Topic: Yeah !
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 26, 2021, 7:05 AM by: Tigerbalm1®
[ General Boards - Politics & Religion ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Yeah !

[1]
Posted: Feb 25, 2021, 8:34 PM

And I think stores should stop separating underwear by gender too ! I have my reasons ...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/california-law-fine-department-stores-1000-separating-toys-gender?cmpid=FNC_app

Fres

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

I didn't read anything other than the article, so would be

[1]
Posted: Feb 25, 2021, 10:44 PM

interested in the other side of the story if there is one, but what strikes me about this is that store marketing merely reflects societal norms. One can make a case that some marketing norms can reflect values that are per se immoral and should be disallowed. So, granted.

But there is nothing immoral about a societal observation that boys like to play with some types of toys and girls with other types, and that customers enjoy shopping for them in that manner. The whole thing is just who we are. I can see no legal theory by which a govt has a right to impose some other behavioral norms regarding toys.

A more dangerous norm is the growing acceptance of govt's right to do this, the idea that society's values should not be determined from the bottom up but the top down. Orwell wrote about this in '1984'.

2021 white level member link

"EVERYBODY!!!" (in Oldman fashion from "The Professional")

[2]
Posted: Feb 25, 2021, 11:06 PM

Everybody needs a copy of '1984' in their back pocket nowadays to adequately assess the morass of current government oversight ...

Orwell was a political savant.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

You will notice that people who once referred to it don't

[1]
Posted: Feb 26, 2021, 12:58 AM

like being reminded that it is now here. Truth when it was somebody else, not so much in the mirror.

I see that the California derangement Syndrome

[1]
Posted: Feb 25, 2021, 11:32 PM

is spreading.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

Granted. If it stays out there. You're for state autonomy I'm

Posted: Feb 26, 2021, 12:55 AM

guessing, which is good. I agree.

Message was edited by: CUintulsa®

Re: Granted. If it stays out there. You're for state autonomy I'm

[1]
Posted: Feb 26, 2021, 7:04 AM

Jesus I lived the for 11 years. Had I not, the stories I hear from people who have never been there, let alone set foot on an airplane, would have me believe it was a concentration camp surrounded by landmines comprised of human feces and MS-13 feeding conservives into ovens.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Two season tickets for sale. Portal Q Row LL in the North Stands. Seats are not far from the portal....

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ General Boards - Politics & Religion ]
Start New Topic
265 people have read this post