Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Straight Pride parade in Boston.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 773

Straight Pride parade in Boston.

Jun 4, 2019, 9:11 PM

APM approves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, but...why?

Jun 4, 2019, 9:34 PM

Were you feeling oppressed as a heterosexual?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^not a proud hetero^^^^^***

Jun 4, 2019, 9:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only on this board..

Jun 4, 2019, 10:23 PM [ in reply to OK, but...why? ]

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Only on this board...what?

Jun 4, 2019, 11:57 PM

Somebody pointing out the absurdity of being proud to be part of a group that encompasses 95% of the population?

Congrats, I guess? I bet this point would be made in other boards as well, so your statement is factually incorrect.

-19B

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only on this board...what?

Jun 5, 2019, 6:09 AM

So what? If you’re in the majority of something you have to sit on your hands?? You only have a voice if you’re a minority? I really don’t get your line of thinking here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Word! O don't get it either.

Jun 5, 2019, 6:21 AM

Why people get upset of being proud of who you are?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's akin to this.

Jun 5, 2019, 9:10 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOmQP9guIl0

The obvious retort will be "well, what did gay people achieve to be proud of, if they're born that way just like straight people?" The answer should be fairly obvious though.

how bout this

Jun 5, 2019, 4:10 PM

its an excuse to have fun and party?

nah, lets go ahead try to determine its really about hate or whatever.

The rub is whether being proud is

Jun 5, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Word! O don't get it either. ]

the motivation or if it's in response to gay pride, which they have an issue with.

Pretty sure it's the latter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so now your in the bidness of determining motivation

Jun 5, 2019, 4:08 PM

got it

Anyone who can't see the motivation is

Jun 6, 2019, 8:51 PM

an imbecile.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Free country, bro, be proud of whatever you like.

Jun 5, 2019, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Only on this board...what? ]

But the only logical reason to be "proud" of being heterosexual is if you see homosexuals as a threat. Are you worried they're going to turn you or your children gay if you don't stand up for the integrity and merits of heterosexuality, via parades or other expressions of pride? Again...be proud of whatever you like, just pointing out the relative absurdity of this one.

I don’t think that’s how pride works.

Jun 5, 2019, 9:12 AM

Are you proud of your kids because you view other kids as a threat?

Personally, I think gay or straight pride is pretty stupid. I mean, you prefer dinks or jayjays. That’s great and all but really nothing to thump your chest about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it depends.

Jun 5, 2019, 9:22 AM

Have my kids been marginalized, ostracized, ridiculed, and physically abused for pretty much all of history until the last 20 years (in this country--let's not pretend 70% of the planet is anywhere close to our level of liberal on the topic)? I reckon I would be pretty proud if my kids and a small percentage of other kids banded together against systemic oppression, yeah.

"You like dinks or vajayjays, nothing to be proud of" is a ridiculous minimization of the path that got us to where we are today (and again, in the US specifically).

You’re misusing “pride” then

Jun 5, 2019, 9:27 AM

Celebrating the overcoming of oppression =/= pride, or at least it’s an incredibly overly-narrow definition of it.

Most gay pride parades I have seen aren’t solemn observances of newfound freedom so much as an opportunity to wear assless chaps and a sock on your wang and get hammered drunk. No one gets a monopoly on having that much fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I 100% support the right of straights to

Jun 5, 2019, 10:23 AM

wear assless chaps and a sock on your wang and get hammered drunk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that, friend, is how you reach consensus.***

Jun 5, 2019, 10:24 AM

You misspelled "consent".

Jun 5, 2019, 10:26 AM

#metoo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you see a lot of these parades?***

Jun 5, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to You’re misusing “pride” then ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Sir. Sir. Point of order.

Jun 6, 2019, 8:15 AM [ in reply to You’re misusing “pride” then ]

Clearly you haven't been to enough St. Paddy's Day parties in Savannah.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I see the gentleman's point and concede it.***

Jun 7, 2019, 12:29 PM

Re: Well, it depends.

Jun 5, 2019, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Well, it depends. ]

You sound gay.

Seriously.

But have you seen the the filth that comes out of the pride parades. Not sure how a homosexual could be proud of those antics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, here's the thing.

Jun 5, 2019, 4:18 PM

I really haven't SEEN the filth that comes out of these parades. Here's why: that "filth" isn't shown on 6 o'clock news, or in newspapers. You'd have to click on an explicit link intentionally, or attend one of these parades in person. So...who's the gay one here?

Look, I have no intention of rekindling our Tigernet bromance/feud, and if you attempt to go down that path, I'll take the high road. But if you believe that the guy wearing assless chaps is representative of every gay person, then you're an unadulterated homophobe who doesn't actually know any gay people.

Look at the virtue signaling from this nancy

Jun 7, 2019, 10:37 AM

"Ill take the high road" is just a way of saying, "i am a strawman that doesnt have an argument with a spine in it"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Look at you, defending your boyfriend, again.

Jun 7, 2019, 11:03 AM

You're such a faggot. I wish we were friends on Facebook, so you could unfriend me. Again, I mean.

We were never friends on the buddybook

Jun 7, 2019, 11:07 AM

This is literal fake news.

"Youre such a ######". So inclusive and on brand, bigot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, it depends.

Jun 6, 2019, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, it depends. ]

I've never watched or been to a gay pride parade. Can you tell us more about your experience?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Because its completely okay

Jun 7, 2019, 10:26 AM [ in reply to OK, but...why? ]

To be proud of your sexuality, no matter what you are. You should be free to be able to celebrate it.

Sounds like a bad case of queer envy***

Jun 4, 2019, 10:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Straight Pride parade in Boston.

Jun 5, 2019, 8:18 AM

I think this sums gay pride parades up well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rlE8UAK3mMM

lol!***

Jun 5, 2019, 12:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz. So if I think that anyone who

Jun 5, 2019, 10:29 AM

participates is dumb as dirt, does that make me gay?

I'm not for nor against this

Jun 5, 2019, 10:48 AM

it's just kinda there to me.

seems a little silly for some of the reasons 19b pointed out

seems like it's totally fair for them to do it if they want

this has 0 impact on me, so I really don't care other than to tell you fine folks that I could take it or leave it.

I’m for Football National Championship Parades in Clemson.

Jun 5, 2019, 12:12 PM

Think it should be an annual thing.

Most other parades F’ up traffic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The whole month of Gay Pride stuff is a little much

Jun 5, 2019, 1:28 PM

https://twitter.com/Bubbl3AndSqueak/status/1135290670506217474?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1135290670506217474%7Ctwgr%5E393039363b636f6e74726f6c&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fbudweiser-explains-the-flags-for-all-you-alphabet-haters.880096%2F

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The whole month of Gay Pride stuff is a little much

Jun 6, 2019, 8:28 AM

Like Uber making the tracker for your car a rainbow? Yeah, it’s too much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The whole month of Gay Pride stuff is a little much

Jun 7, 2019, 2:30 PM [ in reply to The whole month of Gay Pride stuff is a little much ]

Yup! A month of celebrating right at 4.5% of the population is a bit over the top in my opinion. Biden saying this will be priority #1 just about elects Trump in 2020. Seeing how well all that identity politics worked out in 2016. You reckon we have just few bigger issues confronting us today?

Being straight is no more a reason to be proud than being...

Jun 5, 2019, 7:49 PM

gay. Someone who has accomplished something has more right to claim pride than anyone who is born a particular way. It's not as if it took a lot of effort to want a woman unless one thinks wanting to sleep with a woman is a difficult struggle.

Same is true for gays unless they deep down want women then wanting men is natural. If that's how it is then they are lying about being a woman born in a man's body. I can't say, I'm just your run of the mill hetro.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being straight is no more a reason to be proud than being...

Jun 6, 2019, 8:11 AM

I think the "gay pride" part comes from the fact that they're a segment of the population that, until very recently, was at best ostracized and discriminated against into submission and at worst, outright intentionally harmed.

Straight people haven't had to fight those fights for being straight. Ever.

I hear they tend to enjoy submission though***

Jun 7, 2019, 12:11 PM

Disagree with your last sentence absolutely.

Jun 7, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Being straight is no more a reason to be proud than being... ]

But do you see Interracial marriage month and parades? nooooooooooo

Here's an analogy

Jun 6, 2019, 8:13 AM

Not my own, but thought it works here:

Straight people wanting Straight Pride parades is like people without disabilities demanding more parking spaces when a few handicapped folks get a few spots.

Thats not akin at all

Jun 7, 2019, 10:39 AM

Those parking spots are there for someone with a PHYSICAL disability allowing them easier access to something based on their limited mobility (or fat).

Someone celebrating their sexuality, gay or straight, is them celebrating who they are. This was a very stupid analogy. Youre not as woke as you like to tell yourself.

Re: Here's an analogy

Jun 7, 2019, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Here's an analogy ]

Way to compare apples to anvils Catahoula.

Re: Straight Pride parade in Boston.

Jun 6, 2019, 8:27 AM

As Larry the Cable Guy once said, “congrats on being gay, but I am straight and late, get out of the way.”

Replies: 45
| visibility 773
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic