Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GT fans giving Dabo some love (Maybe a little too much)....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

GT fans giving Dabo some love (Maybe a little too much)....

Sep 9, 2013, 11:18 PM

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938&t=11838326&p=1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not one mention of us taking their rival down.....

Sep 9, 2013, 11:25 PM

mmmmhhhh

I only read the first page, and I saw one mention

Sep 9, 2013, 11:29 PM

but it was saying that we took down an overrated UGA team

Of course they would say that

Sep 10, 2013, 10:04 AM

We say the same about SC. Plus, that was before they beat SC on Saturday.

Interesting thread. I'm surprised the GT fans were so complimentary.

Sep 9, 2013, 11:57 PM

One thing that made me laugh though was one of their fans saying that Dabo seems dumb. Really?!? I think he seems like a bright guy. And even if he truly is dumb, nobody who cheers for a Paul Johnson coaches team should be saying that anyone else's coach seems dumb. To me, Johnson comes across as a double digit IQ type for sure. Bad personality too.

I'll take Dabo as our coach, thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If you followed Paul Johnson's career more closely I think

Sep 10, 2013, 10:50 AM

it would be hard to come away with the impression that he is a low IQ guy. The guy is extremely smart. He gets inside other coaches heads (during the game) as well as anyone else I've ever seen. But you are right that he is an A-hole. Big time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

best quote in my opinion...

Sep 10, 2013, 12:18 AM

Not sure what you mean by this. Clemson has a very strong program and tradition (80K seat stadium). Dabo didn't build that program, yet he has definitely taken them to a different level.

But not a good coach? Really? they just beat two SEC teams back to back, ranked in the top 10, and he's had his team in two ACC championship games. Not bad for a guy "who's not a good coach." I just don't get why GT fans feel the need to caveat anything about Dabo. The guy is the perfect coach for that program, and has awakened a sleeping giant.

yep

Sep 10, 2013, 5:33 AM

I thought that one was the best as well

Re: best quote in my opinion...

Sep 10, 2013, 6:51 AM [ in reply to best quote in my opinion... ]

" The guy is the perfect coach for that program, and has awakened a sleeping giant. "

Awesome. I love that other teams are fearing us now.

Wow! Just WOW!

Sep 10, 2013, 1:09 AM

I pulled a young GT Grad Marine O thru SERE school. THIS takes the cake!
GO DABO! LEAD OUR TIGERS!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice to see some rivals give him some respect***

Sep 10, 2013, 5:11 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Favorite: "He (Dabo) has awakened a sleeping giant..."

Sep 10, 2013, 6:29 AM

talking about Dabo building the program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course they are complimentary since they have owned us

Sep 10, 2013, 7:20 AM

the last 10 meetings. Kinda sad but they don't hate/fear us right now. I would love for us to be viewed like FSU in the 90's. When other fan bases hate you, you are doing something right.

I like the respectful and friendly rivalry we have with them

Sep 10, 2013, 10:56 AM

Their fans are usually very polite and knowledgeable. Though I nearly killed one of their p.o.s. students in 2011 at the game.

Re: Of course they are complimentary since they have owned us

Sep 10, 2013, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Of course they are complimentary since they have owned us ]

Paul Johnson has one, maybe two legitimate wins against Clemson. The rest have been the direct result of incompetent ACC officials who decided the game in Ga. Tech's favor.

Never thought I would hear GT fans giving Dabo & Tigers

Sep 10, 2013, 7:20 AM

any love!

I"LL CLAW THEIR ### EYES OUT!

Sep 10, 2013, 7:28 AM

I just hope they don't try to tear my blue dress off.

signed
bob

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless um...***

Sep 10, 2013, 8:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

High praise from a usually snarky bunch...***

Sep 10, 2013, 9:32 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn. The usual condescension from the self-proclaimed

Sep 10, 2013, 10:09 AM

brainiacs of the ACC.

Fact is, our program has improved while theirs has regressed under Swinney/Johnson.

They wouldn't recognize a good HC if one hit them in the face. Paul Johnson and his triple option?? Bwahahahahaha...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Yawn. The usual condescension from the self-proclaimed

Sep 10, 2013, 10:54 AM

Paul Johnson and his triple option are 4-2 against us. We have had better players every single time too. The man can coach. We should kill them this year though.

Re: Yawn. The usual condescension from the self-proclaimed

Sep 10, 2013, 10:56 AM

He can definitely coach, but can he recruit? He did very well with Gailey's players, but they have fallen off quite a bit as of late. I don't think he will last down there.

He can't recruit on this level because of his system.

Sep 10, 2013, 10:59 AM

He can recruit in FCS really well. But at the FBS/BCS level, guys want a system that gets them in the NFL. Triple Option aint it. That's why his system won't last long in the ACC. But the guy is a proven winner at Georgia Southern and Navy.

Re: He can't recruit on this level because of his system.

Sep 10, 2013, 11:13 AM

Again, Dabo had to rebuild and lost his first recruiting class after the Bowden fiasco.

He's steadily improved the recruiting, upgraded the coaching staff, improved the brand, etc.

The same cannot be said for Johnson under his tenure.

Screw Calford.

Dabo had better players than Johnson despite that weak class

Sep 10, 2013, 11:37 AM

Our roster has had better talent every single year Johnson has been on the other sideline.

This is not a knock on Dabo. Dabo has done his job well. But Paul Johnson is a good coach because he does more with less. His system win't work at this level. That's his biggest weakness.

I would rather have Dabo than Johnson, but that doesn't automatically mean Johnson is a bad coach.

Re: Dabo had better players than Johnson despite that weak class

Sep 10, 2013, 11:57 AM

Didn't say Johnson was a bad coach. What I said was that their fanbase is delusional thinking that Dabo is a "clown coach", per their boards.

Again, Johnson's avg. star-rating has declined each and every class since he's assumed the HC position.

Dabo's has climbed.

The results speak for themselves.

Screw Calford.

Sep 10, 2013, 1:52 PM

They wouldn't recognize a good HC if one hit them in the face. Paul Johnson and his triple option?? Bwahahahahaha...
Pardon me if the above quote from your post looked to me as if you were implying Paul Johnson was a bad coach. It certainly looked that way.

And the only reason recruiting matters is that it is supposed to improve actual game performance. Since GT is 4-2 against under Johnson, I would say those results speak louder than recruiting service rankings. Especially considering my point is that Paul Johnson is such a good game-day coach that it makes up for his poor recruiting.

I think we agree that Paul Johnson has damaged GT's recruiting. But we disagree if you also argue that GT's football program is holistically worse off with him than it was before.

BTW I just looked at the Rivals rankings and from 2002-2006 Georgia Tech was ranked in the bottom four of the conference in recruiting rankings every year. So... there's that.

Sep 10, 2013, 2:30 PM

No. I was implying that the GT fans don't recognize Dabo Swinney as a good HC. It can't get any clearer than that.

It's debatable whether Johnson will win any more games against Dabo now that he has his coaching staff set, some depth on the field, and the talent that just keeps rolling in.

BTW we're 1-0 (about to go 2-0) with Venables as the DC.

Venables can handle GT's option offense. Steele couldn't. Dabo was smart enough to make that change, too.

Johnson is what, on his 3rd DC now? Please.....

Screw Calford.

Some Clemson "fans" could learn something from their posts.***

Sep 10, 2013, 10:45 AM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic