Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
a soccer post..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,900

a soccer post..

Oct 10, 2017, 11:31 PM

I am 54 years old and somewhat of a soccer "fan " - I guess. Played some when I was younger, but really don't enjoy it much as a spectator sport, except for the occasional game. Just to give some perspective to the younger rabid fans, we have been hearing for nearly 50 years now about how soccer is a "global" sport, and how it would eventually take over the US sports landscape. I find it hard to believe, given the size of our country, depth of resources, relatively large commitment to soccer, etc. etc. over the last few decades, that we cannot beat a team from a country a fraction of our size to make the world cup, let alone compete with the big boys on a regular basis. The program has to be considered a complete failure. We are not "almost there", nor are we really making much progress. Soccer moms, you have failed us ! Maybe a few less orange slices and healthy snacks and a few less participation trophies might help, along with some new leadership for USA soccer. The rest of the world plays for keeps.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...

Oct 10, 2017, 11:33 PM

You blame Mom?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So...

Oct 10, 2017, 11:37 PM

haha was trying throw a little sarcasm in there. My Mom was definitely not a healthy snacks soccer mom !

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,900
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic