Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Religion and COVID-19. Bats and snakes are unclean.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Religion and COVID-19. Bats and snakes are unclean.

Mar 13, 2020, 7:58 AM

So APM is reading through the Bible this year and today he just happened to be in the section of Leviticus where the Lord throws down about clean and unclean animals. Guess what falls in the unclean category? Bats.

And while snakes are not specifically mentioned, Bible commentary and commentary of Jewish dietary laws I have seen have consistently said snake is not considered kosher.

So there you have it. The wisdom of the Lord proves true once again. People aren't supposed to eat bats and snakes.

And yes, APM eats Carolina BBQ when he goes down to Sakerlina. He does not live by OT laws, BUT there is wisdom in them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been working hard to correct this one

Mar 13, 2020, 8:06 AM

"nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Not easy to do during March Madness, but this year it should be a dry one and heck, I will save a lot of money not being a heathen and gambling and watching games and having beers. Looks like quarantine could be a good thing for a while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know, right? But Jesus got you covered fam.***

Mar 13, 2020, 8:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was life expectancy during Jesus' time?

Mar 13, 2020, 10:51 AM

Matthew Mark Luke and John must have lived to like 100 years old with all that religious health info they had.

Oh wait, they died in their 50's and 60's? Cause of Death must have been not health related. And there must be some logical explanation for life expectancy going up dramatically after the scientific method replaced dogma. God plays 3 dimensional chess too.

Trading in Penicillin for some Old Testament healing ASAP.

And it's fine to break the eating laws of the Bible as long as it's normal in the USA. Otherwise it's heathen BS.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

U mad?***

Mar 13, 2020, 11:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Yes. I use critical thinking out of anger.

Mar 13, 2020, 11:18 AM

My next act of rage will be doing long division.

Dat Methuselah doh!***

Mar 13, 2020, 11:38 AM [ in reply to What was life expectancy during Jesus' time? ]

We are the spiritual children of Israel.

Mar 13, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to What was life expectancy during Jesus' time? ]

Those OT lessons are most valuable and practical when we determine the spiritual application. Imo, the eating of certain meats is valuable to what we allow as truth to our souls since the truth feeds our soul while sucking on a like like the heathens who worship false gods will lead to destruction of the spirit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are the spiritual children of Israel.

Mar 13, 2020, 1:24 PM

Not to mention a scientific basis for some of the dietary rules, that was unknown by man at the time. Like, Trichinosis in pork that isn't fully cooked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we look back and evaluate the science of the past...

Mar 13, 2020, 2:28 PM

we tend to swell with pride that we've come so far. We had a poster here to disrespected those who lived 4000 years ago and dismissed everything they wrote. I showed him the math based on the widely accepted belief that scientific knowledge doubles every 25 years. I has to look it up, I didn't work off my opinion.

Working back and assessing their understanding of our world in light of what we know today we can work forward with that calculation and estimate how long it will be until people in the future view us as we viewed those shepherds.

With scientific knowledge doubling every 25 years it will only take 100 years for the common man to look at us and laugh as we look at those shepherds and laugh. We know 'this,' for a fact and we 'know that,' will never change but that disrespect science to proclaim a fact when people in 100 years will laugh at our facts.

Heisenberg was worst at this. We all agree that there are some things which are unknowable, right? Well, 4000 years ago those shepherds washed their hands in running water. I wonder if they believed they'd never know why?

It takes a really pompous man to say this or that is unknowable yet that is widely established as truth across our scientific community. So of all the knowledge of everything in the universe which is knowable exactly what percentage do you think man knows right now. Please venture to guess and consider me able to comprehend scientific notation. Take a shot!

Now you see how small and insignificant we are. Now you wonder why the God who designed and created this universe would consider us such that He would give His only Son to redeem us and preserve a place at His side when all this is over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...says man over the internet.***

Mar 13, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to We are the spiritual children of Israel. ]

Does anyone need a Bible to know that?

Mar 13, 2020, 12:32 PM

Leviticus 15:13 addresses the cleaning after recovering from the infection called leprosy.

13 And when he that hath an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean.

What say you, Prod?

Does it say anything about not touching armadillos?***

Mar 13, 2020, 12:40 PM

No, I think that part is in the Koran.***

Mar 13, 2020, 1:21 PM

Re: Does it say anything about not touching armadillos?***

Mar 13, 2020, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Does it say anything about not touching armadillos?*** ]

It depends on how receptive the armadillo is. A candy bar first my break the ice.

Re: Religion and COVID-19. Bats and snakes are unclean.

Mar 13, 2020, 1:20 PM

Well damm! There goes my Stringbean-bat-almondine casserole! Thanks, thanks a lot!

And that rattlesnake amuse bouche.***

Mar 13, 2020, 3:13 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic