undermanned team on his back. Mendenhall seems to be a really good guy too, and I hope he's able to raise the bar at UVA. Watched the end of Ohio State and crashed.

Sunday, slept in, got up and did coffee and sports news, then to grocery store. Home to put groceries away, watch first half of Panties game, then off to pick up birthday present for Mrs. then over to RH Mom's for a visit. Home to walk pup and eat, poured a drink and flopped into the Big Chair and had Wonder Woman movie then Suicide Squad movie on in the background and read. Both seem very stupid, but I'm not much for superhero movies. Finally off to bed at 11.

Not the most exciting weekend, but Clemson football was a highlight. I usually like a little more action and a lot less poop/vomit combo, so 9.99 weekend.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was great!!!!!

Dec 9, 2019, 9:02 AM

Friday: MfOjr. and I finished the tree. Made a homemade pizza, wrapped a few gifts.

Saturday: Worked a little. Jr. and I went shopping, watched college football, went to town's Christmas parade, the watched Clemson kick tail!!!

Sunday: Went to church and watch jr. in program. Ate lunch with my mom, played the "tickle" game and threw football before taking him back to his mom for a couple of days. :( Went Christmas shopping, grilled before bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome. 2-0 on the feetsball field

Dec 9, 2019, 9:07 AM

Friday, Messican with the fam. Margaritas and watched Utah lay an egg. Was really pulling for them to get some new blood in the CFP

Saturday. Headed to Rock Hill to deliver an AZS whippin to some 12 year olds. .... and delivered.

Mauldin, SC 12U will be playing for SCAP State Championship Saturday Dec 14 against Ohio (MT. Pleasant, SC) Wish us luck against the invading Yankee hoard.

Since car full of stinky 12 year olds, didnt go to charlotte. Got home in time to find wife of with new Ninja air fryer thingy (discussed in other thread.) She cooked 4 or 5 different kinds of wings and other goodies.

Clemson game was as expected. Muse got burned and we won convincingly.

Sunday, Blew leaves and did a little lumberjacking with some logs in back yard. Grilled out and had a bit of family time.

Monday morning seggs so the rest of today is profit.

Hope it stops raining. Football and basketball practice tonight.

It was phishtastic!!

Dec 9, 2019, 9:11 AM

Went to all 3 phish shows, melted my face off with heavy halluinogens and drank heavy,think, bitter craft beer all weekend.

j/k like i'd do any of that.

Basically suffered a cold all weekend and watched football. But I've been off work since Wednesday so it didn't really matter.

Absolutely amazing 11/10

Dec 9, 2019, 9:19 AM

Friday: Company Christmas party at a place called Mandolin in Raleigh. Great farm to table kinda setup and unlike most Christmas parties, I really enjoy the folks I work with so its always a good time. Got pretty intoxicated and had some great trout.

Saturday: As it was my birthday, I woke up to eggs and pancakes and presents. Red really flexed my wallet for me and bought a Peloton for the house. A male version of the popular commercial will be coming as soon as the bike arrives (hopefully today). Got all the leaves out of the yard and mowed the front. Im about over this #### for the season, but theres probably one more good weekend of leaves. ####, showered and shaved and sat down for a quick slice of pizza. Red also planned a surprise party for me and invited some friends into town to stay. Threw said party at my favorite bar, the infamous Players Retreat and everyone from friends to family came, around 25 people in total. Watched Clemson dominate while throwing back some delicious National Bohemians.

Sunday: Did absolutely nothing until dinner. We had a gift card to Sullivans Steakhouse so paired that with my birthday and went there for dinner. Had Oyster Rockefeller, caesar salad and a very rare filet mignon with a tall glass of red wine and cheesecake for dessert.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Absolutely amazing 11/10

Dec 9, 2019, 9:44 AM

Happy belated birthday!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

halftime drama was exciting

Dec 9, 2019, 9:20 AM

I am not talking about the guy who won the football chunk contest that cried about winning, I am talking about the UVA antics. The guy wanted to get a degree to read outloud or something

I think that when teams come out on the field at the end of halftime, they get ready for the first half on their own side Shorty ?

Well Clemson kickers were on our side getting ready and UVA was in their end zone taking up the whole width of the field. A Clemson kicker kicked a ball into UVA's endzone on our side of the field and it bounced past them. A UVA player picked it up and tossed it back toward the 50 yard line and almost hit one of our players. Later when a Clemson kicker was kicking the ball off a tee toward our endzone, a UVA player came up and knocked it off the tea while the Clemson player was getting ready to kick. The same UVA player did it again a couple of mins later.

Good thing we ran up the score on those loosers

Couple of other things:
Tailgating on top of the parking deck near the stadium was fun. Didn't stay there long, but it was a nice place to hang out
Young's Cafe in Pendleton was pretty good for bfast, cheap, good, and lots of food
$1.50 corndogs at Nick's on Friday was pretty good

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Amazing

Dec 9, 2019, 9:49 AM

hard to not have an amazing weekend.

Friday - kids' daycare Christmas play. Grilled some salmon, steak and couscous. Bed early after kids went down.

Saturday - woke at 530am, head to airport, fly to Charlotte. Arrive at 11am, go immediately to Valhalla for lunch as I was starving. Couple beers and lunch. Nap from 1-3 in the hotel room to prepare for the onslaught. Head to a couple tailgates to watch SEC Champ game. Then walked over to Haymaker (awesome place) and drank until 630. Went to game and watched the Hoos get absolutely blasted.

Girls in front of us were so drunk that they didnt make it to Halftime, however me and my buds had a good time making fun of them and flirting with them while they were there and hammers. No pigs.

Ink and Ivy after the game and then back down to some Irish Pub and Valhalla again. Then we ended up at The Westin bar until about 2am. Whirlwind

Sunday - wake up, gather my things, uber to airport and drink mimosas until about 1pm. Take off from airport and arrive at DTW about 3pm. Uber home and wife had a bottle of wine open and our neighbors were here with their kids. So my neighbor and I had a couple IPA's and jumped and tackled with the kids in the bounce house. I am not 100% sure that I was ever sober yesterday.....at least until about 9pm. I wasn't hammers at any point per say, but super skeptical if I could have passed a breathalyzer test. So I just never drove anywhere and had a good ol' time with kids and neighbor friends. Remarkably, I feel great today.

That is all. 10/10 easily

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was your new tat from Ink & Ivy the score,

Dec 9, 2019, 10:03 AM

a 5th ACC trophy, or something less predictable?

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Was your new tat from Ink & Ivy the score,

Dec 9, 2019, 10:07 AM

Dabos face.

Actually is was a really nice spot. Lots of liquor and beer options. Yard games on the patio. Good times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh. Tigers dominated, but APM was sick.

Dec 9, 2019, 10:20 AM

Had the creeping crud all week. Migrated from head to gut. Satdee I basically drank ginger ale and ate goldfish all day.

Felt better yesterday. Got the tree up. To bed early.

Feeling fine today.

8/10 - Tigers and LFC won. In dat CFP once again. Stomach bugs are never fun. I did not die. Still better than most days any coot will ever have.

DND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good, mostly a blur

Dec 9, 2019, 10:21 AM

Got pissed and shat on Friday, had a few beers to celebrate another week not dying on I-85. Came pretty close on verbally agreeing to buy a boat, but got cold feet. Back to considering a two boat solution.

Grilled burgers on the griddle Saturday, then watched football all day. Wife's coworker had a birthday party for her kid, so wife took babybum with her. Two hours of glorious, beautiful silence. It truly rejuvenated me, felt like a new man.

Almost did some yard work yesterday but decided it was too cold. Looked at beach property around Murrells Inlet which is surprisingly affordable. Found a doublewide not too far from the beach and a marina for $50k, definitely piqued my interest. The Upstate is too fuggin' crowded these days, need a getaway.

Back to work this week after sitting in soul sucking traffic for over an hour this morning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in murrells thurs and friday

Dec 9, 2019, 12:15 PM

I definitely like the marshwalk area where my friend lives, but its crowded there, too.

Messed around ALMOST won a state championship

Dec 9, 2019, 10:40 AM

Friday: ran errands, weight training for the team. FBCoachSC® catches my daughter singing at a local event. Bed

Saturday: good first day at tournament, had run in with dude who hates my guts, will expand on that later.

Sunday: woke up smelling a champioship, won the semis, get to the finals, tied with ten minutes to go, GK make a bad decision, ended up losing. This team hadn't lost all year and we really had them on the ropes (theyarewhowethoughttheywere.gif.) For any of those of you who think I am just a softie coaching teens, GK comes out crying and said, coach it was my fault, I said "Yep, it was, but it's over, no need to relive it."
Anyway, got tons of pictures had a great time and back to real life. Prepping for surgery tomorrow (would appreciate the T's and P's) and drinking "purple" flavored mag citrate.

Those of you claiming I am full of #### will be wrong in about 4 hours

11/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 10:46 AM

Friday: dinner and beers with some friends.

Saturday: long walk, worked around the house, watched football.

Sunday: felt like crap, slept most of the day, watched Watchmen marathon.

8/10.

Sick Fri, Sat, Sun

Dec 9, 2019, 12:09 PM

Still at home today. Did manage to mix in some redhead things and also watch football. Tiger Repeat!

-10/10 for sickness. 10/10 for Tiger domination and redhead things.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Replies: 35
| visibility 756
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic