Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Patent Office can stop Redskin usage, can they PAWerize us?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,246

If Patent Office can stop Redskin usage, can they PAWerize us?

Jun 19, 2014, 12:10 AM

Saying...our GOV has gotten so out of control and Communist-like, anything is possible with this crowd we have now running our government..

like telling Clemson it can't use the PAW logo anymore since other Tigers don't like it being used out of context..as well as other Animals/Indians/People/Feet/Insects/Weather Patterns are scared of the PAW..like Chickens, Deacons, Noles, Tar Heels, Bees, Cardinals, Hurricanes, etc.

What do you say?! GoTiGERs1

Message was edited by: lightbulbbill®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without LbB in the ROH, I think the gov sux.

Jun 19, 2014, 12:13 AM

It's a disservice...wait..why did four blacked out SUV's pull up in my driveway.......did I say something... hang on, let me answer the door...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proof that LbB belongs in the ROH link

Jun 19, 2014, 12:28 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1349548

And Hartins. Seriously, it's sirius Thursday and you guys deserve a curtain call. From one righter to annuder, thanx.
;)

Heyyy, let's change Tar Heels to TURD-HOLES...

Jun 19, 2014, 12:57 AM

...and FIRE SWOFFORD!!! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Patent Office can stop Redskin usage, can they PAWerize us?

Jun 19, 2014, 12:59 AM

Bill it will be over in 11/2 years and it will correct itself. Then the other party will get over confident and over reach and they will lose. It's called democracy and it will work over the long term but will have ups and downs.

They didn't stop the usage of "Redskins"

Jun 19, 2014, 7:40 AM

They said it was no longer protected by copyright law. Thus anyone can use the term (not the team logo) for marketing or revenue purposes.

no intent there at all.***

Jun 19, 2014, 7:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one is that ignorant.

Jun 19, 2014, 8:44 AM

It has to be obstinance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's not a matter of ignorance, it's a matter of people

Jun 19, 2014, 8:57 AM

believing the fed agency is in the right and has just left the decision up to snyder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not claiming what the intent was

Jun 19, 2014, 10:14 AM [ in reply to no intent there at all.*** ]

There is certainly an agenda, I just prefer to see facts discussed, not hyperbole.

The fact is this is an overt act by the federal government

Jun 19, 2014, 10:17 AM

to coerce a private owner to change a "name" they find offensive.

discuss.

Much as the emancipation proclaimation

Jun 19, 2014, 11:21 AM

was a presidential decree (not a law) freeing slaves in rebelling states. Let's not act like the executive branch has never before or never will again influence laws without the support or approval of congress.

You may or may not support the issue, but to make this out to be an issue of an overbearing government is a bit of a reach in my opinion. These tactics are used all the time by both parties to advance their agendas.

Saying the travesty existed prior doesn't warm me where

Jun 19, 2014, 11:29 AM

i need it most. We're because of people that said it was OK then, so it's OK now.

It's a travesty of justice or due process or unbridled, ungranted power none the less.

I agree

Jun 19, 2014, 1:39 PM

but things like this were rarely mentioned on tigernet under prior administrations. I feel most people don't really care about the core issue of bypassing the legislative process as long as it suits their politics. However when it doesn't, suddenly it becomes a travesty of government.

i don't go to the p&r/lunge/general boards for that reason.

Jun 14, 2018, 11:12 AM

i don't know if we have the same remedy, but i certainly agree with you on the far too often, political nature of things.

Re: I'm Offended

Jun 19, 2014, 2:18 PM

by the word "Gamecocks" I believe Obama's patent office should ban the Gamecocks.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,246
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic