Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s bike week in Myrtle Beach enjoy ACC football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

It’s bike week in Myrtle Beach enjoy ACC football

May 22, 2020, 5:14 PM

Y’all have fun and be careful, a lot of times it’s easy not to see a bike coming. Wear your helmets and masks!

ACC football special Saturday night 7 pm until

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: It’s black bike week in Myrtle Beach

May 22, 2020, 5:16 PM

The one week of the year I leave town.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 5:32 PM

Take cover-

May 22, 2020, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s black bike week in Myrtle Beach ]

I always enjoy the stories of unsuspecting tourist that show up for their nice quiet family vacation to 5 Thousand bikers letting it all hang out, ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 10:08 PM

My wife and I showed up 12 years ago for a quick weekend get away to be surprised it was black bike week. Experience to say the least.

May 22, 2020, 5:40 PM

It was never like that when I lived there in college & lifeguard on the beach. I showed up after working all night and half a day with reservations and arrived at 11pm on Friday night. Got my money back and drove the family to Topsail island, NC. I arrived after getting through Grand Strand traffic as the sun was rising on Saturday morning.

I always remind others if that isn’t your crowd. It was crazy, thought I was in an altered universe. I love all people but the language I heard from my car to the front desk was awful and my kids weren’t going to be around that.

Let’s Go Tigers!

May 22, 2020, 5:58 PM

The best job I ever had in my life was as a lifeguard on the beach at Myrtle Beach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 10:25 PM

Lacks beach service? Loved every minute of it.

Let’s Go Tigers!

May 23, 2020, 7:09 AM

I was a lifeguard with Lack's back in 1994. I had 2nd Ave South. I made $125 a week and fell in love with the first piece of tail i found. Needless to say I didn't stay long. I did stay around through BBW. Every store owner shut down for two weeks. The National Guard was brought in. Trash was scattered everywhere after the second week. People would chit all up in the beach grass, in the surf. It was a disgusting time. This was back when the main strip was four lanes wide. My have times changed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2020, 1:13 PM

I was there from Summer ‘86 to ‘90 while going to Coastal Carolina. I worked weekends in the spring and fall plus I started the day school was over everyday at the 1st of May.
I worked 3rd avenue south Holiday Inn in the spring a couples seasons. My 1st stand was 17th ave south Made 30% of umbrella rentals 30-55 umbrellas a day $250-400 week then My second year I had Captain Quarters/sea mist 9th Avenue south the rest of my career and made really good money there setting up 100+ umbrellas a day between $450 and $900 week plus averaged $300 in tips week in the summer. We never had Black bike week then but we had Harley week in July and they never tipped.

I loved the beach and had a blast. Did you know experienced lifeguards in LA, California make 365 thousand a year and work into their 60’s. I missed my calling...lol

Let’s Go Tigers!

Actually coming up to our place in north myrtle

May 22, 2020, 5:44 PM

Not planning on leaving the resort!

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

May 22, 2020, 5:48 PM

Black bike rally has been moved to Labor Day this year. They said they were coming this weekend anyway. Time will tell I guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 5:51 PM

Bikes everywhere for two weeks along with Harley week....wow

Let’s Go Tigers!

May 22, 2020, 6:03 PM

Harley rally’s been moved to mid July. Not expecting a big turnout.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s black bike week in Myrtle Beach ]

this will be the first year in about 15 years that we haven't been at the beach during black bike week. never had any trouble, but 1) we stayed fairly south, near the camp ground and 2) we came down S or M.. most of the "bike" crowd cleared out M or tues at the latest. had one small incident where a drunk guy was using foul language in the lobby, but his buddies cleared him out quickly. just a drunk, could have been white, asian, whatever. yes, some scantily clad ladies around. but we found most eating places open and the golf courses not busy at all. we did avoid the more northern beaches until late in the week. not going this year simply because some in our group are still concerned over covid.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 7:21 PM

I agree. I too have camped at the south side of MB over Memorial Day weekend for most of the last 15 years (and am here now) and the horror stories of this bike week are way overblown. Other than some plus sized, scantily clad backsides that should have more cover, and a bit more traffic delays if I make a trip to Bass Pro Shop, I’ve never encountered anything to be concerned about. Of course I am not crazy enough any more to venture into more shady areas after midnight, even if it isn’t bike week going on here ....

May 22, 2020, 5:56 PM

I have a black bike.

May 22, 2020, 5:58 PM

Not sure what part of having a black bike makes someone uncomfortable but to each their own. I've always found that red bike owners are the douches.

May 22, 2020, 8:54 PM

You should ride down there and join them. If your bike is black, then you’d fit in perfectly.

May 23, 2020, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: It’s black bike week in Myrtle Beach ]

Hey - my bike is red. Don't hate me because you're so slow in the canyons. You should take off your training wheels.

May 23, 2020, 11:24 AM

I've tried my wife keeps putting them back own.

May 22, 2020, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s black bike week in Myrtle Beach ]

Mine’s black and white. I guess I fit in any where.

You're amphibious!***

Jan 11, 2024, 10:50 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're amphibious!***

May 22, 2020, 6:45 PM

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter..."

RIP Charles Shackleford...

Yup. The gift that keeps on giving!***

May 22, 2020, 6:46 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 6:09 PM

Went to Dirty Myrtle exactly once and checked out 2 days early as it is not my schooner of ale.

May 22, 2020, 6:36 PM

They need to end this. If you have never experienced it, it is as gross as you can get. I, unfortunately, had a conference in MB during this bike fest. As I came to a red traffic light, I looked to my right and two were getting it on in a van with the doors open. Also, numerous women were on the back of motor cycles with most of their rear showing. Truly a low form of humanity. You can judge me however you want but that was a low point in my experiences.

May 22, 2020, 8:42 PM

Yes and I know for a fact that the vast majority of them are poor tippers. People in the restaurant industry there absolutely HATE black bike week.

May 22, 2020, 9:56 PM

Yep im a waitor at a restaurant in myrtle beach and black bike week is absolutely the worst week to work. Last year i had a few of them complain about me because they were giving me an attitude and i was giving it right back. Luckily some of the locals understand that we aren't going to make much money and they'll tip a little extra.

Joe Biden is riding down from Delaware on his Yamaha XS1

May 22, 2020, 6:46 PM

to remind them who they are voting for.

WHY IS THIS IN FOOTBALL Message board!!!!

May 22, 2020, 6:57 PM

My Ahmaud Arbery post got moved immediately!!! Things are just not right!!!

Re: WHY IS THIS IN FOOTBALL Message board!!!!

May 22, 2020, 7:26 PM

Due to Coronid-19, Black Biker week has been combined with Fall Harley Week. Things should go smoothly as both groups have so much in common. Hope we have a home game that week so we have a reason to be on the other end of the state.

You must not be from around heah. Black Biker Week

May 22, 2020, 10:57 PM [ in reply to WHY IS THIS IN FOOTBALL Message board!!!! ]

is a HUGE political football around Dirty Myrtle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 7:29 PM

IM A MOTOUR! Anybody jealous! Gazezzzz into the sunset!
Go Tigers!

Can you clarify what you mean by black bike?***

May 22, 2020, 7:48 PM

Re: Can you clarify what you mean by black bike?***

May 22, 2020, 9:07 PM

Black motorcycles only. And it is highly recommended that everyone also wear black helmets and black clothes. That’s the only thing it can mean. Cause to single out a certain ethnicity or race would be considered racist.

Re: Can you clarify what you mean by black bike?***

May 23, 2020, 11:24 AM

Not when they call it that. Only if you point it out or complain are you racist.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 8:50 PM

I've had a number of black bikes myself through the years . Glad to hear they're finally getting some recognition .

DB23

so i should leave this bad boy at home?

May 22, 2020, 10:26 PM
R_nX14kg.jpeg(246.4 K)

at least the bags are black

Re: so i should leave this bad boy at home?

May 22, 2020, 10:31 PM

Pretty bike!

Let’s Go Tigers!

Nice cruiser! Unfortunately for me, any time I even think

May 22, 2020, 10:55 PM [ in reply to so i should leave this bad boy at home? ]

about owning a bike and riding, I remember how my older brother had no ankle bone on the outside of one foot. It got ground off when he had to lay down his chopper on a paved road. Ouch. :(

May 22, 2020, 10:41 PM

From everything I can find online the vast majority of people will wait and attend in Sept. I'll be in Murrells Inlet/Garden City this next week. We normally stick to the neighborhood pool and Pawley's Island beach or Garden City pier when we are down there anyway so not sure how much interaction with the normal bike week crowd we would have anyway. We normally spend this weekend in the DC area but our host both have to work from home right now and logistically it wouldn't work so we are headed south instead. We shall see...

May 22, 2020, 10:53 PM

Don't know how bad it has been in recent years but back in the 90's store owners would shut down in the North Myrtle Beach area for the Black Biker week,just because of the stealing that would go on in Grocery Stores and Convenience Stores.Glad I live in Conway,don't have to put up with the sh!t here.

May 23, 2020, 9:53 AM

Considering the tone of many of the posts to this thread, have any of you noticed the racial makeup of our football and basketball teams?

May 23, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: It’s black bike week in Myrtle Beach ]

Considering the tone of many of the posts to this thread, have any of you noticed the racial makeup of our football and basketball teams?

May 23, 2020, 11:28 AM

I don’t think any of those players would be participating and behaving like the beach goers. The place is literally trashed everywhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of you ,probably, have no experience

May 23, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s black bike week in Myrtle Beach ]

with any type of bike week. Or any type of bike event. There's a huge difference in the two events held in Myrtle Beach. One goes off with not a glitch . . .no real problems. The other is totally different . It doesn't have to be that way . . but it is. I've been on bikes my entire life and have been to many events and bike situations.

I hear Biden is Coming***

May 22, 2020, 11:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2020, 8:05 AM

Years ago I stopped during a trip and there were several Black bikers there with their beautiful rides. Of course the guys were ###### (We Haul Our Rides Everywhere), so I lost all respect for them. I choose to actually ride my ride. Riding is the experience. The rest is just for show and is stupid.

That said, the guys were pleasant to talk to, and their rides were freaking awesome. It was just sad to see them not riding them.

May 23, 2020, 1:44 PM

I have a friend who owns a couple of businesses in Myrtle Beach, he will not open during these weeks. Says it is worth the loss of income for the peace of mind and he takes his family on vacation just to get out of town.

May 23, 2020, 3:23 PM

I'm in Cherry Grove section of NMB (wife & I have a 2nd home on the beach) and I seen a total of 6 motorcycles this weekend. Four were Harley "Baggers" and the other 2 were Harleys ridden by white folks. One rider had a flowing mane of blonde hair Rider was either a cute girl or good looking guy.

There are just no Bikers here in NMB this weekend. The beaches are CROWDED bigtime!!!!!!

We try and spend 4-5 months a year in CG and our fulltime home is on Lake Greenwood, SC. We love the water...

Life is good, real good...

WT

May 23, 2020, 10:53 PM

I saw 4-5 at a gas station just North of Conway. Haven't seen any since. Currently in the Murrells Inlet/Garden City area. Heard the beaches were packed but we got in too late today to go. One thing I can't figure out, the pools are closed at both golf communities we have folks with houses staying at. NC opened theirs today, I thought SC was ahead of NC in reopening. I guess not. We had planned to hang around the pool for the holiday weekend then do beaches after everyone went back to work

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic