Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wishing for the old days on ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,231

Wishing for the old days on ESPN

Dec 18, 2015, 7:47 AM

when they showed Australian Rules Football and other unknown sports. I was sitting in a Mexican restaurant for lunch this week, and they had the station on with sub-titles. I wasn't watching, but it caught my attention as I was leaving that I hadn't seen any sports while I was there. Later that day, someone posted a link to the Paul Finebaum show, and it finally hit me that ESPN doesn't really show sports anymore. I'd love to see an analysis of the number of hours of sports programming compared to the hours they talk. Most of the shows don't even have many highlights anymore. The entire network is nothing but old guys sitting around spewing their opinions. I realize that the powers at the network tell them what their opinion is, but if they had beer on the tables, it would sound like the local sports bar.

It's really unwatchable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention objective and unbiased reporting***

Dec 18, 2015, 7:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

And no progressive political agenda...***

Dec 18, 2015, 7:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MTV stopped showing music videos years ago ...

Dec 18, 2015, 7:54 AM

must be the natural progression ... evolve into a form of the Jerry Springer show.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tru dat. It was on in the background at a party I went

Dec 18, 2015, 7:59 AM

To this week and it had will Farrell and marky mark taking bout movies. . Then did some thing on star wars.
Volume was down so I can't know for sure c but I don't think they said anything about sports.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Wishing for the old days on ESPN

Dec 18, 2015, 7:56 AM

They are slowly dying. When you put all the marbles on one conference you setup for faliure. Just a bad gamble! Fans from the other P5 conference do not watch it anymore. Only games with the sound muted!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wishing for the old days on ESPN

Dec 18, 2015, 8:00 AM

It's a simple solution for me. I just don't watch ESPN anymore unless it's a live game. As you mentioned, their programing has gone way downhill. Mostly its SC, a simulcast of a radio guy, or a simple feed of the newspaper talking heads. They're trying to cut corners to save $ and the product stinks.

That and I'm married now and Bravo is on the TV 90% of the time. I pick my battles and the weekends, I'm in control.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call your service provider NOW.. right this instance and tell them

Dec 18, 2015, 8:19 AM

To take hgtv off your package. Trust me, it will save you a but load of time and money.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm Wishing for the old days in our country. When

Dec 18, 2015, 8:38 AM

When people respected authority figures,
When the news was not slanted by the owners of the networks,
When people celebrated Christmas! Not some holiday. ???
When you didn't have to worry about sending your children to school,
When you didn't have to have security teams at church,

Well, at least we have CFB and our beloved Tigers! It has been a wonderful respite from the day to day news.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,231
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic