Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
question about CU-USC rivalry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

question about CU-USC rivalry

Aug 20, 2016, 6:32 PM

what's the relationship dynamic between the two schools when it comes to fooball, how does one perceive the other? I know as a bama fan we look at auburn like the little brother who's inferior to us in talent that gets lucky once in a while. Due to their inferior skill in football, they overcompensate by taking on an elitist attitude because their academics are a bit better than ours. So in comparison of the iron bowl rivalry, what's it like for y'all. I know Clemson has a national championship and more wins than USC without even looking at the record books. Just wanted to hear it from your perspective

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: question about CU-USC rivalry

Aug 20, 2016, 6:37 PM

Cooter time

The gamecocks

Aug 20, 2016, 8:04 PM

are inferior in academics and athletics!

Aug 20, 2016, 6:44 PM

They have the state-supported law school and second med school. We have a substantially better reputation academically (undergrad), a 25 game lead in football and a 38 game lead in baseball (although they've won two national championships). They have a better record in basketball.

They hang a huge importance in being in the SEC.

How does the SEC feel about them as a member?

We have a tiger as a mascot - they have a male chicken.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 20, 2016, 6:58 PM

i find myself wondering just why in the hell the SEC decided to allow south carolina in very often, that's how I feel about them. They had like four good years in a row and have done #### else the other 20 seasons, making the SEC East even worse

Aug 20, 2016, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: question about CU-USC rivalry ]

Are you sure it's a male chicken? Their mascot does wear a dress. Let's just call it gender fluid.

Aug 20, 2016, 6:44 PM

I think I smell something!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have the same as you have to AU except we have Accademic***

Aug 20, 2016, 6:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same but our academics are better as well***

Aug 20, 2016, 6:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2016, 6:58 PM

They're not even close to being an "auburn typed little brother". The ##### moment of glory a few years back (2010-13) consisted of no national championships, no conference championships and no bcs bowls. Pitiful and pathetic

Aug 20, 2016, 7:04 PM

you know it's funny because I graduated UA as an out of stater who didn't know all that much about southern college football history when I first came down here in 2010. I was under the impression that South Carolina was actually a very solid program because they were winning 11 games for those 4 years in a row. But I learned, I learned

Why did you get "the impression" that SC was good? Because they're in the SEC?***

Aug 20, 2016, 7:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Why did you get "the impression" that SC was good? Because they're in the SEC?***

Aug 20, 2016, 7:35 PM

no, because the first four years I happened to start paying close attention to college football, they went 11-2 every year. It's not the SEC that's dominant, it's bama. #### rooting for a conference

Gotcha. Learn from your mistakes though, you can't judge something for only 4 years of info.

Aug 20, 2016, 7:47 PM

If you judged the USA on the past 4 years vs 210 years, we wouldn't look too good! ??

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Re: Gotcha. Learn from your mistakes though, you can't judge something for only 4 years of info.

Aug 20, 2016, 7:49 PM

lol I hear you on that one, man. But I'm saying I already realize what time it is now..I've gained more perspective about the college football landscape the last few years and notice the parity it now has

(First 30 years weren't pretty!)***

Aug 20, 2016, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Gotcha. Learn from your mistakes though, you can't judge something for only 4 years of info. ]

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Re: Gotcha. Learn from your mistakes though, you can't judge something for only 4 years of info.

Aug 21, 2016, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Gotcha. Learn from your mistakes though, you can't judge something for only 4 years of info. ]

You must have forgot about Slavery, The Trail Of Tears and Jim Crow.

Please expand. Thanks***

Aug 22, 2016, 7:36 PM

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Re: Why did you get "the impression" that SC was good? Because they're in the SEC?***

Aug 20, 2016, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Why did you get "the impression" that SC was good? Because they're in the SEC?*** ]

You seem to get it, but our "little red headed step-brother" believes that because they are in the conference with you - they are you. You don't know just how long they have wanted to belong to something, anything that they could claim to be a factor in. They still are waiting, and I think they will wait a long time. They do have a pretty good women's equestrian team, though, and they have had some success at baseball. That;s about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2016, 8:39 PM

oh believe, I get embarrassed when the likes of uSuC (is it weird when I say it?) vandy or kentucky boast about the SEC as if that makes them look any better. In fact, the ACC Atlantic is head and shoulders ahead of the SEC East, it's not even close. We should never have added South Carolina or Missouri to the SEC

Aug 21, 2016, 12:42 PM

Totally agree! Neither belongs, and they are just clingers, hoping to catch a crumb from the "big boys". You are also very accurate that the Clemson side of the ACC is better than the SEC least.

Dec 4, 2022, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: question about CU-USC rivalry ]

...and a 3 yr probation.

is your "little brother" in the pokey?

Aug 20, 2016, 7:35 PM

most of the time, ours is.....

We are to SCAR a lot like you explained Bana vs AU but our academics are a LOT

Aug 20, 2016, 7:41 PM

Better than theirs. In high schools across the state they're known as a safety school and University of Second Choice.

Aug 20, 2016, 7:59 PM

We are their Daddy. They know it, and they despise it. The truth is so hurtful to them, though, and and it just gnaws at them 24-7. I really hate to sound so arrogant, but it is the truth. That is what just eats them up inside, but there is nothing they can do about it, and it only is going to get worse for a long time.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

Aug 20, 2016, 8:00 PM

Southern California are not our rivals..... HTH....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2016, 8:04 PM

I see what you did there

Lots of ways you could go there

Aug 20, 2016, 8:47 PM

Clemson is a top 20 public university and ranked among the top 25 schools for the money it costs among all colleges in the country. South Carolina didn't even rank in the top 300. They consider us to be the stepchild in the state despite the fact that they rank lower than us in nearly all categories. Our engineering school is considered one of the best in the country. And don't even get me started on architecture. Clemson is as tough as it gets. As for athletics, we've dominated them in nearly every single category. The football record isn't even close. Yeah, they're better in basketball histoircally but we admit that we suck there. Clemson is definitely not a basketball school. Basically we own them in every category that we care about. They're our ####### in practically every category. I'll give them international business but other than that they have nothing. And we don't even have an international business school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not a rivalry

Aug 20, 2016, 9:00 PM

We dominate them in everything.

Now Clemson-FSU...that's a rivalry.

Re: It's not a rivalry

Aug 20, 2016, 9:08 PM

Clemson-FSU is akin to Bama-LSU

I don't remember us playing usc

East coast, west coast thing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't remember us playing usc

Aug 20, 2016, 9:07 PM

humorous but you're already a little late on that joke, someone already did it

As Dabo says, Carolina is in Chapel Hill (UNCheat) and USC

Aug 20, 2016, 9:16 PM

is in California.

The fighting dirt peckers lost the legal fight with the Trojans over USC / SC marks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't remember us playing usc

East coast, west coast thing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2016, 9:52 PM

Let me put it this way. South Carolina has an Alabama mouth with a Vandy trophy case. Steve Spurrier was one of the best coaches in SEC history and never won anything at SCAR and gave up. SCAR is recognized nationally as one of the most delusional fan bases. They really think they matter. Clemson has 19 conference championships, they have 1 from 1969. We have dominated them in football and they still REALLY believe a 2009-2013 streak changed everything. You can't compete them to Audurn, they NEVER beaten Auburn. SCAR is to the SEC what NC State is to the ACC, a wannabe program that had a few good years but lives in the shadow of their rivals.

Aug 20, 2016, 9:56 PM

I see, you had me on that first line though. Mouth of Bama with the trophy case of vandy, funny

USC has been and always will be

Aug 20, 2016, 10:10 PM

inferior to Clemson in everything from football to academics to the beauty of each campus to whatever you can think of. Clemson is the superior, monarch university in the state of South Carolina.

We don't like them. They suk. That about covers it***

Aug 20, 2016, 11:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2016, 11:38 PM

http://www.winsipedia.com/clemson/vs/south-carolina

Just look there for the reality of the two programs, with the real stats. Only thing they have on Clemson is having 1 Heisman winner (which has a chance to change with Watson). Otherwise, Clemson is superior on every other level. They had a 5 yr run, that ended in no Championships, no BC'S berths, and a 3 yr probation for over $80K of violations, including a recruiting violation involving current NFL player Damiere Byrd...and that's the extent of their dominant side of history.

Aug 20, 2016, 11:45 PM

We've never played USC to my knowledge.

They're an excellent school, but more focused on medicine. We're more about engineering/architecture.

They're private, we're public.

They're urban, we're rural.

We don't really cross paths, so there's no rivalry.

Aug 20, 2016, 11:52 PM

Oh, but we have (the real USC)...1966, we lost 33-0.

Aug 20, 2016, 11:55 PM

*30-0

Clemson is The University of South Carolina.***

Aug 21, 2016, 1:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We haven't played USC since 1966

Aug 21, 2016, 2:03 PM

the first and last time we ever played in fact.
That might change this year.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

We think they sukk, and they know we're their Daddy!!!***

Aug 21, 2016, 3:24 PM

Aug 22, 2016, 7:40 PM

Clemson does not have a rivalry with usc! We do have a rivalry with univ. of sc.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic