Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had serious ankle surgery this year-picked up golf
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 396

Had serious ankle surgery this year-picked up golf

Jul 13, 2012, 8:46 PM

Before this Summer I hadnt played golf in almost 8 years(8th or 9th grade). However last Christmas Break I had some serious ankle surgery on a progressively dehabilitating condition that didnt recover as well as planned. Ive basically been resigned to hobbling around for the foreseeable future, even after extended physical therapy.

Needless to say, for a 21 year old student who had never not participated in intramural basketball, football, or frisbee till last semester, this has not been a pleasant experience.

Anyways, Ive picked up golf to satisfy my competitive nature and love of sports. I s(_)ck and am using a set of 1980/early 90s leftie silver scotts, but tomorrow I can have broken 100 5 times in a row. For someone with 2 months of experience and a bum ankle, Id consider that a good accomplishment.

Wish me luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My irons are 855's from that era, my putter is a Ping

Jul 14, 2012, 12:17 AM

Anser 2. Only my driver is current generation, and its a 5 or 6 year old R5.

They do great. I test the new clubs each year, nothing has done any better. Most do as good. But lots of new clubs are sold when the guy is in a slump, and a 10 minute lesson would fix the problem. Byron Nelson shot a bunch of 65's with persimmons and blades. Its the swing, not the stick.

Go have fun. If you want to get better, see a teacher before a salesman.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't need to go get the latest irons every other....

Jul 14, 2012, 9:53 PM

Year, But if you don't think you can play better with ( in my case ) ping g10's ( 5 yrs old now) than with ping eye 2's you're crazy. Distance is about the same but the forgiveness is not even in the same ballpark.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

played at the beach this year for the first time in a while

Jul 14, 2012, 11:40 AM

I was tempted to take my borrowed clubs home with me, but then thought better of it. Lots of time and money that should go to my family.

But it's a great game. I like the comraderie, the cigars, the pleasant day outdoors. There will be a time when I do get back into it. Kinda like my daddy did - after the kids are out and on their own. I'll enjoy the occasional round until then.

Good luck!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Want a Tennessee orange Clemson bag?***

Jul 14, 2012, 11:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

grandad did go to Tenn, There are worse colors to mess up

Jul 15, 2012, 2:28 AM

Clemson Orange with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 396
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic