Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why only 1 OL recruit in 19, yet multiple WR
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Why only 1 OL recruit in 19, yet multiple WR

Sep 30, 2018, 11:02 AM

I feel like we over recruit WR and under recruit OL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on our NFL success

Sep 30, 2018, 11:04 AM

It’s much easier to recruit OL than WR to be fair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Based on our NFL success

Sep 30, 2018, 11:34 AM

I don't know if I agree that OL are easier to recruit. They might get less press, but they are more sought after and tougher to keep healthy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Based on our NFL success

Sep 30, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Based on our NFL success ]

Is this backwards?

Easier to recruit WR than OL right, based on NFL success...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why only 1 OL recruit in 19, yet multiple WR***

Sep 30, 2018, 11:05 AM

Re: Why only 1 OL recruit in 19, yet multiple WR***

Sep 30, 2018, 11:07 AM

Because Dabo and Scott were WRs.

But have you seen our WR block? They nasty ;)***

Sep 30, 2018, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I’ve been harping on this for years. Our OL is the last piece we beed

Sep 30, 2018, 11:09 AM

We have elite talent and play all over the field except OLine. I also do not believe Robbie Caldwell is good coach ie Mitch Hyatt has not gotten better the last four years.

I think we have a few good linemen now- Jackson and Brockhorst- but we also need someone to coach them up.

Disagree on Caldwell.

Sep 30, 2018, 1:03 PM

Easy to criticize him, until you watch FSU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why only 1 OL recruit in 19, yet multiple WR

Sep 30, 2018, 11:27 AM

Easy...we lost out on the recruits to better schools with OL history. It’s not like we aren’t recruiting OL, we just aren’t winning the battles.

Would y’all rather take a bad OL just to have numbers or our coaches go after what they perceive to be the best. Unfortunately we lost the recruiting battles and now we are after a DL we want to play OL but he’s considering DL at schools like Coastal and maybe SCar...

Sep 30, 2018, 1:19 PM

It's been a little better this cycle but last cycle they were really slow when it came to expanding the board. They were still way late offering Stacey Wilkins and late to the party with Wanya Morris, the latter of which probably could have been and still could be a winnable battle.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:31 AM

we have 15 olineman on scholarship, that is par for the course in CFB. We lose three this year which means we will likely take 3 in this class. The staff has said on numerous occasions that they are being selective here this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 11:44 AM

There are more elite WRs every year than OL. During the Bowen years we almost never put an OL in the NFL so thats our rep. and other schools use it against us. Also OL is probably the hardest position to evaluate out of HS.

I disagree about Hyatt. He is a very good left tackle. Last year he had nagging injuries. If you replace Caldwell , who would you hire?

We are recruiting OL pretty hard

Sep 30, 2018, 1:30 PM

For some reason, we have a hard time getting commitments from the elite guys. Doesn't mean we can't take high 3*/4* guys and turn them into road graders. Until more of our OL become NFL starters, (high hopes for Mitch Hyatt) other teams are going to have some success against us in this area.

We could do like UGA and keep 20 or so man mountain, corn fed country boys in the stable by providing hunting land and other goodies for them and their families. I have no idea how they get away with some of the stuff they do. It has to help when you have a state legislature passing laws designed to help you hide the goings on in your program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic