Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I always felt like Mark May was an idiot....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I always felt like Mark May was an idiot....

Oct 5, 2015, 7:53 AM

and his comments after Clemson's win on Saturday confirms it.

Paraphrasing here but he said something to the effect, I do not have Clemson in my top ten becasue I am not convinced they are a top ten team. I need to see them beat at least one more team currently ranked inside the top ten.

So now Mark May holds Clemson to an entirely different standard than every other team in the country? How many wins against top ten opponents does Ohio State, TCU, Baylor, Michigan State, Utah, LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M and Oklahoma have?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I always felt like Mark May was an idiot....

Oct 5, 2015, 7:57 AM

ESECPN you answered your own question.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May is an idiot

Oct 5, 2015, 7:58 AM

but I will say the old college football final with Holtz and May was much better than Joey Galloway and that other shmo sitting on crushed velvet chairs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.....Thank You.

Oct 5, 2015, 8:14 AM

College Football Final is awful!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It actually seems to hurt May physically to say anything

Oct 5, 2015, 7:59 AM

good about Clemson.

When he praises Clemson, you can almost tell he's doing it because he's in a position where not doing it would make him look stupid.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It actually seems to hurt May physically to say anything

Oct 5, 2015, 8:06 AM

Apex... you left out the suffix on the last word in your post... "StipidER"
;)

Re: It actually seems to hurt May physically to say anything

Oct 5, 2015, 8:34 AM [ in reply to It actually seems to hurt May physically to say anything ]

Couldn't have said it better!

Re: I always felt like Mark May was an idiot...I think he is

Oct 5, 2015, 7:59 AM

a hater and will always be one. it will always be one more team w bozos like him. the wins are enough. we dont need love or approval from bozos like him. the only thing he ever did I liked was give holtz carp

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watch that a few times.

Oct 5, 2015, 8:20 AM

Then I got tired of puking. They flipped a coin to decide which side of the topic they would defend. Most of the 'argument,' was taking shots at the other's argument than giving persuading information. Theater without actors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was infected by his retarded and retired now side kick for years***

Oct 5, 2015, 8:34 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

YES - LMAO "infected by his side-kick for years"

Oct 5, 2015, 10:14 AM

he did an 180 degree turnaround after game - pre-game - how N.D. would run over us because of their big lines! Then post-game, he was applauding our line play - esp. D. and credited them with our victory - wide-eyed both times!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soon he'll jump on the Young Bus with the team ridin'

Oct 5, 2015, 8:40 AM

to the top of The Hill.

He is an idiot

Oct 5, 2015, 8:52 AM

Prior to the game, when he was asked if either Notre Dame or Clemson could get into the playoff with a loss, he said "No".

After the game was over, he not only couldn't say anything nice about Clemson, but then went on to start talking about how "Notre Dame isn't out of it and could be in the playoff picture running the table"

Complete backpedaling of his own pre-game opinion.

may is following the sEcSPN narrative

Oct 5, 2015, 9:44 AM

Which is that the ACC is the weakest conference and should be left out of the playoff. FSU is undefeated and not even in the top 10 and is behind one loss SEC teams.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark May misses his pal Loser LOU!

Oct 5, 2015, 9:49 AM

NM

If Clemson were playing in the NC game...

Oct 5, 2015, 9:53 AM

...and was leading by 4 touchdowns with 2:00 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, May would be extolling the opposition's opportunity to pull off a major upset, because folding is what Clemson does. If Clemson went on to win that game, he would qualify the win with the other team's disinterest in being there.

He is an ESECPN hack.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: I always felt like Mark May was an idiot....

Oct 5, 2015, 9:58 AM

If you have tuned in to any of his shows over the years you would see how assinine he is. Obnoxious and arrogant. Smh.

Well, you've never had any argument about it from me!***

Oct 5, 2015, 9:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark May is better than 95% of them

Oct 5, 2015, 10:17 AM

He is honest about his opinions and has been in the Tiger camp in the past. I can remember in 2013 he would favor us a lot because he liked Tajh Boyd so much.

And he said some good things about our defense after the ND win.

Just maybe don't agree with him here. But it's not bad logic. I agree it doesn't make sense to put OSU so high if you use that same logic. He ain't perfect.

Mark May was once a "homer"

Oct 5, 2015, 10:40 AM

In 2008, he projected that we would be great. He stuck his neck out for us and was proven wrong. Since then, he has been reluctant to pick us.

Also, I believe that he is an ex-offensive lineman. He has consistently underrated our Tigers because he saw us as weak on the O-Line. That is changing, of course, and is unknown to him and every other commentator. I think that he is a decent guy and will come around to our side. Clemson is on the verge of greatness because our O-Line and D-Line will both be very good in 2016 - and maybe even this year.

Besides, he ALWAYS dogged Lou Holtz. That should count for something in my book.

"he ALWAYS dogged Lou Holtz". That was just following the

Oct 5, 2015, 7:10 PM

scripted charade of the show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting, since we only have a single opportunity

Oct 5, 2015, 7:26 PM

to do that, assuming FSU doesn't lose.

Hey, maybe we should be glad we're held to a higher standard.

Clemson

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic